shape
carat
color
clarity

I colored diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sbray

Rough_Rock
Is an I colored diamond to low of a grade to use for an engagement ring? I want the largest stone for my money, but I also want it to look white when put in a platinum setting. I''ve seen pictures of the I colored stones online and some look extemely white while others look kind of cream colored. I was wanting to buy at least 1.5 carats and still stay within my budget of $10,000. Any help would be appreciated.

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
Anyone selling you a cream colored diamond that doesnt look white stay away from.

I could give you a bunch of confusing advice, numbers ect...but the basics are just about one thing...if its pretty, and you like it, and you think she will like it, then do what you feel is best to do for you. Do what you are comfortable with, and nothing more. let common sence be your guid

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
A lot depends on the hue/tint of the rough the diamond was cut from. Some is yellow, some brown, so isn't. Combine the right diamond rough with a great cut and a J color diamond can be fantastic in plat.
1.gif

tessa

Shiny_Rock
My diamond came back from GIA graded I.

I was disappointed because I thought it was an H.

Actually, though, it is very well cut and it doesn't look yellow at all.
So I had it mounted in platinum and it looks great.

Probably if you purt it next to a d it would show more warmth but it is beautiful and also i.5 ct range.

If you have a good price and the stone looks good to your eye then dont't worry about the grading.
She won't be wearing the certificate.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I love warm diamonds and didn't want above an "I". Just because they cost more doesn't mean they're better- beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
Having said that, "I"s do face up quite white & I can't imagine her being disappointed with an "I".
If you do a pricescope seach for "H"s & "I"s around 1.50, I'm sure you'll have a bunch to choose from in your price range.
Best of luck to you!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results