shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought my dress...Vera Wang!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been so absent as of late, we've been moving. But I had to update you guys. I went to a Vera Wang salon today and I bought my dress! It's a sample (about half the store was samples on sale 30% off). So, I got to bring it home with me. Wasn't planning on that, but hey, why not! I was lucky that they carried some smaller samples, but it's still a size too big, though I'm sure alterations will take care of that (at least I hope, I'm a little worried about it). It had straps too, but I tucked them in. It's a silk taffeta with an organza overlay on the bottom flare part. So, anyway...here ya go: My Dress!!! (I'm so excited!)

KVS_The_Dress_Online_Front.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one without flash to show the details better:

KVS_The_Dress_Online_Front_No_Flash.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And the side view:

KVS_The_Dress_Online_Side.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And the back:

KVS_The_Dress_Back.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!! Vera Wang sure knows what she''s doing, doesn''t she?! How fabulous you got it on sale as well. Please come back and show us post alteration pics.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow! gorgeous! you have the PERFECT figure for this dress! it looks fabulous on you.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
va va voom!!!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Facet, that dress look like it was *made* for you -- it''s just perfect and you look gorgeous in it!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous- I love the neckline!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ditto on the perfect figure! you look HOT! but elegant at the same time!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SO much everyone! I am so excited! I was kinda at that point where dress shopping was no longer fun...but I just hadn''t found a dress that I didn''t want to change in at least 3 or 4 places. It feels so nice to be done! And your kind words really help...I have to admit that I was nervous over such a large purchase and choosing the *right* dress.

BTW, here''s the dress from the Vera Wang website: I don''t like the straps on her at all (actually, maybe it''s just her...she is disgustingly thin...eww!)

MyDressOnVeraWangWebsite.JPG

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that dress is beautiful! It looks a thousand times better on you than on the model, on her it''s all washed out, dingy and floppy. I''m sure some simple alterations will make your dress fit perfectly, I had mine taken in a size and it all went fine. I do like the neckline with the straps, just because it''s a little different, but in your pics I couldn''t even tell there were supposed to be straps. What a cool dress. Congratulations!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I love it...simply gorgeous! Mine was also a Vera Wang sample - I still need to get pics of me in though.
5.gif
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

Blushing - we need pics! Which one is it on the website?

AND, this is another pic, specifically for the PS folk...see my new earring? Hehe.
36.gif

Dress_Earring_Bling.JPG

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
No - I don''t think it''s from 2007, but my friend that works there is finding out for me. All the dresses I liked there were mermaid, trumpet and modified A-line (which is what mine is) so you and I have the same taste!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i think you''re right. no straps is the way to go!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Actually the one that I originally had my heart set on, was a strapless scoop-neck mermaid with draped bustline, raffia sash and eyelet skirt. Did that have that one on sale where you live or did you happen to try it on??? I LOVED it!
30.gif
30.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT''S a fabulous gown!
36.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Ditto to what Dee*Jay said- that dress looks like it was made for you! You have the perfect figure to pull off a mermaid style gown! I agree that it looks great on you without the straps...like mercoledi, I couldn''t even tell from your pics that there were supposed to be straps! You look gorgeous!
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!! What a gorgeous dress, it looks amazing on you. Definitely keep it strapless--love it. Congratulations!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 4:54:53 PM
Author: FacetFire
Thanks SO much everyone! I am so excited! I was kinda at that point where dress shopping was no longer fun...but I just hadn''t found a dress that I didn''t want to change in at least 3 or 4 places. It feels so nice to be done! And your kind words really help...I have to admit that I was nervous over such a large purchase and choosing the *right* dress.

BTW, here''s the dress from the Vera Wang website: I don''t like the straps on her at all (actually, maybe it''s just her...she is disgustingly thin...eww!)
She is disgustingly thin LOL!! She has absolutely no breasts to fill out the top half. I think you could go with or without straps, it would look lovely either way. I would take some pictures both ways and look at those instead of in the mirror. It will help you give some perspective of how it really looks in person.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Wow it is FANTASTIC! But YOU make the dress.... you look absolutely stunning in it. And I envy your figure! I bet you looked good in everyting! I think you made a great choice. It''s perfect!
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Facet, I LOVE the dress without straps!! LOVE IT! You are going to look fabulous when it''s fitted to you. I mean, you already look amazing, and it''s clipped! So jealous!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 5:26:07 PM
Author: blushingbride
Actually the one that I originally had my heart set on, was a strapless scoop-neck mermaid with draped bustline, raffia sash and eyelet skirt. Did that have that one on sale where you live or did you happen to try it on??? I LOVED it!
30.gif
30.gif
I did see that one, but it wasn''t part of their sample sale. I almost tried it on...but the eyelet skirt, though GORGEOUS, wasn''t the look I was going for. I loved the sash though!

Thanks again for the kind words and the opinions, everyone! I''m defnitely having the straps removed, though I was surprised that I kinda liked them...I didn''t expect to.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It looks great on you!
36.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
You look hot in the dress. Congrats.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
you look gorgeous!! no straps, please!
9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That dress looks amazing on you!!! i like it better w/o the straps too.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It looks fab on you!!! I also think it looks better without straps...

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Facet you''re sooooo tall and beautiful in that Vera Wang! Great choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results