shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought the dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Hey girls, sorry no time long see...I FINALLY just got internet working again in our apartment after something of an odessy.

So anyway, I went back to the States last week to take care of financial business and visit FI...and we totally unexpectedly bought The Dress. I work on Newbury St in Boston when I''m home, and I popped in the uber-fancy bridal boutique next door to look at the pretty dresses I can''t afford. And it turns out those pretty dresses have a sample rack, and that that sample rack is a goooood deal.
I still wasn''t planning on buying anything until the saleswoman talked me into trying this dress that looked horrific on the rack (seriously, bad enough that I had called FI and specifically mentioned how un-fashionable it looked. Well, I tried it and it looks WONDERFUL.
Plus, since others evidently also thought it looked bad on a hangar, it''s barely been tried on and is in excellent condition. It needs to be taken in through the bodice, but we had them write the alterations into the contract. All in all, we paid 500 for it, which I think is a solid deal for a B&M boutique. (I decided I didn''t want to buy off the internet)

So without further ado, it''s Watters and Watters 3064b, floor length, no train.
No pics of me in it, sorry.

I''m not sure about getting it dry cleaned...there is a tiny bit of greyness around the bodice line from it being tried on, but that''s about it. Right now we just have it hanging in a garment bag in the closet.

In other news, anyone who remembers me might remember I''m mildly obsessed with making the cake for this thing--plans proceeding nicely, made 5 cakes while visiting the States and now the people at FI''s work LOVE me since I sent them all with him so I would eat something besdies cake all day! Buttercream is wonderful, but it''s a little tricky to get that perfect smooth finish. Getting there though. I still cannot *believe* how much butter is in these suckers. Cardiac bypass, here I come!

ag_1.JPG

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, how GORGEOUS!!!! I love love love that you though it looked icky on the rack and then you LOVED it!!! That''s gonna make a fantastic story :) :)

Huge congrats on your beautiful gown!!!

And cool that you''re DIY-ing cake things!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It''s so unique -- the first word that came to mind is "fresh" (as in refreshing, that is!).

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I think it looks "fresh," as well--it works with our general "theme" --I don''t know if any of you read Martha Stewart weddings but last summer''s issue had a "Let''s Have A Picnic" feature...it''s that sort of idea, backyard retro.

After we bought it the boutique owner said "Well, you are certainly the *youngest* couple ever to have the LElite experiance..... They were very sweet all considered, given as their average customer spends a great deal more money than we did, but that last comment was funny
2.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t realize you were having a garden wedding. With a hem of flowers in full bloom and no train, this dress is perfect. And for that price, I have to think that someone is watching over you!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful and perfect for the wedding you''re having. What is the detailing on the bottom made from?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
yay, so exciting! the dress looks lovely and sounds perfect for your wedding. congrats
36.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous!
and good for you for being open minded and giving it a try when you didn''t think you''d like it- it paid off.

I love the bottom, and the lines of the dress are so clean,
sounds perfect for your wedding,
Congrats

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

EBreee: the flowers are silk organze, same material as the rest of the dress, but they have these french knots in the centers which are I think some sort of light beige beading...

I'm so happy not to have a train, it just felt alkward to walk around in and I was worried about it getting dirty, torn, etc.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s SO pretty! Ultra feminine and a little Gone with the Wind at the hem... but in a good way. I can''t wait to see pics of you in it!

And SUCH a great deal! YAY!

Oh.. I got my sample cleaned... I paid 150 for it at a UBER elclusive place and it did an amazing job on it.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm...Ebree, did you have it cleaned before or after the alterations? I was considering just waiting until after, in case it gets dirty while being altered. I would be more anxious about the time aspect, but realistically any stains on the dress are pretty old and probably already set...

Hee, I hadn't thought about the GWTW aspect! In real life, my middle name is Scarlett, and my first name also referrs to the movie/book. Plus, I grew up in Alabama.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats - it''s so pretty!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really pretty - well done!!!!
36.gif

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
In other news, anyone who remembers me might remember I''m mildly obsessed with making the cake for this thing--plans proceeding nicely, made 5 cakes while visiting the States and now the people at FI''s work LOVE me since I sent them all with him so I would eat something besdies cake all day! Buttercream is wonderful, but it''s a little tricky to get that perfect smooth finish. Getting there though. I still cannot *believe* how much butter is in these suckers. Cardiac bypass, here I come!

First off - congrats on your dress - I think it looks sweet!!!
I too had always wanted to do my own wedding cake, but strm''s sister is determined she is buying ours and strm thinks that once I get down there, there will be too much to do without taking a couple of days to make our wedding cake. My mom make wedding caked while I was growing up, and she had one of the best wedding cake recipes, and would you believe...it was made with Duncan Hines Cake Mix and Pudding...and if you wanted to make the grooms cake chocolate - all she had to do was use Chocolate Cake Mix and Chocolate pudding powder.... Very simple and was just the right texture for cutting. So all the best on your endeavor :}

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding the dress! It looks lovely, I can''t wait to see it on you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results