shape
carat
color
clarity

I BOUGHT MY GOWN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS, Gypsy!
It''s always so exciting when you find "the one"

And I like the first hair idea (but yeah, less frizzy)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t make Tachi''s link work... but Flopkin''s dress is gorgeous... and yes! It is very much like a Rivini... like the merlot or this one, the shiraz. Totally. Would love to see Tachi''s.
theonefront_cop.gif
ShirazFull.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice, Gypsy! I love the gown and can''t wait to see it on you in pics. Good luck with your accessory hunting!
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahh. I see-- It''s a beautiful gown. I love the simplicity. Wonder what they did for jewelry and such. Hmmm. Inquiring minds want to know.

Accessory hunting. BLECH! I''m going to procrastinate that as long as possible. Stilll working out budget details. Apparently my miserly budget of $150 for invites isn''t completely unrealistic. But of course, now I''m wondering how much I''d save DIY. And if I want the hassle. I only need about 40 invites though... so I''m thinking it might be worth it to investigate DIY. I can do carson craft basic white pattern for 130 with everything included though... so it might not be worth the hassle of DIY. Will have to ask Tacori about that.

The gown was a splurge. It was at budget... but the budget itself was a bit of a splurge. But well... this one was a deal for the quality/ design and like I said. I dreamed about it. I''m not going to go overboard with the rest of the outfit. If I can borrow jewelry I will, and a rose in the hair will be cost effective, lovely and well... stress free.

Any $$ I save will go toward incidentals and flowers. I want kissing balls. But SHHH... don''t tell anyone lol. OH... I KNOW I can do a kissing ball for my BM instead of a hand tie bouquet. Oh I like that.

Can''t do more on the venue/ photographer front till Sept 29th when I go to DC. I plan to have this hold thing wrapped up by Christmas.

Isaku... baguette halo. FI is still planning on it. I''m not. I had to make some decisions when I started planning this and well... my photography budget had to have mass infusions of cash. That came directly from my ring. We aren''t going to have a honeymoon right away as it is... and well... the ring re-set can wait and be an anniversary present as far as I''m concerned. When I started planning it, I wasn''t thinking of us getting married next year. More like the year after. But well. I don''t want to wait to commit any longer. I think I''m finally growing up.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous gown, Gypsy! I love the simple lines, ribbon detailing & classic elegance! Can''t wait to see you in it!
36.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the dress Gypsy!!! Way to go!!!

I think, for 40 invites, you should definitely DIY! If it were a 100, maybe not, but surely you have the time to do that many!
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Brightspot and Sumbride.

Sumbride-- I was at Michael''s today and they have invite kits of fifty each for 30.00-- add a 50% off coupon to that and we''re talking 15 bucks. I could get everything done for under 50 bucks. Which would mean saving $100. Definitely something to consider...

Although FI is just of the opinion that we should order them.

I did find these and they are within budget and I like them. So we''ll see. We decided against Save the Dates. Don''t really want people too. LMAO. The less people that come the better. Isn''t that terrible? I''m chucking though cause I mean it!

http://www.invitationlane.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TJ1857-114

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Those are good, but I think you can make them for less...

I think you''re fine without save the dates... as long as the important people know ahead of time, you should be ok. I''ve been to many weddings where they didn''t send them. We''ll have to because our wedding is on a holiday weekend out of town.... it''s almost required!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh Gypsy, I missed this thread when you posted it... this must have been a good week for dress-decisions!!! The dress is simple and elegant and BEAUTIFUL... all my favorite qualities!! Are you absoutely thrilled?? Can't wait to see pix of it on!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, your dress is to die for. I really, really, love it, and I''m sure I would love it even more if I knew you outside PS, lol! It is a very sophisticated and timeless look, as you stated above.

I love the hair ornaments you posted. I also LOVE the idea of you wearing your grandmother''s turquoise....it would be so "unique" and "different" and I would think, more of a conversation-starter years from now when you are looking at your wedding pics with friends/whoever. Also at your wedding...it could double as your "something borrowed," and "something blue." Love it. Ok, I''m done trying to persuade you here, hee hee.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you both!

Ephemery-- I am thrilled. It''s funy I was looking at your gown, which is stunning period but most especially on you. And for the first time I wasn''t thinking "Maybe THAT''S the right gown for me???" I was just genuinely happy for you without feeling stressed about me. Which is how I KNOW this is the right gown for me. I had a few bad moments with the whole internet, non-ebay purchase thing but this dress is so perfect! It is THE gown.

]
Monarch-- one of my closest friends said, "It''s PERFECT!" when she saw the pics... and she''s the one who got dragged to bridal shops (even stuck her in a Jim Hjelm sample I couldn''t fit into). The Turquoise would be nice-- but it''s a very stately piece. Big pear shaped turqouise surrounded by lots of diamonds. I''m going to see how it looks with the gown, of course however as I love it. But I have no idea if they will work together. I will mentally record the vote!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My gown got here today and it is GORGEOUS! Now I just need to lose a little weight and it will fit perfectly.

Will post pics when I can. But if anyone is interested in a Glenn and Company sample... I highly recommend. I got it cleaned by them too. Perfect. Just BEAUTIFUL!! YAY!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is SOOO pretty gypsy! Congrats. I had kissing balls lining our aisle and loved them. They are so much fun!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOH Gypsy...

It is beautiful... I absolutely adore Rivini gowns... hehe.. My gown is the Rivini Malibu...

I too bought a sample from a dress shop in Boca Raton, FL.. and I cant say enough about them. Here''s a little lookey:

Hope you like it... congrats on finding your dress its just divine!... when is the wedding?

My Rivini 1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori, I''m really happy with my gown. I can''t wait to wear it on the ''big day''! I love kissing balls.

ocbride2007--I''m going to have to get a pair of those. I wish they had a necklace replica! Thanks for that. When I tried the gown on yesterday my first thought about jewelry was color. So I really think my grandmother''s turqouise necklace is a front runner. Blue and borrowed!

Jaders-- The malibu is STUNNING. It honestly would have been a tie if I''d had to pick between mine and the malibu. Congrats on your Rivini! What was the name of the shop you bought from?

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy -

I got it from Boca Raton Bridals... I got it in August. And get this... the owner told me on Monday that she could have KILLED her partner for selling it off the rack as it was a BRAND SPANKING NEW sample... yay!!!!
36.gif

It was double my budget AFTER the discount... (I am sooo bad), but I put it on and had that "moment" It was so surreal... and as silly as this sounds.. it was almost like an out of body experience.. it was just perfect.. I knew it was the one... I figured I can serve chicken and steak instead of fish at my reception to cover the difference! hehe...

Its antique white.. and I just got my veil (well my mom just picked it up!)... fingertip length with organza illusion edge in diamond white... its a beaut!!!! I cant wait to put it on.. and run around my house.. Like Robbie! hehe

I''m a Rivini Lover... it just feels sooo right!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A brand new sample! That's incredible. Mine isn't. If you know where to look there is some wear (one small discoloration on the bottom front about the size of a pea, and cluster of small pulls about the size of a quarter in the train-- all disclosed) they are both at the bottom of the gown but from more than two feet away you can't see a thing. So I figure that unless someone REALLY gets close to my ankles I'm fine. Two of the button loops in the back need replacing too. But that's it. It was AT budget for me and cost about the same than a new Paloma Blanca (my second choice) would have at Pearls Place. I'm very pleased.

As for when the wedding is... lol. I'm avoiding wedding planning, setting planning and just about everything other than my new job and our impending cross country move right now. Between the hours I'm working, my commute, family demands, apartment shopping, calling movers for qoutes, figuring out the best way to get three cats from NJ to CA with the least amount of stress... I'm tapped out.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

That is so beautiful!!!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Gypsy.. you must be tapped out...

And no.. you shouldnt have anyone that close to your ankles... so I think you are fine!

I sympathize with you for being stretched so thin!!! I am living in another country trying to plan this wedding! It is definitely an art... I''ve become a master at planning and organizing.. when I went to search for a dress.. I had 3 days... and I made 6 appts at 6 different bridal salons...fortunately.. I was able to call it quits after my 4th store!!!
Let me tell you though.. if you need to be organized.. I am your girl... binders and calendars.. they are my specialty... everyone laughs hysterically at me.. but you know what.. its gonna get done.. and its going to be beautiful.

Glad you have your dress.. even if you dont have any other particulars.. that will at least make it more REAL!

Good luck on the move.. that is a big one!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have particulars. A photographer. A baker and a cake already picked and tasted. A florist. A gown. Invitations chosen. Shoes, cake cutting set... BM gown picked. Color scheme, flower arrangements chosen.... Even a list of three caterers someone''s got to find the time to and do tastings with (hysterical laughter)... but I don''t have a venue (although there is one I am hoping will work) and I don''t have a date because the way I feel now the JOP is looking GREAT. Oh..and the wedding is in DC and I''m in CA.

I think it''s great you are so organized though... ignore the laughter... it''s your wedding, your planning and whatever works for you to make it bearable is great. Planning a longs distance wedding is a PITA isn''t it? Thank you for the offer of help honey!

Kimberly-- THANK YOU... I really love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results