shape
carat
color
clarity

I am trying to deny this to myself but I think I may love Warm coloured diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I wrote earlier my jeweller has agreed to give me a refund on the J coloured diamond I purchased. I have been looking at diamonds at goodoldgold and whiteflash and peoples stones put up on this site and I think I do love the stone I have. I know the stones are on a computer screen but even looking in shop windows I have never seen a diamond like mine.

What does a warm stone look like to those who love it. I can only describe what I see as not a darker colour, okay I know it is darker when viewed from the side but I cannot see a difference from the top comparing it with another mounted G I have. What I am seeing in my stone that I love is like a very nice sheen. I thought at first it was because the stone is better proportioned and polished than any stones I have had previously. However now I think it is maybe the proportion but I don''t think it is the polish as I am looking into the stone. It just seems to radiate with a very nice sheen inside that is how I am describing it to myself.

If I return the diamond I will probably by online from goodoldgold I have decided.

Oh today I am just in a tormoil since receiving news that I can get a refund about the stone I felt so unhappy about and now not knowing whether to return the stone and wait a few years to save for a diamond I will buy on the internet. And now this sheen I am seeing.

What should I do. I am seriously needing advice here about what you think. Should I just put it all out of my mind for a while and take a rest? Am I acting out of impulse again as I know I can get a refund now? I think I bought the stone on impulse to begin with because I found I could get a 0.70 carat instead of a 0.50 carat stone which I had never considered. A part of me always wanted a 1.00 carat though which I will have to save for or keep this stone or get another 0.70 on the internet in a better colour and then save for more years for the 1.00 carat which may increase in size by then.

Oooh please help me anybody.
appl.gif
errrr.gif
5.gif

I just feel nervous and jumpy like the icons here.
snore.gif

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
No kidding. First you like it, then you don't, then you do, the you don't, now maybe you do....... Get the refund, go look at stones warm and cold, by the time you figure out which one you prefer you can probably afford that 1.0 ct.
loopy.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what Homerj you are very right. I nearly went and got the refund today but could not. I am afraid I won't get another stone that looks as good as this one. Well the ones in the windows in the UK do not look as good and I am considering the internet. At least my options are open now but I do not know if that is a good thing or not. I hate dilemmas like this.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anyone who loves warm diamonds comment. I wonder if this sheen is just the better polish shining from the pavillion facets. I know I have to save for my larger stone for years but I do not think that is what is clouding my judgement. I just keep seeing this sheen from the diamond. Is it the warm tone or is it the polish. I do not care for the warm colour I can see from the side view against white when the sun is shining it is a very light tint of greenish/yellow to me but from the table view I love this sheen.

I do not want to like warm colour stones as I have my heart set on a colourless stone of 1 carat someday. Anyone else find out they like warm stones and what do they like about them? Is it this sheen? It mesmerizes me.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like you are still fighting your warm diamond demons.
eek.gif
Don't be ashamed of liking the lower color stones.
nono.gif

I think warm diamonds look kind of neat when set with colorless stones. A little more earthy. It also presents a very compelling contrast. But I doubt that a well cut J will show a striking contrast between warm and cold. I'm thinking more of a brown/tan tinged m-n. Can you post any pictures of your ring?

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Pyramid...

I have a jeweler for a neighbor, (I live in a very old town on the east coast, and he converted the old train station into a jewelry store). He's also a friend, and has the most gorgeous 1.5x J diamond pendant for sale.

To me, this pendant looks sort of like a ray of sunshine on water; brilliant, but with transparent bursts of color saturating it. I want it so badly I could almost taste it.

My SO finally saw it yesterday, but I don't doubt he would consider the $$ on it a 'waste'.

To me, at least this particular diamond symbolizes childhood somehow, and the fun you had at the lake, as you watched the water flowing over smooth pebbles...the D and E type diamonds are lovely, but cold, reminding me of a winter snow storm...and the icicles hanging from house eaves.

Ok, that's enough bad prose for now. I get to pick up my OMC 1.x tonight, I can't wait!

win

love.gif

Janelle

Rough_Rock
I think you ought to return the stone and get the refund. Then you could buy another .70ct from GoodOldGold so that you have something now. When you are ready to spend more, you could upgrade to a 1ct since GOG has that awesome upgrade policy.

That is what I would do. If you are having questions now, it may not be the right diamond for you.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The problem here is too many options!
1.gif

Return this stone. Of course you will find another well cut stone such as this one...don't we see tons of them posted on this forum daily?

Buy from GOG as you noted. Get a .70c I SI1 stone from Rhino and then upgrade it later when you have a chance. His upgrade policy is lifetime, and if you buy another stone offline, you have no idea what you can upgrade it for in the future. I'm feeling this right now too...when we go to upgrade in the future...who will want to take my little odd AGS 7 stone??

Chances are also good that the 'sheen' you are seeing is really more of fire inside the stone than the color of the stone itself. Some stones shine brilliantly white (like mine), some shine with deep bursts of fire inside of them (like my coworkers ring I mentioned in the past)...there are different types. J's are necessarily yellow--alot of people can barely even make out a hint of warm color.

Warm colored stones are beautiful--I am more a fan of the colorless on one end and then the very warm tones towards the other end towards Z. I'm not a fan of diamonds that look 'yellow' like they are dirty but rather like they should BE yellow...and not white.

2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Were it me,.... I would return this one and go with the bigger diamond. You know GOG has great cuts. You know White Flash has great cuts. You know Nice Ice has great cuts.

You know more than most of us here, Pyramid!
read.gif
1.gif

Take the money and run. Buy a bigger diamond from a company that has life-time upgrades. These guys aren't going anywhere,.... except to Vegas!
2.gif

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
pyramid...

Take the money, go to Vegas, put in on red... let it ride a couple of times .. take the cash and buy the stone you really want !!!

That is what I did !!! (Of course it may not work all the time .....)
15.gif
15.gif

FC

10.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have returned the diamond and got a refund. I think I will just wait a while and go for my final diamond when I can afford it as I am in UK do not want to do upgrade, only buy once.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results