Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

I called it in the first post!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
10,830
It's going to be Trump/Clinton. Cruz is out.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
Yes you did.

I called JEB BUSH and Clinton!!
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,870
I was guessing Rubio VS Clinton.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,870
AprilBaby|1462335355|4026949 said:
It's going to be Trump/Clinton. Cruz is out.
And the winner is????... :bigsmile:
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,747
All I can say is that the American people are the losers when our choices are that poor. Clinton will win because there are plenty on the non-Democrat side who won't vote for Trump or Clinton.
 

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
11,608
Yep, Clinton will be our next pres.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,870
The Dems think it will be "a walk in the park" victory for Clinton, but I don't think it will be that easy.
 

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
10,830
Trump I'm guessing. P. u.
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,742
I still think Sanders has a chance bec he polls higher than Clinton, and the republicans are just crucifying her over something their own party's SoS's did prior to her--the f'ing email thing. She is NOT the first, and probably won't be the last. I think it's ridiculous that she's held to a higher standard than they were, but I know exactly why--because she's a dem. Condi wasn't, and Powell wasn't. But they, of course, were not Dems.
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
AprilBaby|1462505469|4027936 said:
Trump I'm guessing. P. u.
I thought I could not live through George W. Bush, but I did. If you are right, I will have to place my faith in the framers of the Constitution and hope that the existence of three branches of government still creates checks and balances. Those are what have, historically, given our government some balance and some semblance of sanity. Even though with a non-functioning Supreme Court my faith is currently being tested, I do believe in the American Constitution. I do not want to see us slide into chaos or dictatorship. If Donald Trump is elected, I will stay and work as an American.

AGBF
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,870
AGBF|1462551882|4028136 said:
AprilBaby|1462505469|4027936 said:
Trump I'm guessing. P. u.
I thought I could not live through George W. Bush, but I did. If you are right, I will have to place my faith in the framers of the Constitution and hope that the existence of three branches of government still creates checks and balances. Those are what have, historically, given our government some balance and some semblance of sanity. Even though with a non-functioning Supreme Court my faith is currently being tested, I do believe in the American Constitution. I do not want to see us slide into chaos or dictatorship. If Donald Trump is elected, I will stay and work as an American.

AGBF
Funny, I feel the same about Prez Obama... :devil: and no I am not a fan of GWB.
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
Dancing Fire|1462559274|4028189 said:
Funny, I feel the same about Prez Obama...
And did you, also, place your faith in the framers of the Constitution to see you through the dark days of his presidency, my friend? ;))

Deb
:saint:
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,870
AGBF|1462573955|4028288 said:
Dancing Fire|1462559274|4028189 said:
Funny, I feel the same about Prez Obama...
And did you, also, place your faith in the framers of the Constitution to see you through the dark days of his presidency, my friend? ;))

Deb
:saint:
Prez Obama rewrote the Constitution in the past 8 yrs. Shall we say abuse of power by a Prez?
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
Dancing Fire|1462576597|4028306 said:
AGBF|1462573955|4028288 said:
Dancing Fire|1462559274|4028189 said:
Funny, I feel the same about Prez Obama...
And did you, also, place your faith in the framers of the Constitution to see you through the dark days of his presidency, my friend? ;))
Prez Obama rewrote the Constitution in the past 8 yrs. Shall we say abuse of power by a Prez?
That's a new one to me, Dancing Fire. I have never heard anyone else accuse him of abuse of power, although just last week my electrician still tried to say to me that he was born in Kenya. I think the other builders in my house were shocked that I could scream as loudly as I did. I went into an entire frothing at the mouth rant about how he was born in Hawaii. (He even released the "long form" of his birth certificate for G*d's sake!) Everyone was left feeling that no one should discuss politics again! Except me. I was left feeling that stupid people should shut up.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,870
Deb

I don't care if Mr. Obama was born in Timbuktu, however I'd care about how he managed to run our economy into the ground during his presidency, plus piling on $10 trillions of extra debt along the way.
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
Dancing Fire|1462578589|4028327 said:
Deb

I don't care if Mr. Obama was born in Timbuktu, however I'd care about how he managed to run our economy into the ground during his presidency, plus piling on $10 trillions of extra debt along the way.
I think you fell asleep and forgot who was president when. We had a major financial crisis and a major recession under George W. Bush, not under President Obama. That is when the price of housing crashed and the banks failed. My husband (a conservative, like you, who didn't believe in a lot of government intervention) did what he is paid to do and worked on the TARP (Troubled Asset Relief Program) to bail out the big banks. Otherwise our entire economy would have fallen. Under George W. Bush.

The TARP program had to be put into effect before Mr. Obama was even elected president, let alone before he got into office.

"The federal banking and thrift regulatory agencies encourage all eligible institutions to use the Treasury Department's Capital Purchase Program and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program. On October 14, 2008, the U.S. government announced a series of initiatives to strengthen market stability, improve the strength of financial institutions, and enhance market liquidity. Treasury announced a voluntary Capital Purchase Program to encourage U.S. financial institutions to build capital to increase the flow of financing to U.S. businesses and consumers and to support the U.S. economy. Under the program, Treasury will purchase up to $250 billion of senior preferred shares on standardized terms."

AGBF
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,870

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 28, 2013
Messages
2,644
diamondseeker2006|1462365092|4027069 said:
All I can say is that the American people are the losers when our choices are that poor. Clinton will win because there are plenty on the non-Democrat side who won't vote for Trump or Clinton.

Hey, feel sorry for the rest of us non-Americans, too. Your elections have an outsize effect on the rest of the world yet we don't get to vote. :lol: Over here in Asia people are starting to wonder what a Trump presidency could mean for US-China trade, oh and all that US govt debt / T bonds that China bought up.... lol.. given he loves CHINA so much. I am a little fearful for my pension plan... (kind of, but not quite, joking).

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/05/06/1523858/-Revealing-his-utter-ignorance-Trump-threatens-to-default-on-U-S-debt-and-crash-the-global-economy?detail=facebook
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
Dancing Fire|1462585524|4028371 said:
I'd agree that Mr. Obama was dealt a bad hand but what have he done to improve the economy lately?

Even his biggest supporters can't spin this morning's horrible job report... :knockout: only 160K new jobs were created for the month of April... :rolleyes:
Dancing Fire, for once look at all the facts. And look at the big picture. And at history.

Do you know how long it took FDR to pull the United States out of the Great Depression? It began with the stock market crash in 1929. It lasted throughout the 1930's and 1940's. Many historians feel that it was only World War II that caused it to end (the need for industrial build-up and the jobs created by that build-up). Yet you feel that President Obama should have ended George W Bush's depression more quickly than he has? :read:

AGBF
 

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
5,078
AGBF|1462887909|4029740 said:
Dancing Fire|1462585524|4028371 said:
I'd agree that Mr. Obama was dealt a bad hand but what have he done to improve the economy lately?

Even his biggest supporters can't spin this morning's horrible job report... :knockout: only 160K new jobs were created for the month of April... :rolleyes:
Dancing Fire, for once look at all the facts. And look at the big picture. And at history.

Do you know how long it took FDR to pull the United States out of the Great Depression? It began with the stock market crash in 1929. It lasted throughout the 1930's and 1940's. Many historians feel that it was only World War II that caused it to end (the need for industrial build-up and the jobs created by that build-up). Yet you feel that President Obama should have ended George W Bush's depression more quickly than he has? :read:

AGBF
Tilting at windmills Deb. DF knows exactly jack about anything more than about 15 years ago, and has nonexistent analysis skills. It's like talking to a wall.

However, for your and anyone else's enjoyment of some excellent writing at least, I offer this piece, which does do a better than decent analysis of how we got here, and just how perilous are the times in which we now find ourselves.

Democracies end when they are too democratic.
And right now, America is a breeding ground for tyranny. ~ by Andrew Sullivan
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/america-tyranny-donald-trump.html
 

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Messages
2,623
Hi,

DF, if you are writing about the Executive orders that Obama signed as "an abuse of power," please check GWB, he was the master of the executive order. Each Pres. had a cadre of lawyers checking to see if it is constitutional. Guess what, apparently it is.

Hillary Clinton did the same thing to Obama, that Sanders is doing to Hillary, and that is she negotiated her withdrawal from the race with a promise from Obama that he would promote and gain a health insurance plan for all. That particular issue is something that Hillary has worked on for 20 years before Obama.

DF again. Your disdain for Obama is truly not understandable. I think history will give him a good place as Pres. My only fault with the man is that he did not get us out of the war in Irac which is why I voted for him. Other wise he looks good to me.
Unfortunately Hillary does not look as good. Her resume is fine, but for me I have a hard time with her, I admit.

Demented Donald or Deranged Donald is something we ought to worry about. I agree with DF in this instance: Hillary is not a shoo in. Deranged Donald hits on partial truths and so resonates with the electorate. Every other country including Mexico and Canada have requirements for living in their country. DD has a point, we don't have any idea who is in this country.
Ronald Reagan, the hero of the right, is responsible for this failed policy of immigration. When you give amnesty to 3 million, isn't it common sense that more will come unless you tighten your border. Now we have 14 million. We already built a fence, we don't need a wall.

When I was younger, no one cared if someone was illegal in this country. Most of us thought that Mexicans were good people and just wanted a job. I hired many illegal Mexicans(I was in the Hotel Industry) because they were good, until the Gov't told us we had to document them. I assure you the hotel industry didn't like it.

I wanted to retire in Mexico, as I like the people. But, 14 million unknown is aa bit much even for me.

These are dangerous times and I will vote for the safe choice.

Annette
 

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 12, 2013
Messages
1,226
April, hope you had some money on that! I didn't think it would be Trump.
KS, I'm addressing that article, which is an interesting read. So you are concerned about Trump's fascist tendencies. Have you no concern for Clinton's socialistic bent? I'm guessing no. It's all about what we think government's role should be.
KS and AGBF, there's no reason to assume that DF is uninformed. Disagreeing with you does not equal ignorance.
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
AnnaH|1462913785|4029911 said:
KS and AGBF, there's no reason to assume that DF is uninformed. Disagreeing with you does not equal ignorance.
AnnaH, I do not think you are in any position know what I feel about how much total information Dancing Fire has acquired over the years. At best you can infer from what I wrote above that I feel he was not, in this case, looking at the big picture or looking at the question from a historical perspective. And it most certainly is my prerogative to have the opinion that Dancing Fire's postings do not see the big picture or do not take into account history!

AGBF
 

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
10,830
:dance:

_3541.jpeg
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
ksinger|1462889008|4029754 said:
Democracies end when they are too democratic.
And right now, America is a breeding ground for tyranny. ~ by Andrew Sullivan
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/america-tyranny-donald-trump.html
Fascinating article, K. I read it once, but only in a cursory manner. I will have to reread, because Socrates and Plato are not my "thing". (I did forward to my husband because they are his.) Reading history is easy for me; philosophy, not so much. My husband was a Greek and Latin Classics scholar, though. I always appreciate it when you elevate the level of discourse here above, "Reader's Digest". ;))

Deb :wavey:
 

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 12, 2013
Messages
1,226
April, ha! Yes, we need a break.
AGBF, when you say, "DF, for once look at the facts," it seems that you are saying DF has never done so, not just in this case. Maybe that was not your intent.
Of course, you can say whatever you want, and I can disagree. And visa versa.
 

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
17,804
AnnaH|1462940148|4030110 said:
April, ha! Yes, we need a break.
AGBF, when you say, "DF, for once look at the facts," it seems that you are saying DF has never done so, not just in this case. Maybe that was not your intent.
Of course, you can say whatever you want, and I can disagree. And visa versa.
DF is a stats man! By the way, anyone who might know or be concerned, where the HELL is JoCoJenn? Now that was a respectable debae when she stepped in. I'm all liberal over here going "whoa" at her pretty damn meaningful side of conservative things. :wavey:

Meanwhile, Budweiser renamed itself "America." (For now.)
http://www.fastcodesign.com/3059681/budweiser-renames-its-beer-america

Which could be some sort of antithesis of Facebook's "now trending" "liberal" news items?
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/10/technology/conservatives-accuse-facebook-of-political-bias.html?_r=0

ETA: typo stays because I love it!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Radiant Ruby Cluster Ring
    Radiant Ruby Cluster Ring
    Recutting And Resetting A Heirloom
    Recutting And Resetting A Heirloom
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top