shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought a dress!--hoping to keep the ''buyer''s remorse'' at bay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
So I took the plunge and bought a dress. I am getting married this July, so I figured I had procrastinated enough and needed to get it done. I luv the dress, and i am very excited to wear it--no problems there, but it was over budget and my mom didn''t get to see me try it on, so i think that will bother her a bit (it was a runway sample and not yet in the boutique). That aside, it suits my personality to a tee! I like very unique things and like to marry modern touches with vintage design. This dress did all that for me with the flowy feel, vintage ruffles and dots.
Unfortunately no pics of me in it...but it is the Melissa Sweet Dora. Looks different on me (i have a very small bust, and actually think this a good thing with this dress)
Dora Dress

(also wanted to say, i got the dress at a great price--slightly below trunk cost, and my "loves to spoil me rotten" aunt offered to pay half--so nice of her, but since it was so much, i didn''t tell her the real price (that''s just too much to accept from her-- imo)and I am going to pick up the rest of the cost..hehe)

Yay, can''t believe I can check this off my list!! It was such a hard descision to make!!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ooh! That''s really pretty! Are you going to post pictures?

Minny

Rough_Rock
I think that dress is stunning, and I agree that it would look better with a little less........on top!!!
31.gif

TCBug

Rough_Rock
That dress is STUNNING! I don''t have the bust for it (as in, I have NO bust) -- but it''s awesome! Buy it, wear it and LOVE it! (He will too.)

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh pretty dress!!! I bought the Melissa Sweet Nicolette in August, and definitely had a brief bout of buyer's remorse... Melissa Sweet does not make cheap dresses!! But it helped that my parents were okay with the splurge, and my sweet little brothers were the ones that really justified it for me ("you're our only sister", "you never buy anything that nice for yourself", "it's once in a lifetime", "we want you to feel beautiful", etc
9.gif
) So feel free to borrow their good advice, and enjoy your gorgeous dream gown!!!

ETA -- I look totally different in the Nicolette than the model does too... in fact, I don't like the runway shots of it at all. Funny how that happens!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results