shape
carat
color
clarity

I am tired of being asked, can I speak to your Mom!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I used to get the opposite growing up and everyone thought I was my mom when I answered the phone. I''ll admit, our voices are totally similar. I would pick up the phone and say hello and someone would launch into a convo. I think they were embarrassed when I said "Ummm, I''ll go get my mom ... " Haha

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Aww, I''m sorry! I''m sure you don''t sound like Mini Mouse. It is frustrating. When hubby and I first moved into our first home, we had several door-to-door salesman ask me "is your mother home?" when I came to the door. I would say, I don''t know if she''s at home or not, she doesn''t live here! Haha, that hasn''t happened in several years though, so I guess I''m looking older! You probably just have a sweet, soft sounding voice...that would be my guess.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have that issue with my voice but with my looks. No one thinks that I''m 27, they all think I''m about 19/20. I''m sick of hearing that I''ll appreciate it when I''m older!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 1:55:01 PM
Author: bee*
I don''t have that issue with my voice but with my looks. No one thinks that I''m 27, they all think I''m about 19/20. I''m sick of hearing that I''ll appreciate it when I''m older!
Ahh, but you will mon ami. From one who knows.
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try answering the phone with a deep voice and saying, "hello, this is Lisa, woman of the house!" Sound just like a guy and that''ll throw them for a loop.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:48:38 PM
Author: MC
Try answering the phone with a deep voice and saying, ''hello, this is Lisa, woman of the house!'' Sound just like a guy and that''ll throw them for a loop.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!I answered FI''s phone this weekend when his BFF called and that threw him for a loop. He was like, "Uh....is uh....D there?"

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am usually pretty flippant, saying you ARE talking to the mom. Then there is a few seconds of silence.
31.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh - I think people think you sound youthful on the phone not because you sound like Minnie Mouse, but because you have a youthful spirit - it comes through, even on the phone, you know
21.gif

I have the double whammy - my voice and how I look. I used to do customer service on the phone, and the first time I heard myself on a recorded line, I sounded like a demented chipmunk!
11.gif
I definitely have to make a conscious effort to prevent that when I''m nervous. And I''m 28 but people think I''m 15-18. Usually it doesn''t really affect me, but I hate that I get GLARED at every time I''m in the alcohol section at the market
14.gif
I guess I should just stamp ''I''m over 21!!!'' on my forehead? *shrug*
5.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have this problem, but my husband''s voice apparently sounds feminine on the phone, so random callers often assume he is a woman! He can definitely commiserate!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:44:23 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 4/7/2009 1:55:01 PM

Author: bee*

Ahh, but you will mon ami. From one who knows.
2.gif

True! It''s just so frustrating now. At least I don''t look like the mature student in college
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 9:09:54 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I am usually pretty flippant, saying you ARE talking to the mom. Then there is a few seconds of silence.
31.gif
Kaleigh
i told you to answer the phone like i do...hello, who the "F" is this ? then there is usually a few seconds of silence too
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 6:23:35 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 4/7/2009 9:09:54 PM
Author: Kaleigh
31.gif
Kaleigh
i told you to answer the phone like i do...hello, who the ''F'' is this ? then there is usually a few seconds of silence too
9.gif
Hmmm, will have to give that a try, LOL!!!
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results