shape
carat
color
clarity

I am so lost...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
Ok...So Ive read alot and ive been to alot of stores. Ive been looking for that perfect ring for my future wife...

What she wants is appx a 1 Carat Princess cut diamond solitare set in platinium.

My price range is really no more that 5000.00 And I was looking closer to 4

Ive been to diamond.com, blue nile, shane co, jared, and a whole host of other stores...They all seem to have there gimmick. (leo cuts, white star cuts, stuff like that.)

Well I found a stone on diamond.com

Its 1.02 Carat
H in color
VVS2 with a premium cut
VG Polish and symmetry
Depth 77.8
table 69
Girdle TN-TN
CULET NON
Fluoresence Non
GIA certified

for 3550.00

Then my friend showed me this site and thats where i got confused. It is when I really realized that I have no idea what im doing. Any help would be great...

I really want the best diamond for my money dont we all. Im scared of some of these online sites.

Cowering in fear....

Tim

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Tim,
The first thing you should do is thank your friend for telling you about this website! And rest assured, there are many people here ready and willing to help you, Welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zx...don't worry! you can definitely get a 1 great 1 ct princess.

3.5K is too cheap for a 1 ct H VVS2 diamond with great cut.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Welcome
35.gif
!

I would say to go way down in clarity. Look for an eye clean (no inclusions visible to YOUR naked eye) SI1 or SI2 even. Then you can go up in size a little, if you like, or just save some money. I highly recommend checking out these two online vendors:

http://www.whiteflash.com/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/

Remember this: cut is the most important of the 4 C's so make it your #1 priority (or #2 after budget) for a great diamond. This is where the sparkle, brilliance, and scintillation will come from.

Which area of the country do you live in, so that we can find out if there are any online vendors close by?

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
well thats the price it says it is... what do you mean its too cheap...its not an ideal cut it is premium...is that why...this is where im lost on how much does all this really matter i know the basicas but i really have no idea i am so scared now.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! You can definately go down in clarity from VVS to VS or possibly even an eye clean SI to get a cheaper diamond that can still be stunning if the stone is cut well. You might try contacting one or two of the internet vendors who advertise on this site and ask them for some recommendations.

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
yea i have gather that the cut is most important but what im not sure of is premium vs ideal vs excelent. Then you got depth, and other factors. I think i will contact some of the vendors but i am so afraid of over paying.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2006 11:12:43 PM
Author: zikronix
well thats the price it says it is... what do you mean its too cheap...its not an ideal cut it is premium...is that why...this is where im lost on how much does all this really matter i know the basicas but i really have no idea i am so scared now.
Yes, I expect an ideal 1 ct H VVS2 to be about 4.5 K.

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2371019.htm

The ideal scope is going to make me weep (it is so beautiful.) There is a PS/wire discount from most vendors, so that'll bring the price down a little.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
A vendor who is not a vendor advertised on this site, but who has awesome diamonds, is Barry at exceldiamonds.com. He has an H/SI1 princess for $3544. Just checked his site. I have bought from him before and loved my stone. I bought a J-colored round, but I would not hesitate to buy a princess from him. His customer service is awesome. You can also check the testimonials on this site for other great online vendors. I don''t think any of them who people have recommended will lead you astray.

The most important C to look for is cut. An excellent cut will make a lower-colored diamond look whiter, and an excellent cut will also make inclusions less evident in the brilliant cuts. That is the way to get more value for your buck. Good luck!

mattph76b

Rough_Rock
I just got a great deal on a round brilliant from dirtcheapdiamonds.com. They're a James Allen website and well-spoken of here. I was nervous with buying online too so I had the diamond sent to an appraiser for a pre-purchase inspection. I just went to the appraiser's office this afternoon to check it out and everything looks great. I'll be finalizing my purchase tomorrow.

I just searched for princess cuts 1.00-1.20 and they have several under $5k under the Ideal Cut tab, including this one:

1.13 H VVS2 GIA $4,648 73.9 70 VG VG None 5.62x5.59x4.13

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 11:17:54 PM
Author: JulieN

Date: 5/16/2006 11:12:43 PM
Author: zikronix
Yes, I expect an ideal 1 ct H VVS2 to be about 4.5 K.

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2371019.htm

The ideal scope is going to make me weep (it is so beautiful.) There is a PS/wire discount from most vendors, so that''ll bring the price down a little.
Wow, that is one gorgeous ideal scope!!!! I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results