shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought THE dress. Help me accessorize, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I bought my dress this weekend. I went with the Blue by Enzoani "Brazil." It had everything I wanted: lace, beading, mermaid silhouette. Now I need to accessorize!

They measured me "hollow to hem" in 3 1/2" heels so I''m pretty much locked into that heel height. I''m about 5''5" and FI is 5''9" so I''ll still be just a smidge shorter than him. I''m fine walking in heels (I probably just jinxed myself and now I''m going to fall flat on my arse walking down the aisle!). My colors are purple and gunmetal grey. I''m not opposed to a colored shoe, but I think I envision a classic white (or ivory, like my dress). I want something with some sass but not anything TOO trendy.

Jewelry? Not a clue what I plan to do. I should probably tone it down since the dress is pretty sparkly on it''s own. Would pearls work? FI just bought me the sterling silver "aquamarines by the yard" bezel earrings from T&Co. I may wear those, but I feel like I should do something more than just studs.

So anyway, gimme your suggestions! I need shoes, hairpiece (to veil or not to veil), jewelry, purse. Budget? Well, let''s not go overboard. I can see myself spending up to $300 on shoes. As for jewelry, if I can wear it again (and often), I''m willing to make a small investment. Am I being vague enough? haha.

I''ll attach some pictures of the dress for anyone who needs a re-fresher!

brazilpicforps1.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another pic of the dress

brazilpicforps2.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh so glad you picked that one - it was my favorite!!!! I''ll have to start looking for accessories :)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
And a detail shot. This thing REALLY sparkles in person. I wasn''t wearing my super-sucker girdle in this pic so ignore my little belly.
37.gif

brazilpicforps3.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll see if I can attach a pic of the little studs FI bought me a couple weeks ago. I love them but they''re REALLY dainty. Not sure they''d make enough of an impact.

aquatandcoearringsforps.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 9:24:02 PM
Author: violet3
Oh so glad you picked that one - it was my favorite!!!! I''ll have to start looking for accessories :)

Oh thank you so much violet3 I kept day dreaming about this one. Plus, I showed FI a bunch of pics of me in dresses I had tried on and this was his favorite too! Even though he at the beginning he didn''t like lace OR beading. Bwahahaha.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My FI didn''t like beaded lace either :)

I think the little studs are adoreable, but too small for the big day - while I don''t think you need a necklace, I do believe you''ll need an earring with some presence to it. how will you do your hair?

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Oh for jewelllry you should totally invest in a pear diamond drop neclace.
31.gif

Don''t ask me why i thought of a pear, though. The shape seems like it would go really well with your fabulous dress!!! I think this dress was my pick as well.

And what belly?
2.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I think I'm doing my hair half-up/half-down. With big, loose curls. Here's a picture of my hair from my BFF's wedding this summer. I'm thinking of doing something similar to this, but maybe adding some extensions so it looks a little fuller at the ends.

ETA: sorry for the gigantic picture!

possiblehairpicforps.jpg

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I would put simple diamond studs or pearl studs with it and a short veil Link .

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
TG-
I bought these earrings, and my dress has a very similar style to yours. They look AMAZING!!!!!!!!! They're not too much, but just enough oomph!
I've attached a picture, albeit small, of me with the earrings on in my dress, veil and tiara so you can get a good look at their size in comparison to everything else. Forgive the scratched out face; FI knows I post here
9.gif

Cindy, we were thinking alike. I IMMEDIATELY thought pear earrings, lol!
And that dress looks INCREDIBLE on you!!!!!!!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Forgot the pic lol!

tiaraveiletc.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I will get on a shoe search....what color purple???? I think a purple shoe would look awesome!!!!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I have no advice on accessories but that dress fits you like a glove. I love all the detailing. You look great.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
maybe a mini-tiara for that hair-do? check-out Bel Aire Bridal for ideas.

i just have to say... i adore your gown! it''s looks elegant on you!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you want to do bigger earrings? I could see you going one of 3 ways with the dress:

1. small stud earrings (do you have a second hole?) The Tiffs could work for this (I''m wearing them as my something borrowed! But probably in my second hole) or maybe some diamond studs? And a larger necklace

2. big earrings, no necklace

3. moderate earrings and moderate necklace.

As for shoes...I''ll look later. But I''m having this huge debate with what jewelry to wear myself...

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to jump in and say I LOVE THIS DRESS ON YOU!! Wish I had some accessory advice, but hopefully someone else posts something you''re looking for!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Va va voom, Travel Goddess - now THAT is how you do a trumpet-ey (fit and flare, etc.) wedding gown! It looks perfect on you, and suits your figure to a tee!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
for me, personally, i would go with a larger drop earring (love the earring PP posted), no necklace, and maybe a birdcage veil.

what''s your normal jewelry style??

btw, so glad you picked that dress---it''s to-die-for on you!!!

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress! My first though when I was moving down was "omg she''s beautiful."
1.gif

You''re going to look great no matter what, but I agree with the big earrings/no necklace idea. The dress is pretty and very glam, so a necklace might compete.

I don''t know why, and I could be way off, but I think you would look really beautiful in a fancy veil that has a little bit of puffiness. But I am a big fan of birdcage veils also.

It might be nice to see you in some?

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Also, I love your kitty in your avatar! I have two tuxedo kitties at home.

Kiley

Rough_Rock
Looks beautiful on you! It is beautiful! I''m a pearls girl, so I vote pearl earrings with no necklace ... maybe a diamond solitaire pendant, too.
41.gif

dcdiamonds

Rough_Rock
You look amazing! That dress fits you like a dream! I''d keep the accessories simple with a wow dress like that.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to say what a gorgeous dress!!! Wow you look amazing!!
As for accessories, I''d just wear simple studs ... no necklace even, let the dress do the talking :)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 1:01:43 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Do you want to do bigger earrings? I could see you going one of 3 ways with the dress:

1. small stud earrings (do you have a second hole?) The Tiffs could work for this (I''m wearing them as my something borrowed! But probably in my second hole) or maybe some diamond studs? And a larger necklace

2. big earrings, no necklace

3. moderate earrings and moderate necklace.

As for shoes...I''ll look later. But I''m having this huge debate with what jewelry to wear myself...
I do have my ears double pierced. I shoved the T&Co studs in the 2nd holes today to see if they hadn''t closed up. I like the way they look in the 2nd holes, so I think I might be leaning towards moderate to big earrings in the 1st holes, the tiny studs in the 2nd holes and POSSIBLY a necklace.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 8:26:57 AM
Author: princessplease
I will get on a shoe search....what color purple???? I think a purple shoe would look awesome!!!!!!
I''m going with a plum/eggplant purple. Dark jewel tone. The Manolo jeweled purple d''orsays are PERFECT just way out of budget.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 4:50:41 PM
Author: cushionladyESQ
You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress! My first though when I was moving down was ''omg she''s beautiful.''
1.gif

You''re going to look great no matter what, but I agree with the big earrings/no necklace idea. The dress is pretty and very glam, so a necklace might compete.

I don''t know why, and I could be way off, but I think you would look really beautiful in a fancy veil that has a little bit of puffiness. But I am a big fan of birdcage veils also.

It might be nice to see you in some?

Thanks! I''m starting to lean towards the big earrings/no necklace idea too. If I put my hair up, I''d like to do a low, loose updo like cocolaw''s. I''m also a fan of the birdcage veil, but I feel kind of phony wearing one. I feel like birdcage veils go with red lipstick and try as I might, I feel like I''m the kind of gal that can''t pull of ruby red lips.
41.gif

(And my cat, Pablo Picatsso, says thanks for noticing his handsome face!)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
cindygenit, exoticisabella, oddoneout, cleokizzy, Winslet, LaurenThePartier, lulu66, Kiley, dcdiamonds and EyeElle thanks so much for the compliments! I''m ordering it in the same size I''m wearing in the picture (size 8). When they took my measurements, they said I should actually buy a size 6, but I had to hold my breath in the sample dress so there''s NO WAY they''d even be able to zip up a size 6. I''m going to try to lose about 15-20 lbs before the wedding, but I''ve always had a curvier figure no matter what my weight, so I think it will look alright no matter how much weight I can drop.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ll see what I can find. I have a shoe in mind in that color already, actually
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Here are a ton I found. I LOVE a good shoe search!
9.gif

Nina Electra- These are SUCH lovely shoes, with a pretty high heel!!!! Linky

Nina Kyleen- A lower heel Linky

Nina Elke- These are GORGEOUS!! A little blingy Linky

Stuart Weitzman Gigi- A lower heel Linky

Stuart Weitzman Peepers- These may not be your style, but they are incredibly gorgeous in person. The heel is TDF! The purple is SO rich!!!! I ADORE this shoe so much! Linky

RSVP Lauren- Closed toed, but very pretty! The ruffle is so pretty. Link

Martinez Valero Corrine- A little funky, but very summery and pretty Linky

Me Too Jeanette- A lower heel Link

Kate Spade Krista- VERY pretty! The flower bow is so pretty! Link

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results