shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought my dress...Vera Wang!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
looooove the dress. I agree with the straps down

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
THIS IS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It does look better on you than that stick on the runnway....

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Got it - yeah, I thought the eyelets would go well with my August wedding next summer. I''m happy you didn''t see it on sale though or else I would''ve had to come there and buy it!
31.gif
That style looks great on you!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it and I even don''t mind the straps, it gives it an interesting shape in the neck area...maybe a bit more like an evening gown than a wedding dress, but it looks so pretty on you, I think it would look great either way! Congrats...

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I have to admit that I have been nervous over deciding on a dress so quickly. I mean, I''ve been to at least 7 bridal salons and been looking for three months, and then I go into Vera Wang and I just buy one, without my mom seeing it or anyone else?!?! It''s a lot of money and I think the idea that I can''t switch now scares me. I didn''t even sleep well last night because I kept questioning my decision (and thinking about one other dress in particular). So I really appreciate the encouraging comments. I need to stop stressing over this...I''m being stupid.
41.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

Facetfire - I was the SAME way when I bought my Vera Wang at the sample sale. Granted, I wasn't alone (I had my sister and my friend who works for Vera Wang with me), but still I was doubting my decision afterwards. When I was at the sale, and I had it on, everyone (including myself) LOVED it and it definitely was "the one." Then, when I got home and had time to process what a big purchase I just made and how I can't return it, I started to panic. Not to mention, I still had thoughts on the eyelet dress I had tried on at the store (I had thought that was "the one" and pretty much went to the sale just thinking that I would regret not going, but not really banking on finding anything I liked). I literally made myself sick with worry over this dress. So, finally I asked my fiancé to leave so I could try it on again, and I was soooo relieved that I was still in love with it!!

30.gif
36.gif
For me, the dress was an extremely important decision and I was really stressing about it. Anyway, that feeling of second guessing and stressing eventually goes away. You made the right decision - you look stunning!!!
9.gif

BTW - my sister ended up buying a Peter Langner dress at a sample sale during her lunch hour! She was also by herself and didn't really look at too many other dresses before making her decision. I was surprised she bought it so spontaneously especially since we both work in NYC and I figured she'd at least want my opinion. Anyway, the dress was gorgeous and she made a perfect decision!! She ended up looking amazing on her wedding day!
5.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That dress is GORGEOUS on you FF!!! I love it!!! Definitely keep it strapless- it accentuates your figure fabulously!!! And dont''t worry about it anymore- you picked this dress for a reason-- it looks great on you and its just beautiful!! I went throught the same thing with my dress-although I did alot less searching than you did...I went to one salon and my dress was the 6th one I tried on...and I just bought it!! I tossed and turned over making the decision so quickly too, but in the end I just decided I picked it for a reason and that was that!!!

There are a million dresses out there, you can really drive yourself crazy thinking of all of the options and other alternatives....so just try to let it go and enjoy the dress you have!!! YAY for you!!!!
36.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
facetfire

I know what you mean about losing sleep over a dress (the rational me thinks ''as if I am stressing over a dress''! and the bride in me keeps obsessing for months--what''s up with that?!). I too second-guessed my dress. Like you, I bought it without my mom seeing it, and I think this bugged her a bit since that was what she was excited to do. However,I went to many shops and tried many dresses, it was no longer fun and just worrisome, so I took the plunge and bought the gown.

It helps to think that there must be ''something'' very special about the dress you chose, b/c no other gown garnered the ''I must buy'' reaction.

I don''t think you need to worry. You look fab, it was a good price (for vera!), and it is so unique no one will be able to take their eyes off of you on your wedding day!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 9:42:30 AM
Author: FacetFire
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I have to admit that I have been nervous over deciding on a dress so quickly. I mean, I''ve been to at least 7 bridal salons and been looking for three months, and then I go into Vera Wang and I just buy one, without my mom seeing it or anyone else?!?! It''s a lot of money and I think the idea that I can''t switch now scares me. I didn''t even sleep well last night because I kept questioning my decision (and thinking about one other dress in particular). So I really appreciate the encouraging comments. I need to stop stressing over this...I''m being stupid.
41.gif
Facet it is GORGEOUS... unique and contemporary and beautiful and stunning on your figure... perfect!!! I went through the very same buyer''s remorse period when I bought my dress a few months back... I''ve even been avoiding bridal mags in case I see something I like better and freak out!!
31.gif
But ultimately you just have to trust your instinct. I''m sure there are a million more dresses out there that would look beautiful on you... but there is a reason you were inspired to buy this one... I think it''s just meant to be.
1.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
How in the world did you manage to save the pics from Vera Wang''s website? I wanted to save the pics of my wife''s dress but couldn''t figure out how.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 10:29:48 AM
Author: blushingbride

Facetfire - I was the SAME way when I bought my Vera Wang at the sample sale. Granted, I wasn''t alone (I had my sister and my friend who works for Vera Wang with me), but still I was doubting my decision afterwards. When I was at the sale, and I had it on, everyone (including myself) LOVED it and it definitely was ''the one.'' Then, when I got home and had time to process what a big purchase I just made and how I can''t return it, I started to panic. Not to mention, I still had thoughts on the eyelet dress I had tried on at the store (I had thought that was ''the one'' and pretty much went to the sale just thinking that I would regret not going, but not really banking on finding anything I liked). I literally made myself sick with worry over this dress. So, finally I asked my fiancé to leave so I could try it on again, and I was soooo relieved that I was still in love with it!!

30.gif
36.gif
For me, the dress was an extremely important decision and I was really stressing about it. Anyway, that feeling of second guessing and stressing eventually goes away. You made the right decision - you look stunning!!!
9.gif

BTW - my sister ended up buying a Peter Langner dress at a sample sale during her lunch hour! She was also by herself and didn''t really look at too many other dresses before making her decision. I was surprised she bought it so spontaneously especially since we both work in NYC and I figured she''d at least want my opinion. Anyway, the dress was gorgeous and she made a perfect decision!! She ended up looking amazing on her wedding day!
5.gif

We NEED pics of the dress you got!!! I am just sooo curious! Glad you''re still in love with it!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 3:04:11 PM
Author: codex57
How in the world did you manage to save the pics from Vera Wang''s website? I wanted to save the pics of my wife''s dress but couldn''t figure out how.
Get on the website and go to the page you want. Press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. Then go to whatever picture-type program you have...I use the normal "Paint" program under Programs - Accessories. Use "ctrl + V" to paste the image into the program and then crop the image using the program tools. Hope that helps!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 11:05:36 AM
Author: Dani
That dress is GORGEOUS on you FF!!! I love it!!! Definitely keep it strapless- it accentuates your figure fabulously!!! And dont''t worry about it anymore- you picked this dress for a reason-- it looks great on you and its just beautiful!! I went throught the same thing with my dress-although I did alot less searching than you did...I went to one salon and my dress was the 6th one I tried on...and I just bought it!! I tossed and turned over making the decision so quickly too, but in the end I just decided I picked it for a reason and that was that!!!

There are a million dresses out there, you can really drive yourself crazy thinking of all of the options and other alternatives....so just try to let it go and enjoy the dress you have!!! YAY for you!!!!
36.gif
Thanks for the reassurance. I know you''re right, I''m just having trouble...thinking maybe I should have gone for this other one that has a bigger more dramatic flare at the bottom (even though dancing would be harder) or that I should have gotten a dress without all the draping, which kinda adds bulk to the body... Ahhhh...gotta stop!
33.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 11:49:45 AM
Author: Jas12
facetfire

I know what you mean about losing sleep over a dress (the rational me thinks ''as if I am stressing over a dress''! and the bride in me keeps obsessing for months--what''s up with that?!). I too second-guessed my dress. Like you, I bought it without my mom seeing it, and I think this bugged her a bit since that was what she was excited to do. However,I went to many shops and tried many dresses, it was no longer fun and just worrisome, so I took the plunge and bought the gown.

It helps to think that there must be ''something'' very special about the dress you chose, b/c no other gown garnered the ''I must buy'' reaction.

I don''t think you need to worry. You look fab, it was a good price (for vera!), and it is so unique no one will be able to take their eyes off of you on your wedding day!
Thanks for the kind words! My only fear is that what garnered the ''must buy'' reaction was the fact that it was a sample and might get snatched up at this price. I mean, it''s definitely one of my top three favorites, and I do love it...but, I don''t know, just second thoughts I guess.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 1:01:27 PM
Author: ephemery1

41.gif
Facet it is GORGEOUS... unique and contemporary and beautiful and stunning on your figure... perfect!!! I went through the very same buyer''s remorse period when I bought my dress a few months back... I''ve even been avoiding bridal mags in case I see something I like better and freak out!!
31.gif
But ultimately you just have to trust your instinct. I''m sure there are a million more dresses out there that would look beautiful on you... but there is a reason you were inspired to buy this one... I think it''s just meant to be.
1.gif
Haha, I have been avoiding magazines and the file of saved dress pics on my computer too! I think I just need to accept that this is the only choice...it''s not like I can buy another. And I do love it! I''m just not good with decisions like this...why do you think I went to 7 salons in the first place?!?! LOL.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I know, I''m still trying to find a pic of the dress online since I have nobody to take a pic of me in it (except my fiance) until I go home for X-Mas. Once I bring it home for my family to see, I''ll have someone take pics to post. My friend who works at Vera Wang is still trying to find out which season it''s from.

BTW-the other dresses you liked, were they from Vera Wang? I feel like part of me decided on this dress because it was cheaper than the eyelet dress from the salon (but, by no means was it steal). Ahhhhh!
19.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 3:15:48 PM

Date: 12/8/2006 1:01:27 PM
Author: ephemery1

41.gif
31.gif
1.gif
Haha, I have been avoiding magazines and the file of saved dress pics on my computer too! I think I just need to accept that this is the only choice...it''s not like I can buy another. And I do love it! I''m just not good with decisions like this...why do you think I went to 7 salons in the first place?!?! LOL.
I''m so happy to know I''m not the only one who''s driving myself insane over the dress! I''m definitely NOT good with these decisions either and thought that me feeling this way wasn''t normal.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 3:35:11 PM
Author: blushingbride
I know, I''m still trying to find a pic of the dress online since I have nobody to take a pic of me in it (except my fiance) until I go home for X-Mas. Once I bring it home for my family to see, I''ll have someone take pics to post. My friend who works at Vera Wang is still trying to find out which season it''s from.

BTW-the other dresses you liked, were they from Vera Wang? I feel like part of me decided on this dress because it was cheaper than the eyelet dress from the salon (but, by no means was it steal). Ahhhhh!
19.gif
Doesn''t your camera have a timer? Mine has a 10 sec timer so I can set it on something and take the pic. Come on, you have to check and see!
9.gif

My other two favorites were from Romona Keveza (though I never got to try it on), and Yolanda Couture. I have no idea what Keveza''s run in price, but I know the Yolanda was about $900 more than I ended up getting mine for...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results