shape
carat
color
clarity

I color in a yellow gold setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
I've noticed a sustantial price difference in I color stones. I have previously been considering a G or H color, VS2, .75-.85ct, with an HCA of 2 or less. My price range for the diamond is about 2800 - 3200. So far I haven't had any luck.

I plan having the stone set in a yellow gold tension setting. I've heard that some SI1 stones can not be tension set so I don't feel comfortable going any lower on clarity. What is your opinion on I color set in yellow gold? Will there be a noticable yellow tint or not?

Should I just try to be patient and keep looking?

Thanks in advance for the input. Diamond shopping is such a fun, and frustrating process.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Should I just try to be patient and keep looking?
----------------

To be patient is always a good thing when you searching for diamonds :)

However, I color should be just fine in yellow gold setting because any diamond will pick the yellow tint from the yellow gold anyway.

Try to test it yourself by comparing two different stones of different colors (e.g. G and I color) set into your type of yellow gold settings. See whether you can spot any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results