shape
carat
color
clarity

I blame this purchase on SleepySpinel! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
After seeing SleepySpinel's lovely spinel collection, I just had to have a little guy of my own! It is a crazy shape, but that is ok with me-I love the color orange/pink/red in different lighting! Tough to photograph(my camera kills all sparkle) but a few pics came out ok.

Hot Pink is dim lighting(which I couldn't capture in pics), red in bright lighting and organish pink/red in diffused bright light.

Mehenge Spinel collage3.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
SS was quite the enabler!
3.gif
Pretty colors.
21.gif

Where did you get it from?

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhh! Love it!
1.gif
1.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 2:31:41 PM
Author: brandy_z28
SS was quite the enabler!
3.gif
Pretty colors.
21.gif

Where did you get it from?
SS stones just bowled me over, decided I had to see a sleepy spinel in person. I really love it''s sleepiness and the color is super fun too :) I purchased it from an online dealer, they said they have an ebay store too.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 2:49:27 PM
Author: kribbie
Ooohhh! Love it!
1.gif
1.gif
Thanks, I think it''s really a fun stone and I love the quirky cut---think it would make a nice pendant :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your picture looks good; I thought it was the vendor's pictures. It's calling out for a pendant.
31.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 3:19:39 PM
Author: Chrono
Your picture looks good; I thought it was the vendor''s pictures. It''s calling out for a pendant.
31.gif
I think it would be a really fun pendant! I finally sat and read the book alittle on our camera to try and take some better photos. These pics turned out ok-no sparkle, but nice vivid color-except I wasn''t able to capture the pink mood of the stone!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Oh my my, a thread blaming me for something
9.gif
I am touched!

It''s so cool that you were able to get a sleepy spinel of your very own. I vaguely recall a stone with that unique cut a while back. It''s a nice rich reddish color, I like it :) If you are trying to get more of the pink look out of the stone may I suggest either flash photography or bright fluorescent/LED lighting (ie light sources with alot of blue component), I have found that that brings out the electric pink look in my stones. I do hope you set the stone and share the process and results with us here on PS! Congrats again
36.gif

-SS

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Nice color..can''t argue with the stone being sleepy

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:22:27 PM
Author: sleepyspinel
Oh my my, a thread blaming me for something
9.gif
I am touched!

It's so cool that you were able to get a sleepy spinel of your very own. I vaguely recall a stone with that unique cut a while back. It's a nice rich reddish color, I like it :) If you are trying to get more of the pink look out of the stone may I suggest either flash photography or bright fluorescent/LED lighting (ie light sources with alot of blue component), I have found that that brings out the electric pink look in my stones. I do hope you set the stone and share the process and results with us here on PS! Congrats again
36.gif

-SS
Thanks for letting me give you some friendly ribbing :)

I will have to try out your suggestion to catch it's pink mood in photos-thanks!

Am working on a pendant design for it, just need to quit buying stones so I can get it set!!!

SS-do you have any photography suggestions to capture the sparkle-my camera usually kills it(unless I'm really lucky)?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 6:58:54 PM
Author: amethystguy
Nice color..can''t argue with the stone being sleepy
I really love the color
1.gif

And I didn''t know that I was ever arguing that the stone wasn''t sleepy!?!?! It is not as sleepy as my photos, but it is still a very sleepy stone-just the way I wanted it!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
You are welcome anytime... I am just doing my part to stimulate the economy
12.gif

The sparkle thing is a bit difficult to capture due to the sleepy quality, perhaps LED lights would be helpful. I''d love to see some sun shots as well :) Do you find that the stone "glows" in dim light situations? I think that a setting with a few diamonds is a great contrast between soft glow and bright sparkle...

Date: 6/23/2009 9:04:27 AM
Author: stepcutnut

Thanks for letting me give you some friendly ribbing :)

I will have to try out your suggestion to catch it''s pink mood in photos-thanks!

Am working on a pendant design for it, just need to quit buying stones so I can get it set!!!

SS-do you have any photography suggestions to capture the sparkle-my camera usually kills it(unless I''m really lucky)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results