shape
carat
color
clarity

I Bought My Veil!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I seem to have a habit here--I go out, try some things on, feel "meh" about them, post them on PS for feedback, and then go out and fall head over heels in love with something and buy it on the spot.

I did it again.

I posted the first two veils I liked here and got mixed reviews. So I went back to my bridal shop and found as funky a veil as you can get with white tulle and French netting.

I LOVE IT! It has several different layers and I love the mix of French netting and tulle. The top layer looks a bit wonky because it needs to be steamed so it won''t stick up that high.

Here''s the first shot, from the front:

IMG_3740.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can see the French netting a bit in this shot. Ha--I just realized how it looks like the Chief''s profile here with that top layer standing up! Maybe I love it because I''m an Illini! (No, it will not look like a Native American headdress on the wedding day, I promise.)

HavensveilChief.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
And one more shot. It doesn''t look as funky in the pics as it did to me in real life, it''s all uneven and kind of in disarray, I really love the look.

IMG_3756.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh. I should say I'm wearing the sample dress which is a size too small, that's why it looks so darn tight!

ETA: I just saw the designer's name on the receipt, it's Toni Federici. Here's my veil on the designer's website, so cool!

Okay, thanks for looking!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
You're so cute Haven! I love seeing pictures of all of you in wedding gowns...makes me want to get married even more...THANKS!!!
14.gif

LOL seriously though, I love your veil and the dress
30.gif
. You are going to be stunning on THE DAY...of that I have no doubt.
2.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
You are stunning!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
What ''length'' is that veil? Is there a blusher? I love it!!

I think I want a veil like that for my dress!

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
Ooh! Your veil is beautiful- totally goes with your dress.

Veil confession- I wore mine ALL the time before our wedding- ironing, vaccuming, just around the house- I LURVED it and I was not ashamed. Yay for veils!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
you can totally rock that!
love it!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, ladies! I can't get over how excited I am about this veil, it's very strange. I feel like it's the item that makes me oh-so-very much a bride.

I just realized I've been calling the Russian net "French netting", just wanted to correct that.

Bia & Choro--You are so sweet! Thank you!

Violet--I don't think there's a blusher, no. I have no idea what the length is, but I do know there are three different lengths at least. If you like it check out the designer's website, there are some pretty cool veils on it. www.headpieces.com (The model on the front page totally looks like Mandarine!)

SarFar--You are so funny! I love it, I can picture you ironing in your veil, hilarious! I have to admit that I have one of those $5 veils from Hobby Lobby and I have worn that around the house once or twice on a lazy Sunday. Thanks for saying it goes with the dress, I was a bit worried because to me every veil looks like it goes with every dress, so I apparently have no radar for that.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jcrow! I hope so!

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
Hi Haven! Just wanted to say you look beautiful and I love that veil! I actually went to a Toni Federici trunk show at the salon where I bought my dress and fell in love with a veil there too. Only problem? $750!
23.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
LURVEEEE IT HAVEN!!!

sooooo fantastic!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks v!v!!

I had never heard of Toni Federici until I bought the veil today, but her (his?) designs are really beautiful. And yeah, I''ll admit it, I spent $495 on the veil.

"Hi, my name is Haven, and I bought an outrageously expensive wedding veil."
Your turn: "Hi, Haven."

I just spoke with my mother who said we just need to make sure my three younger sisters all wear it, and then it won''t be so bad! Ha. Knowing us, NOT ONE of them will want anything remotely near what I wore or chose for any aspect of the wedding. Honestly.

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
i hadn't heard of toni federici either until the salon called and asked me if i wanted to check it out. i found a beautiful broach and veil and the total cost was $1250. i got so caught up that i almost whipped out my credit card before my mom told me i might want to check out some other stuff before i committed to it. hehe... honestly though, i think your veil is worth its price. it looks marvelous!
36.gif

ETA: your post made me laugh too.
9.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i am usually pretty ambivalent towards veils, but i LOVE that one! and they are right, you totally rock it! i''m glad you found one you love so much!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Love it!
36.gif
36.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 5:09:13 PM
Author: Haven
Thanks so much, ladies! I can''t get over how excited I am about this veil, it''s very strange. I feel like it''s the item that makes me oh-so-very much a bride.

I just realized I''ve been calling the Russian net ''French netting'', just wanted to correct that.

Bia & Choro--You are so sweet! Thank you!

Violet--I don''t think there''s a blusher, no. I have no idea what the length is, but I do know there are three different lengths at least. If you like it check out the designer''s website, there are some pretty cool veils on it. www.headpieces.com (The model on the front page totally looks like Mandarine!)

SarFar--You are so funny! I love it, I can picture you ironing in your veil, hilarious! I have to admit that I have one of those $5 veils from Hobby Lobby and I have worn that around the house once or twice on a lazy Sunday. Thanks for saying it goes with the dress, I was a bit worried because to me every veil looks like it goes with every dress, so I apparently have no radar for that.
Did you buy yours at a trunk show?

There''s one coming up here in August, is that too late to buy a veil for an October wedding??

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks iwanna, mimzy, and Sarah! (Mimzy--every time I see you on here I say "Mimz!" out loud because I just adore your name. Weird, I know, but it''s the cutest name ever.)

v!v!--I wish your mom was with me to help me keep my cc in my wallet! I was alone, that''s how this happened! I don''t regret it, though.

Violet--I didn''t buy it at a trunk show. My wedding is five weeks from tomorrow so my guess is that August won''t be too late. I''d call the salon and ask them what they think. My salon thinks the veil will be in by June 19th which is my next fitting date.

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
I''m pretty sure my veil was in the neighborhood of $100-200- so Hi SarFar! I''ll join you at Veils Anonymous...we can all wear blushers to hide our true identities.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Haven that veil is fabulous! You look so fantastic in the whole getup - and that sample dress does not look too small. Really seriously truly, I HEART your veil. Perfect choice.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
As always, Haven, you look just lovely! You''re going to be a stunning bride!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful with your dress :) you will definitely be a picture perfect bride :D

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I love it. It is so fun, and go SO GREAT with your dress. Ouch on the price, but it''s absolutely perfect.

I''ve been wearing mine around the house a little too....as much as I wanted to wear a birdcage, I''m so happy I went with the veil I chose because it''s so perfect for me, just like yours is absolutely perfect for you.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I love it - I think its totally "you" and totally goes with your dress...which you look awesome in BTW
36.gif
9.gif

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Haven - I love that veil! Looks perfect on you with that gorgeous dress! ;-)

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!

And seeing your pics always makes me smile, because you look so genuinely thrilled with everything. I can only imagine how happy you will look on your wedding day!
5.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 5:19:27 PM
Author: Haven
''Hi, my name is Haven, and I bought an outrageously expensive wedding veil.''

Your turn: ''Hi, Haven.''
LOL! Have I told you recently how much I love you, Haven? You are so funny and so gosh darn cute!
hug.gif

The veil is FABULOUS. It is so you and I LOVE that you have gone with your gut to get something that is exactly what you want!
36.gif

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Replies: Hi Haven!

LOL! You''re gorgeous! That veil is lovely too. I''m not a veil girl, but that''s so modern and spunky that I love it!

Are you going to wear it all night?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh you gals make me feel so darn good every time I log on to PS! Thank you!

I wish I had more time to respond but I have about 20 minutes to get ready for the SATC premiere and I''m a mess because WE MOVED IN TO OUR NEW HOUSE TODAY! Well, we started to move in, anyway. I love it.

ANYWAY, thank you so much for all of your wonderful responses! I love my veil more each time I look at the pictures. I''m sure I''m going to prance around the house in it when it finally comes in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results