shape
carat
color
clarity

I can finally wear my diamond earring jackets!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry this is long but I’m excited! I’ve had these earring jackets for years..intending to wear them with my smaller 1.84 ctw diamond studs..but I never felt they fit. I was frustrated because they’re so pretty but I didn’t have any ideas how to wear them..or what to wear them with. @canuk-gal bought her beautiful Mikimoto pearl earrings and put them in her earring jackets and I got excited that maybe a pearl would fit better..so I ordered akoya pearl earrings to see if I could find a pair that would fit. I wouldn’t buy the Mikimoto pearls because I would worry the jackets would scratch them. The pearls came..but they were too small..I decided I might want to buy a gemstone to wear in the jackets. I didn’t know the size of the jackets so I decided to buy a cheap pair of morganite studs from Amazon to see if they would fit. Bingo! They could be a smidge bigger but I think this size works! Best thing is the morganite is not too shabby considering they were only $125 including tax! Now I can look for some really nice stones to put in them now that I know the size! Happy!
CCA293EE-881A-4C65-955A-7478A6CB8B7D.jpeg 48A6E8A6-B0F7-490B-99D8-4C2BE73507AD.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your jackets are lovely! Glad you found a solution or twenty!!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

Your jackets are lovely! Glad you found a solution or twenty!!

cheers--Sharon
Thank YOU! I forgot about mine until you showed your beautiful ones!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are the jackets comfortable to wear? I’m on the fence about getting them or just going with a halo

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
They look so pretty! Do you remember what size stones your jackets are made with?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful. I am also wondering if they are comfortable to wear.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are the jackets comfortable to wear? I’m on the fence about getting them or just going with a halo
I really wasn’t comfortable wearing them before finding the right size stud to wear inside the jacket. I don’t like when the stud is so much higher than the melee..so even though I could probably go up inthe stud a smudge..I won’t because I like that the stud nestles in there..I wore them all day yesterday and they were very comfortable.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look so pretty! Do you remember what size stones your jackets are made with?
I don’t remember! I bought them at at a high end jewelry store years ago..before Pricescope..and I remember they were vvs f color because that was on the tag..but they’re not huge stones and not bitty either. Maybe I can put them next to something I have and get an estimate.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!:kiss2: And so glad they are comfy too.:appl: Wear in health and blingy happiness!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
807DD93D-3455-4E59-840A-DC48ED0E3FCA.jpeg So glad you found a solution. They look beautiful with the morganite studs!
I had a similar problem. I have had my jackets for years. When I upgraded to larger studs with martini settings, about 4 years ago, my jackets no longer fit, the studs sat way too high and off balance. I finally took the jackets to my jeweler and they simply altered the setting to fit my studs for a very small fee. They are flush and fit perfectly now! I am so happy to finally be able to wear them again!

Attachments

• 273CEDB6-4CEE-4858-9699-F0448B62369B.jpeg
    273CEDB6-4CEE-4858-9699-F0448B62369B.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 48

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
807DD93D-3455-4E59-840A-DC48ED0E3FCA.jpeg So glad you found a solution. They look beautiful with the morganite studs!
I had a similar problem. I have had my jackets for years. When I upgraded to larger studs with martini settings, about 4 years ago, my jackets no longer fit, the studs sat way too high and off balance. I finally took the jackets to my jeweler and they simply altered the setting to fit my studs for a very small fee. They are flush and fit perfectly now! I am so happy to finally be able to wear them again!
Thank you Luce! Yours are so pretty!

Last edited:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous jackets. They look fabulous & I love that they are so versatile. I found mine to be very comfortable. Those jackets sure add some excellent lobe coverage. LOL

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t remember! I bought them at at a high end jewelry store years ago..before Pricescope..and I remember they were vvs f color because that was on the tag..but they’re not huge stones and not bitty either. Maybe I can put them next to something I have and get an estimate.

I think they’re just about perfect with the little scallop effect :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous jackets. They look fabulous & I love that they are so versatile. I found mine to be very comfortable. Those jackets sure add some excellent lobe coverage. LOL
Thank you ccuheartnurse! :lol-2:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful as are your rings.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks Great! You have great taste! :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous! I foresee lots of color coming your way! :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my jackets for my near 1cttw studs, as they were getting smaller and smaller on my ever increasing earlobes, face and overall size, compared to the days when the studs were made for me when I was 11 or 12!

I thought about making the most of my purchase, so I bought some 6mm studs in pearls and White Gold.

Then I thought about expending my collection even further with different CS studs and a couple of pairs of simulants. I bought them as loose stones, and set them in Snaptite settings in Sterling Silver.

Here are pics of the diamond stud in the jacket and jackets with round pearls and WG studs.

studwithjacket.jpg
jackets_allthestudssmall.jpg

I don't have a pic of my CS studs, sorry!

Ladies, enjoy your jackets.

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought my jackets for my near 1cttw studs, as they were getting smaller and smaller on my ever increasing earlobes, face and overall size, compared to the days when the studs were made for me when I was 11 or 12!

I thought about making the most of my purchase, so I bought some 6mm studs in pearls and White Gold.

Then I thought about expending my collection even further with different CS studs and a couple of pairs of simulants. I bought them as loose stones, and set them in Snaptite settings in Sterling Silver.

Here are pics of the diamond stud in the jacket and jackets with round pearls and WG studs.

studwithjacket.jpg
jackets_allthestudssmall.jpg

I don't have a pic of my CS studs, sorry!

Ladies, enjoy your jackets.

Wow! Are those diamond studs in bezels?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Are those diamond studs in bezels?
Yup, my mum had them made for me over 40 years ago.
The bezel setting is about 6mm in diameter and it sits snuggly in the jackets.

doobaokwei

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! This is such great way to change up the look. :clap:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, my mum had them made for me over 40 years ago.
The bezel setting is about 6mm in diameter and it sits snuggly in the jackets.

What a nice mom! Love all the ideas I get here! :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fantastic! I just adore that look. I'm eagerly awating a pair of garnet studs to be delivered to be so I can finally wear my gorgeous new (to me) jackets too. I actually really like the colour of those morganites!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look fantastic! I just adore that look. I'm eagerly awating a pair of garnet studs to be delivered to be so I can finally wear my gorgeous new (to me) jackets too. I actually really like the colour of those morganites!
Thank you Dandy! I thought about Garnet studs because my birthday is in January but I have ruby and diamond halo studs..and it would be too close in color..I can’t wait to see yours!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results