shape
carat
color
clarity

I am weak, weak, weak...help me pick a diamond band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone:

I love my new 3 stone and plain band but find myself lusting after more bling. Surprise, surprise. I am trying to decide between 2 looks and would love your input.

The center of my 3 stone is 1.08 and the sides are .31 each.

The first option I am considering is a signed pieces 11 stone shared prong at either .52 or .59 ct. - (not into the full eternity for myself).

The second option is a 5 stone .50 ct shared prong (10 points each). The diamonds will start and stop just about where the diamonds on my e-ring start and stop so you will see metal on either side.

I'll post pictures to show you what I mean. Let me know which option you prefer. I wish I knew how to do a collage. Obviously I don't so please bear with me.

First a couple of pictures of my ring:

DSC00671Ring91.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Hand shot of mine with the plain band

DSC00648Ring90.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Diamond Band Option 1: Libsters yummy look. I think her diamonds are around .06 each.

libster1.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Another take on Diamond band Option 1: Noobie's wife's look shown on the bottom picture with the 3 stone band: I think these stones are .04.

noobie3stone.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Diamond Band Option 2: Kmom's look - except straight and without pears... my diamonds are about her size and the diamonds in the band would be her size as well (.10). Don't forget, mine would show more metal on either side of the diamonds...

Kmomband.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
I'd love your input... I keep going back and forth. Which look do you think would be best with my ring and huge hands?

Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look of noobie''s wifes ring with your ring.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2005 2:03:46 PM
Author: kaleigh
I love the look of noobie''s wifes ring with your ring.
I agree. I think that smaller stones will not detract from your 3-stone ring but will add a little bit of sparkle.

Laralooblue

Shiny_Rock
First, I think your ring is simply stunning.

While I really do like all the looks, I like the one that you noted as noobie''s wife''s ring the best.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another vote for noobie''s wifes ring. i agree, it adds some bling but doesn''t take away or compete with your 3 stone.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, a small shared prong is the way to go!

Scintillating...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote 5 stone. Idlike the symmetry.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay honestly I like your band that you have now the best...it looks wonderful.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I''d like either! LOL But like Ame, said, I do like all the stones on each ring starting and stopping at the same places....

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for that, Matatora!
28.gif

...decisions...decisions...

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I too like the look you have now, but if you *must* have more bling, then I would go with the smaller band like Noobie''s wife''s.

feathers

Rough_Rock
Your 3-stone ring is beautiful! I vote for option 2. The width of the 5-stone band would be similar to your current one.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Jellybean - and everyone else too - I'm just singling out the gals who say they like what I currently have in the hopes that it will persuade me to keep my money in the bank...!

I really should let this settle for a week or so to see if it's truly what I want to do. And that's saying a lot because I absolutely HATE to WAIT. (I can be rather impulsive with my purchases.)
31.gif

To bling or not to bling...that is the question...
32.gif

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Actually, I like the one you have now best. I think it compliments the ring perfectly without taking away from your beautiful three stone. It looks very classy and elegant.
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Or you could blend the two ideas. Small five pointers that start and stop where your others start and stop. Before you say, "I don''t know about that," check out Miss Alj''s wedding band. That is the best of both. Extra bling without competition and the symmetry is observed by keeping the diamonds beginning and ending equal. Hope this helps rather than confusing.

Shay

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Shay, I think I know the one you mean...I''ve seen it many times before but can''t locate it now. Can anyone point me to the link or remember how to spell her full name?

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I think her name is spelled Aljdewey.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2005 9:29:04 PM
Author: Paula C
Shay, I think I know the one you mean...I''ve seen it many times before but can''t locate it now. Can anyone point me to the link or remember how to spell her full name?

Paula, her rings are in the Whiteflash custom rings thread here in SMTR.

Shay

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like your plain band too but if you''re craving extra sparkle I like option 1.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I will try to insert the link to her rings for you. Hope this works. link

Shay

anika

Shiny_Rock
I agree with what someone mentioned about the stones stopping in the same place. I personally don''t like Noobie''s band for your ring - I think it would look less like a set and you''d lose the lines that your ring has. I normally love those bands but just not for your ring. I think the link Shay has posted is the right look.
Have you had a chance to try some bands on in a store?
Good LUck!

Anika

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Jellybean and Shay for pointing me in the right direction. Shay - that link was perfect to get a sense of how Aljdewey went about selecting her band. Here's a picture of her rings. I love them...

Aljrings.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine again for comparision. I'm trying to envision the size of Aldjewey's band with maybe 5 or 6 stones for symmetry.... If Ana or anyone with photoshop skills would be willing to show me what it might look like, I would be ever so grateful..

DSC00648Ring95.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/17/2005 5:03:49 AM
Author: anika
I agree with what someone mentioned about the stones stopping in the same place. I personally don't like Noobie's band for your ring - I think it would look less like a set and you'd lose the lines that your ring has. I normally love those bands but just not for your ring. I think the link Shay has posted is the right look.
Have you had a chance to try some bands on in a store?
Good LUck!

Anika
Hi Anika. Yes, I have tried some bands on in the stores but it's difficult to find exactly what you are looking for...

I did try on some eternity bands (though I would only get half eternity). I liked the look but don't think I LOVED the look (I'll have to resurrect Finally Decisive's old name)... just like you said, I think I'd rather have it look more matchy poochy.

I have tried on a 5 stone with 10 pointers. The symmetry is good - not only where the stones start and stop, but the platinum is also well matched. Not quite as wide as the e-ring but not so skinny that it looks odd. The problem is, I do think the 10 pointers are too big and will draw attention away from the e-ring.

I tried on a 5 stone in .35 which is about the right diamond weight but I couldn't get past the thinness of the shank - and so I honestly didn't really evaluate how I liked that diamond size and how they lined up with my e-ring... I'll have to go back and check it out again.

If I really want to do this, I guess I should probably consider going custom. Someone like Whiteflash could help with the lines and symmetry so the shank doesn't overpower the small diamonds, and have the two rings look like a set... then I could have it euroshanked like my e-ring for no spin
31.gif

Decisions...decisions...

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Paula, I would definitely give WF a call. They could do something for you that would encompass all of your criteria. After seeing Alj''s rings posted just above yours, I think that it would be perfect for you in something similar. The best of all possible worlds. Glad I could be of some small help.
1.gif

Shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results