shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought a MAGGIE dress today!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I am so thrilled. I''ve been searching for a mermaid style gown that is strapless, has a corset back and a bit of a vintage feel and i found it!!!!! I went to a shop here in ATL that had a maggie sottero trunk show and went with my dad and step mom for father''s day. I tried on a few dresses and they were mediocre. Then, I put this one on and my dad and step mom just loved it! and my eyes lit up too, I loved it! and what is funny, it is was one of the gowns my mom picked online for me to try on!!

I love the rosettes on the gown and I may use the cream roses (which I love) as inspiration for a wedding theme. I love the corset of this dress as well. I think I will need some alterations on the bust and hips, but overall I love it...oh, and I will have the seamstress covert the neckline to a sweetheart as I think its more flattering on me.

I decided to go with the ivory I have on in the pics as I think it looks better on my skin tone that the white. OK, enough chatter from me...I can''t wait to try it on again and find a veil, earrings, etc :)

my dress front.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the back./side. The veil sort of obscures the back, but its a corset

MY DRESS BACK.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
and here is a shot of the really cool tiered layers that peak through the side of the gown where the rouching starts to flare into the mermaid. You can also see the rosettes

tiered layers.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress, mintve!

And you wear that dress well!

pichuchy21

Shiny_Rock
This gown looks amazing on you! Great Pick.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
thank you thank you thank you!!! i am so excited! i feel like I''ve made a huge decision and can relax a little now
emteeth.gif

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
PERFECT!!! You look amazing!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!! I''m so glad you found exactly what you wanted.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo another Maggie bride! Congratulations, that dress looks great on you!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
It''s perfect!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
thank you!!! I''ve already starting brainstorming on ways to incorporate cream roses into the wedding theme (invites, floral, colors, etc. IDEAS ARE WELCOME :)

here is the photo from maggies'' site

maggie sottero CASSADY.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It looks lovely on you!

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
beautiful dress!! You look wonderful in it!

my dress is Maggie too and I love her designs!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Pretty dress. Fits you very nicely and is very becoming on your gorgeous shape!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
thank you, you are all so sweet

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous and looks great on you!!! Personally, I would probably keep the neckline as is. Why mess with something that already looks great?

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Ditto! lovely.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 3:24:30 PM
Author: kcoursolle
It''s gorgeous and looks great on you!!! Personally, I would probably keep the neckline as is. Why mess with something that already looks great?

it is lovely, but I must say that the sweetheart is even more flattering on my bustline. They pinned it down for me to give me an idea and I loved it pinned. I might even apply some of the little beads that are on the dress to the gathers that form at the sweetheart...just an idea, not sure yet.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Terrific !!!

Now that is how a trumpet/mermaid type dress is supposed to fit across the tummy & hips.

You rock that dress
36.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 4:05:44 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Terrific !!!

Now that is how a trumpet/mermaid type dress is supposed to fit across the tummy & hips.

You rock that dress
36.gif

thanks so much! I love the mermaid style :)

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
so STUNNING!! It''s perfect for your great figure! Congrats! Yay for Maggie brides!!

you look wonderful and have such a great figure! I absolutely love all of the detailing on the dress - it is perfect :)

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Yea! I think it looks gorgeous on you. Where did you end up getting the dress at?

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 8:37:40 PM
Author: Amandine
Yea! I think it looks gorgeous on you. Where did you end up getting the dress at?
I was at the new natalie''s maggie sottero trunk show. I had the mental image of the dress I saw at Bride Beautiful, but that one was more modern looking, did not have the asymmetrical lines and was a zip closure. I really wanted a corset, a vintage feel to the dress and i think the asymmetrical look is more flattering on me. So, the maggie one and the price at New Natalie''s was FABULOUS!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Looks better on you than the model congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif
4.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 11:45:15 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Looks better on you than the model congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif
4.gif

you are too sweet
emembarrassed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results