shape
carat
color
clarity

I called her “Asschmerald”

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
F8AEDB11-8247-4245-A528-874D67B254BD.jpeg 78CC96B6-C517-4E48-AAAE-2D972B33C33D.jpeg 4828BA2A-9DB4-496B-BB91-6E436BA93927.jpeg
Okay so from all these three pictures:
* Between First pic and Second pic ==> I like the BLUE arrow on first pic compared to Blue arrow on second pic.

* Between second pic and third pic ==> which one is look better, WHITE arrow on second pic or WHITE arrow on third pic? ( the shape of the middle part of the HALO, round or oval like petals )
And which is look better, RED arrow on second pic or RED arrow on third pic? ( with leaves like on third pic or without leaves on se one pic )

* Third pic ==> I like the YELLOW arrow. ( the wide prong )

Any input please?

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@-Asscher- please remind me which vendor you used for your gorgeous stone!
@Starfacet
I bought it from b2cjewels.com.

Was listed on 3 websites: James Allen, Blue Nile and B2C Jewels.
B2C Jewels the lowest price and they were super nice!!! Simon and Harry who helping me and pretty much everyone there are great.
Everytime I requested for ASET image, video etc was very quick.
I’m very happy work with them!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Who is the CAD from? These are tab prongs:

3.11ct Art Deco Step Cut Diamond Ring GIA F VS 7-L.jpg
From b2cjewels. They are the one get back to me so soon with CAD image but they missing the prong that I want and the milgrain.

Will get another CAD image tomorrow.

That is the prong I want ( tab prongs )
Didn’t know the name before LOL
I just told them I want wide flat prongs :lol:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From b2cjewels. They are the one get back to me so soon with CAD image but they missing the prong that I want and the milgrain.

Will get another CAD image tomorrow.

That is the prong I want ( tab prongs )
Didn’t know the name before LOL
I just told them I want wide flat prongs :lol:

Great minds think alike! :lol:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not exactly the look from the original setting that I want because of shape of my diamond but all the other details I think looks great!

I would absolutely wait for DK and CVB cads. You have a great eye and I want you to get exactly what you want.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely wait for DK and CVB cads. You have a great eye and I want you to get exactly what you want.
For the quality purpose are they will be different between DK, CVB and b2cjewels?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not exactly the look from the original setting that I want because of shape of my diamond but all the other details I think looks great!

I think it will be stunning!! Don’t settle for less than what you want...

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
9615754E-0602-49E2-8504-14B65C14FA45.jpeg
I think it will be stunning!! Don’t settle for less than what you want...
I love the CAD image from B2C and they can get it done faster than the other too.
Just they didn’t do the fine milgrain and the tab prongs so they will add that.
I think with DK and CVB I will get the same look of CAD image too.
This is the drawing I got from CVB on Tuesday, she’s on holiday vacation from last Saturday until today or tomorrow.
Her drawing look very similar to the CAD image from B2C.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9615754E-0602-49E2-8504-14B65C14FA45.jpeg
I love the CAD image from B2C and they can get it done faster than the other too.
Just they didn’t do the fine milgrain and the tab prongs so they will add that.
I think with DK and CVB I will get the same look of CAD image too.
This is the drawing I got from CVB on Tuesday, she’s on holiday vacation from last Saturday until today or tomorrow.
Her drawing look very similar to the CAD image from B2C.

I have two rings by CVB, and she has made me many other peices that I've sold over the years. Her work (at least my pieces were) is exquisite. I also have no doubts that DK (from what I've seen here) can make that ring with no problem. I am to familiar with BC2, that's why I would wait for Cads from the other two before I made my decision. Do they charge a fee for cads?

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have two rings by CVB, and she has made me many other peices that I've sold over the years. Her work (at least my pieces were) is exquisite. I also have no doubts that DK (from what I've seen here) can make that ring with no problem. I am to familiar with BC2, that's why I would wait for Cads from the other two before I made my decision. Do they charge a fee for cads?
@soxfan
With B2C I had to paid $200 to order CAD image and if cancel with them the money is not refundable but if go with them the $200 will go toward to the cost of the setting.
With CVB after I approve the drawing I will require to put 50% downpayment in order to get the CAD image.
With DK I’m not sure, still waiting for the answer about that.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@soxfan
With B2C had to paid $200 to order CAD and if cancel with them the money is not refundable but if go with them the $200 will go toward to the cost of the setting.
With CVB after I approve the drawing I will require to put 50% downpayment in order to get the CAD image.
With DK I’m not sure, still waiting for the answer about that.

I'd just go with B2C then, since you already paid.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'd just go with B2C then, since you already paid.

I don’t mind to spent the $200 and losing it if not go with them but do you think is worth to go with CVB or DK?
With CVB the quote is 60% more the setting cost compared to B2C.
With DK it’s 30% more for the setting cost compared to B2C.
If the quality is much better I don’t mind to pay more.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t think DK will charge you for the CAD. I might consider paying more for DK about I don’t think I’d pay a 60% premium for Caysie. Since you’ve already put a deposit down it’s be easy to stick with b2c.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don’t think DK will charge you for the CAD. I might consider paying more for DK about I don’t think I’d pay a 60% premium for Caysie. Since you’ve already put a deposit down it’s be easy to stick with b2c.
I’m still waiting from DK right now and will update again.

As for now I just received another CAD image from B2C, they added the milgrain and changed the prongs style.

Last edited:

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Newest update for the setting...
First picture is the first CAD image without milgrain and with round prongs.
Second picture got the milgrain and tab prongs.

B5962736-C66A-4A4F-9269-26EB7719FA76.jpeg EEE35185-9770-4C1F-97D3-3A48B165F9A3.jpeg

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @SimoneDi !

Can you post some side views of your inspiration rings and what you do and don't like about them? I'm see a lot of metal from the side. and I'm not sure if you like that look.

Do you want all 4 round bezel stones to be the same size? I like the rectangular stone in your 3rd picture. In that picture, the round stones above the shank are bigger than the other two. That little change will help make the petal/leaves more upright/vertical. Right now they look rather more flattish. What is the look you want?

Having 4 stones in these petals is odd looking to me. I always think in odd numbers. If you make this 5 melee and graduate them, that could make these petals have more movement as the middle would be wider (behind the prong) than the ends. It makes that taper more logical and deliberate.

upload_2018-6-22_17-26-48.png

Do you want the petals to open and arc down like this so the diamonds are really visible from the sides?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkQ1k9Allwb/?hl=en&taken-by=davidklassjewelry

Or like this?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkOX_LAFdRb/?hl=en&taken-by=davidklassjewelry

If you will wear this ring with others (e.g., wedding band), you might want to reduce the extra-meals petals and donuts.

upload_2018-6-22_17-37-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-22_17-36-12.png
    upload_2018-6-22_17-36-12.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 18

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rockysalamander thanks so much for these awesome ideas! This ring design is for @-Asscher- and I am sure that she will have her preferences. I really like the idea of slimming the gallery down to accommodate for a band and the suggestion of adding 5 graduating stones as part of the petals. That would elongate them slightly and compliment better the stone I think..

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
D0719858-AE3B-44D2-8BF3-9953933B8CDC.jpeg 56CFCE9A-D934-44A8-83FC-3863BFBABE0D.jpeg 57556A39-409C-401E-8446-18FA76389A9A.jpeg 54490C8C-4E19-414B-B6EB-ACD1208D49E9.jpeg
@rockysalamander thanks so much for these awesome ideas! This ring design is for @-Asscher- and I am sure that she will have her preferences. I really like the idea of slimming the gallery down to accommodate for a band and the suggestion of adding 5 graduating stones as part of the petals. That would elongate them slightly and compliment better the stone I think..

@rockysalamander,
That is great ideas! Thank you.
I totally agree with you and @SimoneDi .
I told them to fix all that and hopefully they’ll get it.
Need to wait and see!
These are the pictures idea I gave them and I really want them to make similar as possible for the top look.
I know the final look will not the same because my stone is different shape.
Any other detail do I need to add more to fix?
Or suggestion for me?

This is my first to do custom order, it’s been a challenge also so exited!!!

Last edited:

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I want the top view is more flat and on the side are more lower.

C1CC625C-C957-415E-8436-623BFDA77D6A.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just throwing in my 2c.
Have you looked at videos/pics of finished rings in close to the same style as you've chosen from the three jewelers you've got to pick from? I would be sure to do that instead of just staying with the first jeweler to get a cad back with you. Is there a b2c ring thread knocking around PS somewhere?- I don't know. I also wouldn't feel right not paying for cads to someone if I was shopping around this way.
And if it were me- I'd keep in mind the ratio of metal design to center stone in the top view of the inspiration ring to be the same ratio of what you see with your shape/size stone. You've mentioned how it looks different and you know it's due to the center stone shape- but I'm wondering in b2c's cad if it's not the higher ratio of metal to center stone that I seem to notice.
Your stone is pretty and your inspiration setting is a lovely match - keep us updated!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results