shape
carat
color
clarity

I chose the diamond for my upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
After much discussion with John and Bob, I have chosen a diamond for my upgrade. It's on hold until Monday. Please let me know what you think. Bob, who was looking at the stone said it was beautiful stone and just what a ACA should be
1.gif
I've never done anything like this before...I think I'm about to pass out!!

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Diamond_Details.aspx?idno=58902

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Don't forget to post pictures!! What setting are you thinking of?

Congrats!!!!!

ETA. I just looked at your other thread. If you like HOF, you will love the ACAs. I had an ACA and it is very comprable to the HOF stones.
30.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to use it in my current e-ring setting for awhile. It's a five stone setting, with the four .20 ct RB side stones. My matching w-band has five .20 RB as well. Only problem is the setting is YG and I would like to go platinum. I saw a beautiful setting on the Jaffe site, but it's a semi-mount and I already have the diamonds
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your stone is a beauty!! Don''t pass out now, save it for when you see the diamond.
9.gif
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2007 12:50:11 AM
Author: risingsun
I''m going to use it in my current e-ring setting for awhile. It''s a five stone setting, with the four .20 ct RB side stones. My matching w-band has five .20 RB as well. Only problem is the setting is YG and I would like to go platinum. I saw a beautiful setting of the Jaffe site, but it''s a semi-mount and I already have the diamonds
2.gif
If you love your current setting, you could always rhodium plate it and get the white metal look! It will wear off and have to be redone, but that way you could keep using your current rings if you love them. And if not, you could have a new set custom made in platinum and they could use the diamonds from your current set if you think they are good enough to be with the ACA. Of course, we keep hearing that yellow gold is coming back in style, and that makes me nervous because I have also been changing over to white metals!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 9:03:39 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

If you love your current setting, you could always rhodium plate it and get the white metal look! It will wear off and have to be redone, but that way you could keep using your current rings if you love them. And if not, you could have a new set custom made in platinum and they could use the diamonds from your current set if you think they are good enough to be with the ACA. Of course, we keep hearing that yellow gold is coming back in style, and that makes me nervous because I have also been changing over to white metals!
ds, I''d wear what you like, not what''s in style. I have always worn WG, and always will, it''s what looks best on me, and what I prefer. Styles will always come and go, one can''t keep changing jewelry to accommodate.
28.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It looks like you''ve chosen a terrific diamond Risingsun!!! How exciting for you.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Really nice cut, color and clarity! This looks like a stunning stone!

Yes, scary step, but you will LOVE it!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your kind comments
1.gif
I was nervous about posting the stone here, but I wanted to share it with my fellow PSers. I was looking at five
6.gif
different stones and asked John and Bob for their guidance. The stone is going to Dave Atlas before it comes to me, so I won't set eyes on it until mid week.
I had a call from my HOF jeweler and told her I was calling in another branded diamond for approval. She was pretty good about it. Even offered to source other H & A diamonds for me, if I wished. I talked to her about setting the diamond, if not bought from her. She said that would not be a problem. I would be entitled to regular cleaning, prong checks, etc. They are insured to do the work. It should be a simple matter, since it is a peg head. They would reset the stone in a platinum head. She suggested the rhodium plating as an option. I'm wondering how often I would have to have it replated. Well, one step at a time. Please help me wait out my nerves
23.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Risingsun, no worries - nothing to be nervous about. You said you were nervous about posting the stone here - is that because you were worried someone would steal your find? I wonder how often that happens. Well, it''s yours now and it''s just a matter of time. Be sure to let us know what Dave Atlas has to say. Why did you opt for an independent appraisal if the stone is already certified?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please don''t be nervous, there''s no need, really. ACA''s are basically no brainers (read stunning). You did good, be excited, not nervous.
2.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
No, I was not worried that someone would take the stone. I was nervous that someone would say it was a "woofer"--even though I know it's not--and my brain would explode
14.gif
9.gif
I went with an IA because of being a first time internet buyer. DH and I talked it over and this gave us an extra level of confidence in making this purchase.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
Risingsun... I am with you, I am sooooo with you. I to am looking at buying a stone with Bob at WF. He''s trying to find me a 3.25 ct. emerald cut. I have never done this before, and considering the cost, time and ultimate investment (both financially and in my own happiness with this stone), I will be seeking an IA as well. Nerves and exquisite anticipation combined make for a very long waiting period! I am totally confident WF is going to put you in a diamond you will not be able to stop looking at or talking about. Thats what I''m looking forward to. Good luck to you!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a beauty, that''s for sure!!! Now relax!!!
25.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again to all you wonderful ladies for helping to calm my fears
1.gif
I spoke with John earlier about taking some new IS, ASET and diamond photos, because it appears that the stone is tilted in the current views. That's what John thinks too, because the hearts photo is perfect
2.gif
If all checks out, the stone will be on its way on Monday...and yes, I am on the OCD side
37.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Although the first stone I chose was fine, Brian saw another stone I had been considering and told me he thought it was "the one for me." Who am I to disagree with Brian's expertise
2.gif
The new "chosen one" is slightly smaller in ct size, but the diameter is almost identical to the first one I picked. Thanks to the folks at WF and their patience and personal interest in helping me with my diamond purchase
1.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-183720.htm#

Comments are welcome
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a beauty!!
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a winner!!! And don''t worry, as the owner of both Hearts on Fire and ACA diamonds I can assure you that you won''t be disappointed with your Whiteflash diamond!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummo!!!!
30.gif

shiatsu

Rough_Rock
That's aa pretty large diamond, and you can't get a better cut than that. Did you take a look at the Solasfera diamonds? Ya know with a diamond that large the extra facets may really look nice, I know up in the 1.75-2.0 carat range Salasferas really pop nicely. Goodoldgold has a Solasfera which might be comparable in price although the symmetry and color isn't quite as good:
idealscope.jpg
hearts.jpg

bscope__i.jpg

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2629/

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 5:37:47 PM
Author: risingsun
Although the first stone I chose was fine, Brian saw another stone I had been considering and told me he thought it was 'the one for me.' Who am I to disagree with Brian's expertise
2.gif
The new 'chosen one' is slightly smaller in ct size, but the diameter is almost identical to the first one I picked. Thanks to the folks at WF and their patience and personal interest in helping me with my diamond purchase
1.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-183720.htm#

Comments are welcome
1.gif
awesome! that is one sweeeeet looking stone.
18.gif

i think it's cool that it is '1.234' cts. 1234.... how often does that happen? i've never seen it! cool!
36.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again for your wonderful comments
36.gif
I'd better start learning how to use the macro on my camera. I've tried taking some pics of my current rings--and centerstone--for comparison. I've got nothing but a blur! DH tried and did better, but got some strange shadows. Anyhow, I'll keep you posted. I don't expect to see the little sparkler until the end of the week
38.gif

BTW Thanks for posting info on the Solasfera, Shiatsu. It looks beautiful, but I thiink I need to stop thinking about more options, at this point...or my DH will believe I'm really out of my mind
9.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!!
36.gif
36.gif
I also think the 1234 is cool!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results