shape
carat
color
clarity

I can FINALLY post my ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Well, after a short hiatus, I can FINALLY say that I''m officially engaged! And I have the rock to prove it :)

I want to thank everyone on PS who helped me during our diamond search! It seemed like such a drawn out process, but I''m really happy with how everything turned out. I''m actually even really glad we didn''t end up going with a larger stone b/c, now that it''s set, I think it''s the perfect size (even looks a lot bigger than I expected!)

The ring design process was also kind of interesting. If we had to do it over again, I would definitely still consider doing custom but maybe go with a different store. The one we went to was recommended by a friend. The owner was very nice when he was working with us initially, but then after the design was finalized and we were waiting for it to be set, he sort of went MIA on my fiance. In fact, he just stopped returning FI''s calls and emails and FI had to postpone the proposal by a month! (He had originally planned to propose before we went to CA for my cousin''s wedding so that we''d be able to share the news in person w/ my relatives...) But I thankfully everything worked out in the end.

There are a couple minor things about the setting that aren''t exactly what we had designed (for instance, in the pics below you''ll see that there are 4 "prongs" connecting the halo to the "bridge"...those weren''t supposed to be there. I actually don''t mind them, although I kind of wonder if it would look better/cleaner w/o them as originally intended. Thoughts? From the side, it does look nice, but from the front maybe a little too much metal? And if I was going to be really nit picky, I would have probably asked for them do make the band slightly thinner.

Overall, though, I really like my ring and especially how sparkly it is due to my Expert cut Whiteflash stone!

So anyway, just wanted to share the news as well as some pics and say THANKS to all who helped us through the process!!

newbie124_ering1.jpg

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Front view...

newbie124_ering2.jpg

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
It is gorgeous! I love how small the halo diamonds are. They are the perfect accent to your perfect diamond!
3.gif
We want MORE pictures!!!

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Top view

newbie124_ering3.jpg

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Another hand shot...little fuzzy :)

newbie124_ering4.jpg

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!! Your ring is gorgeous!!! Please post more pics and stats
emteeth.gif

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, that's all I have for now :) Will try to get some more shots in the daylight soon...Although, I think I like seeing it best in shaded, diffused light. Surprisingly, I've also noticed that e-rings look really good on the public bus of all places! Something about that otherwise ugly blue-green fluorescent light that really brings out the sparkles!

Oh, here are the stats for my stone (thanks for the reminder, ImpatientOne!)
1.22 ct
G SI1
Table: 54%
Depth: 62.2%
6.83-6.87 x 4.26
Polish/Symmetry: EX/EX

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Big congrats. Your ring is stunning. I think it''s perfect just the way it is!! It''s a beauty, that''s for sure.
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! I think the design is just fine, too!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring and wouldn''t change a thing! Congratulations!

wawatu

Rough_Rock
the ring looks so sparkly ( the top view pix is great) and the setting is well done. NICE!!!

autumnlala

Rough_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! Would you mind sharing what size the diamonds are in the halo and in the band, and what width the band is? It looks amazing on your finger and mine is the same size. Thanks so much!!

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 3:37:49 PM
Author: autumnlala
What a gorgeous ring! Would you mind sharing what size the diamonds are in the halo and in the band, and what width the band is? It looks amazing on your finger and mine is the same size. Thanks so much!!

Thanks for the compliment! :)
I''m not sure what the individual sizes of the halo diamonds are, but I can tell you that in total the side diamonds add up to .57cts.

And I believe the band width is 2mm.

Hope that helps!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
It is STUNNING!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
That looks awesome. The designer did a great job. Gorgeous diamond, too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results