shape
carat
color
clarity

I color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Here I go again.....

What do y''all think about I color? .845ct, si1 - all inclusions off to the side. Cut advisor gave it a 1.1. For this size, I require a bargain right now......will most likely upgrade again sometime down the road.

Any thoughts?

-Melissa

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Howdy Mel! Welcome aboard!
Sounds very nice! Can you post additional data, as crown, pavilion, girdle, polish, sym, fluor, lab?

acf135

Rough_Rock
I just bought an I color AGS000 H&A that scored a 1.9 on the HCA and it looks white to me. It's mounted in platinum and I can't even see a hint of color unless I hold it next to a F-G or above. I think if it has a good cut the tint will be less noticable. Also, it doesn't have any fluorecence.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If it's a great cut it can face up very white. *If* it's a great cut.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a nice stone......good job! I color should be fine given the outstanding cut.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
An extremely well CUT I color diamond can be a great bargain and face up white even when set in white gold or platinum.

Post info/specs, including crown and pavillion angles, on your diamond for more detailed opinions.
2.gif

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
I'm more than happy to post the detailed specs!

Carat 0.845
Color I
Clarity SI1
Measurements (mm) 6.07-6.10 x 3.76
Table % 57
Depth % 60.7
Crown Angle ° 34.1
Crown % 14.5
Pavilion Angle ° 40.9
Pavilion % 43.3
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle Faceted 0.7% to 1.5%
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible

I've tried to attach the clarity pic. This is the other part I'm concerned about. I like that the inclusions are off to the side, but there are alot of them. I don't know much about how to interpret such a pic, so I'd love expert opinions on this as well!

Thanks all,

Melissa

stonereport2i.jpg

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Another important bit of info.....the price: $2765.00

Should I haggle???
2.gif

-Melissa

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
For an SI1 with this many feathers clustered in one area just check to see if they are visible without a loupe. There's a chance you may be able to pick them up unaided, but still unlikely as an SI1.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Feathers are white so this is a good thing. BUT, being all so near each other, you could be able to see 'something'; by something I mean the whole group and not a single one, as if the stone was dirty. It's unlikely, though, especially given the fact it's an AGS SI 1 and it weighs 0.845.

BTW, veerrrrrrrry nice cut!

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Phooey!

Someone bought it this morning!
8.gif

The quest will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results