shape
carat
color
clarity

"I" Color Diamonds with Gemstones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hello Everyone!

I have been away from Pricescope for a few months, as I a preparing to finish my MA at Columbia and move to Philly (University of Pennsylvania).

Anyway, my antique platinum setting broke, two diamonds fell out, a prong was about to break ect. so we are switching it to a plain platinum setting. My diamond is a 2ct Asscher "I" color. I would like to put an eternity ring next to it with gemstones-

Like these:

http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/bss326t4s.html

http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/cjb1202t2r.html

Or emeralds----

I know many on this forum would advise against "I" color Asschers, but it is what my husband-to-be picked, and I love it. It does have a "warmer" color in some lights- Would any colored gemstone band look okay with my "I" color asscher???

Thanks for any advice...

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
''i'' color? i think that''s great! but, then again, any color asscher i''d love. i wish you luck......

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi UCLA Belle,

I personally like the sapphire band to wear with your Asscher cut. I don''t think you should be concerned about your "I" color as much
as the combination of colors together that you prefer. I''m not a fan of emerald bands because I''ve seen so many stones get pitted and nicked from
normal wear. Just my opinion. Hope this helps and happy selecting!

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the quick response! I love my "I" asscher, thanks for the support about it =)

I also like the sapphire, just considering the others- ruby is my birthstone. I also was told emeralds get damaged easily, they are soft?

Once again, thanks for the help. I want to get the right color/ring to go with my diamond!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe, Penn's colors are red and blue get both!! Just kidding, I like the blue one. I think it will look great with your asscher!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your original setting!

Either of those rings is beautiful, and even an emerald version of the same ring would be okay because though emeralds are brittle and more delicate, those channel settings would protect the stones. I love both the ruby and the sapphire bands though - I don''t think you could go wrong with either!!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an I color Asscher too and I simply love it. It''s as white as can be, even when put next to other colors. I think those bands would look great.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I think a colored gemstone eternity bandi s a brilliant choice to go with your I colored Asscher.
The contrast in colors will enhance the beauty of the I.

I vote for the sapphire becuase it goes with everything.

I have a ruby & diamond eternity ring and it does not look so great when i am wearing orange.
Looks Ok with pinks and purples and lots of other colors, but i do like to wear a lot of orange, too.

Dark blue on the other hand seems to go with everything.

good luck & post pics!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the help!!!! I will post pics when the whole thing is done---I think I will go with the sapphire-

Kaleigh- I thought about getting red and blue for Penn''s colors- I just got back from an admit students weekend. Very nice campus! Philly is great! When my parents found out I got into Penn, the ordered me the Lagos Pride of Penn silver & 18kt Gold necklace for my Columbia graduation---I get it in two weeks =)

Thanks again everyone for the help!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look great. Actually, I tink the dark blue color will make your I look whiter. I think it will look beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results