shape
carat
color
clarity

I color emerald cut????

Lisaelizabeth

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I am looking for a little reassurance (hopefully). My boyfriend (with my mothers help) got a great deal on an emerald cut diamond. It is 2.76 VVS2 excellent cut and I color. It will be set in a white gold, thick banded solitaire setting. Should I be worried about the color? I have read that emerald cuts should be H or better because of the way they are cut but is there really a noticeable difference? Honestly, I am grateful to have anything but I am curious. Please be honest! Thanks in advance for your help!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI1
Congratulations!!

Good thing you're asking questions though...
1) who graded the diamond ( right answer =GIA)
2) Who called it "EXCELLENT CUT"? I ask because there is no such grade agreed upon by the trade.

Lisaelizabeth

Rough_Rock
Hi sorry yes to GIA cert. and the "excellent" came from the jeweler of course!! :) Only because she said the length and width were good for an emerald cut not too shallow or deep...I guess for her taste. (She is my mothers jeweler for a few years and we do trust her for the most part) But the color is what might bother me what do you think??

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Are you sensitive to diamond color?
Not all people are.
Can you view the stone in person?
What type of setting is it going into?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don't wear the certificate on your finger... you wear the diamond on your finger. What the certificate says about the color is irrelevant to the beauty of it when you are looking at it. I've seen gorgeous J emerald cuts I would wear in a heartbeat.

It just depends on your eyes and your own preferences. If he has a return policy, make sure you get to wear the ring for a couple days in all kinds of lighting (keep it very clean it will help) and see what you think, while it is within the return period.

If you love it, perfect. If you don't go back and find something that suits you better!

Can you post some pics though? I'd love to see it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
What matters is how the stoneclooks to you. Some people are color sensitive while others are not.

The stone sounds amazing!! Congrats!!! :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T has a lovely Jcolored asscher--- maybe she can chime in with her opinion.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The EC diamond and ring sound lovely. I agree it depends on your color sensitivity and what lighting you are in. I hope you'll post pictures so we can all see it.

Lisaelizabeth

Rough_Rock
I forgot to post pics! I love the ring!! And the color is great!! Thanks for all your help! 2011-10-08_15-54-57_376.jpg
IMG_0947%202.jpg

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Wow - that is just stunning!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1312918242|2987355 said:
You don't wear the certificate on your finger... you wear the diamond on your finger. What the certificate says about the color is irrelevant to the beauty of it when you are looking at it. I've seen gorgeous J emerald cuts I would wear in a heartbeat.

It just depends on your eyes and your own preferences. If he has a return policy, make sure you get to wear the ring for a couple days in all kinds of lighting (keep it very clean it will help) and see what you think, while it is within the return period.

If you love it, perfect. If you don't go back and find something that suits you better!

Can you post some pics though? I'd love to see it!

This! I personally have a K colored asscher and it shows very little warmth to the naked eye. About 98% of the time, the diamond is a bright white to my eye! :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOA!!! lisaelizabeth - thats GORGEOUS!!! WOW! you had a great team working on that for you- its stunning. Congratulations!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisaelizabeth|1312824862|2986541 said:
Hi everyone! I am looking for a little reassurance (hopefully). My boyfriend (with my mothers help) got a great deal on an emerald cut diamond. It is 2.76 VVS2 excellent cut and I color. It will be set in a white gold, thick banded solitaire setting. Should I be worried about the color? I have read that emerald cuts should be H or better because of the way they are cut but is there really a noticeable difference? Honestly, I am grateful to have anything but I am curious. Please be honest! Thanks in advance for your help!

Some people LOVE their XYZ diamonds.
Others claim they are bother by the color they detect in an F.

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
You have to wear it so be sure you get a diamond YOU are happy with.

Look at it, top view AND side view, in many different environments under many kinds of lighting.
If you don't like the color YOU see then return it.
If you cannot return it then it is the most beautiful diamond in the world.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Incredible, beautiful stone (and ring)! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks amazing! Congrats!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I also have an I colored asscher, and the only time I ever see any warmth is if I look through the pavillion on an overcast day, other than that it always looks very white to me. :))

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That ring is STUNNING! I love the thick, shiny band with that big gorgeous emerald :love: I think it's perfect :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results