shape
carat
color
clarity

I AM SOOOO EXCITED

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Okay,I am not sure if I should be posting here or in the show ring section. I figured here only because my last post was in this section and I wanted to update everyone on my great news.....

I am now officially engaged!!!!!!! As you may know from my previous post, I knew that my boyfriend had received the ring from whiteflash because I received an email and call from them veryifing that the ring had been sent. Thanks to all the post from you all I felt much better and was happy trying not to think about it every minute of the day. I had an extremely busy Wednesday and was looking forward to relaxing on Thanksgiving.

So Thursday, Thanksgiving day, was absolutely beautiful here in Hawaii. The most beautiful of all Thanksgivings I can remember. Since we had family visiting we decided to go snorkling at my favoriate place in the world, the turtle pond. If you have ever watched Macgiver then you have probably seen it as that is the beach the show was filmed on.

Anyways, we go out to go snorkling and it was kinda wavy in this one section because we had to swim out over the reef. Now I am extremely terrified of deep water when I can''t see so I freaked out and started to swim back in. But my boyfriend, Chris, pulled me back out and said "let''s just see what it looks like further out". So I said okay. It turned out to be incredible, we saw tons of fish (did I mentioned I am addicted to snorkling!), a turtle, and two eels. We swam for about to hours.

As I swam over one of the coral heads a huge brown eel came out of his hole trying to bite me I started screaming at the top of my lungs. I told the 4 people I was with what happened and we all went back to try and look for the eel again.

All of a sudden when I was swimming back towards the open sand Chris swam underneath me with his back on the sand. He opened his hand and that is when I saw it. The most beautiful 1.03 square radiant diamond. I was so excited I almost died, you have to remember I was still under water at this time. He slipped the ring onto my finger and we came up to the surface. As we bobbed in the incredible aqua water he took my face (still with my snorkel mask on) in his hands and asked me to marry him!!!!!

Of course I started screaming again and the people we were with thought that I had just been attacked by another eel. So they start yelling at us to find out if we are okay and I shoot my hand into the air screaming I''m engaged!! needless to say we made a huge scene in the water. I was so excited all I could do was hug and kiss Chris and during this process basically drowned him. But it was incredible and a moment I will never forget.

Once we got back to the beach his family took a bunch of pictures. It was the most thrilling event in my life and I was so happy. It was perfect and a complete surprise, especially since Chris never acted any different that morning then any other morning.

Sorry for such a long post. I just want to share with everyone my joy. I will post pictures. Thank you all for all of your hep.

I want to Thank Bob at Whiteflash for the incredible service. I would never have found my dream diamond with out the help from you. He was great for putting up with my pickyness and all of my questions. Thanks Bob & all of Whiteflash for my beautiful ring!!!!
appl.gif

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Here we are just as we got out of the water. I know I look really silly but oh well...

Engaged 1 chg.jpg

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
This picture doesn't really capture the sparkle of the ring underwater. But it was the best I could get

Ring Water 1chg.jpg

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Isn't this a beautiful place!

Engaged chg.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations hawaii_justine!

You guys look so happy in the photos (looks like you can't stop smiling).
1.gif

I'm glad Chris had a firm grip on the ring, wouldn't have wanted it to be swept away before you could get your hands on it. Where did he hide the ring before he gave it to you? And do you have any close-up pics?

Edited to add:
Love the underwater photo of the ring. Very unique!

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, lucky lady (and gent!). I knew it would all turn out great! Beautiful ring, by the way.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woah he's pretty ballsy to propose and chance slipping the ring on your finger underwater!!! Lovely pictures, you look very happy!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!!!
Congrates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May that look of joy always be on your face and that feeling in your heart as you two go down the road of life together!!!

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
u look incredibly happy & excited, congratz!
9.gif

p.s. did u purchase the setting from wf too and if so which setting is it?

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful proposal, Best of everything to both of you

Wayne
Melbourne Diamond Exchange Ltd

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Justine, what a great proposal story. Glad your screams were caused by the ring and not the eel biting you!!
9.gif

Congratulations and best wishes. Cool picture with Rabbit Island in the background (hope my memory serves me right
2.gif
). And oh, great underwater shot of the ring.
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Whoa Justine! This is so cool!
9.gif
The underwater ring pic is great... And what a beautiful place!
1.gif
1.gif

jqwest

Rough_Rock
Congrates!!!

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
What a wonderful engagement story. I read it twice and then called my husband in and read it to him. Such a sweet story.

Congratulations to you both.

Kris

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
Best wishes to you both. It’s always nice and inspiring to hear a very thoughtful plan with a happy ending.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Yet again, I am amazed at the unique and romantic ways guys propose and people get engaged! What a wonderful story! You both look very happy.
love.gif

Congrats and Best Wishes for many wonderful years together!
16.gif

Great pic of the rock underwater also!
1.gif

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a wonderful ending. I just read your sad post about finding out about the ring before your fiance had a chance to surprise you, and was so happy to read that everything turned out beautifully! Especially the ring!!!
1.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Justine. All's well that ends well - forgive my lack of originality. I knew that any guy who had invested enough thought in figuring out how to surprise you with your ring would somehow find a way to make your proposal special.
1.gif
And you don't look silly, you look radiantly happy.
1.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
YAY! YAY!
appl.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!
9.gif

I love happy couples!
1.gif

You two look so beautifully happy - and the ring ain't shabby either!
3.gif

Might I add that your FI is quite a cutie - and you are just adorable!
16.gif

What a great couple!
Enjoy wearing your ring!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Such a beautiful place! Wonderful proposal. Gorgeous ring!
1.gif
You are one lucky girl. Enjoy the engagement and planning the wedding!!

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for all of your posts. Sorry it has taken so long for me to post again. I have just been enjoying my wonderful new ring. Bob from Whiteflash was able to email us some pictures of the ring. I will attach them.

Just to answer a couple of questions Chris surfs a lot and in his shorts there is a key pocket. He uses this pocket to keep his ring in when surfing so he said that he felt comfortable putting my ring in there. When we were in the water I didn't really think about "my ring" floating in the water. But a couple of nights ago I was thinking about it and I almost had a heart attack thinking I took it off and on in the water.

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Here is the second picture. The diamond is so beautiful. it is a square radiant 1.03 I VS 2 set in a whiteflash W prong setting in platinum. It is absolutely beautiful.

he.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a great story and the ring's a stunner! Congratulations! You two look so adorable together.

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
What a fantastic proposal - I cried reading it! You look soooo happy and in love. As for the ring, it is utterly divine. I love solitaires. Your stone and setting are simply superb. But yikes! Don't ever take it off in the ocean again! Just hearing that makes me nervous! Anyway, congratulations to you both. Have fun planning the wedding :)

Pear Princess

PS I just got engaged last week and want to post my story but don't know how to post. Can anyone tell me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results