shape
carat
color
clarity

I AM JUST PLAIN CONFUSED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OK, I have looked at all the charts on Princess diamonds OVER AND OVER again and I have used the chart to compare to diamonds that I have been looking into. I have read the forums and I have read just about everything on pricescope and other Websites about diamonds... BUt everything seems so complex and mathmatical that my head is spinning (Needless to say I was not a mathmatics major in college. or anything close to that for that matter)

Tell me if I have this right:
When I am looking at a princess cut diamond, I want the table and depth to be as close to the same as possible.. how close is as close as possible. I know that I should not be looking for any depth over 75 and nothing lower than 65... but how does this play in relation to the table. If I am looking at a 82 depth and 72 table that is BAD (right) and if it is a 70 depth and a 60 table that is bad too? If I am looking for a diamond that has the ''largest face up'' but also does not lose a lot of galm, then how do I know which depth to table to look at U@@%*!@(#)(!@I!!! ( insert:frustrated scream here!!!!!!!!!)
32.gif

NOw why do some cuts that have a deep depth and (for example: 78 depth.... 70 table) are graded as having a Very Good cut on the GIA report... I just do Not GET IT!!!!

Please help me or I am just going to go bonkers!!!!!!
7.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Don''t forget the numbers, but don''t get pent up over them, either. You want a great looking diamond! That is the goal. You also want a diamond that looks reasonably large enough for its weight, so you don''t want to go super deep. You want a durable stone, so staying away from very thin girdles and verys hallow crown heights will help.

The rest is much more up to YOUR EYES and to the eyes of the expert vendors on Pricescope. Ask them for well cut stones that look right and look their size. They will help you and the numbers will seem far less scary.......The numbers weed out many poor cut examples but do not assure any diamond will LOOK RIGHT. Expert eyes and honest sales vendors will do that for you. I know it can seem scary, but it is not at all difficult.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Sometimes I think being able to pick my own thing is just too dang frustrating. I rally do Not have anyone in my area that is selling anything that would consider paying for (i.e. Reeds jewelers and Robinson... store chains) And so I have to look at internet sites. My finace is absolutley terrified about buying on the net so I have to be able to convince hime that the place is reputable and the ring will be gorgeous and they are not going to rip him off.. steal his identity...etc. etc. UGH!! Should I look mostly at the vendors that you have here on you site when I compare diamond prices?
39.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
and Apparently I ''rally'' do not know how to spell either..lol...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results