shape
carat
color
clarity

I color in Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jujubee

Rough_Rock
I have an I color 3.58 carat pear diamond. I had it set in a very wide platinum band with inset side stone. I can sometimes see a slight tinge of yellow in it the center stone in certain light. My jeweler suggested re-rhodium plating the prongs to try to minimize it. Not sure if that will make a difference or if I am fighting a loosing battle and should either live with it or find another stone. Any thoughts??:bigsmile:

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
WOW...That's a mighty large stone.

It must be magnificent...I also love a pear. Why not set it is 18K yellow gold in a modern setting? That will take away from the yellow.

With a stone that size, most people are in awe over how big it is and do not notice the color.

Greentree

Rough_Rock
First decide if the slightly yellow color is really what bothers you. Or has some sales brochure somewhere convinced you that only diamonds of D, E, or F are suitable for jewelry, and that's what bothers you.

For awhile I thought diamonds that showed a little color were somehow unsuitable for jewelry. Not true! A diamond that shows a little color is not as rare, that's all. If your diamond is otherwise of good cut and clarity, a nice stone of that size is something to hang onto. Really, the tint of a stone color grade I is so slight, you must be conciously looking for it. Fageddaboutit! Enjoy your big rock.:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results