shape
carat
color
clarity

I am heart broken

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
just found chickadee ( baby I think) was stunned on the ground.I have brought back to life few birds by keeping them warm in a paper bag inside the house for few hours till they recover and once one had to stay overnight.This baby however died in my hand.. So very sad it took few sips of water right out of my hand and slowly died.so sad, so very sad it looked like a baby learnig to fly it must have hit something and fell hard on the pavers.So , so very sad for him and for me even more so..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
15.gif
That is so sad. At least you did what you could. I saw a bird egg in our grass last weekend when we were moving out. A real Easter egg!! But it must have fallen out of the tree and cracked underneath because when I lifted it up...the stench....
14.gif
Last time I do that...
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww how sweet that it was not alone and died in the warmth of someone''s love.... :*)

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so sad. I''ve seen this happen to birds before and I feel so helpless. You did what you could. You obviously have a HUGE heart.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks FireGoddess I should feel I did everything I could , but the bird died ( 1st ever and I rescued quite a few) See where I am coming from? However having said that ,there was nothing more I could possibly do given the situation. Cehrabehra one can not comment on what you said - many thanks..

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Marvel yes I did try my best here , but its so very sad I could feel his heat beat and then it was gone...just like this...in few seconds he was gone..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my that is so sad!!! But you gave that little birdie comfort and the warmth of your hand in it''s final moments. To me that''s very touching and sweet. I''m sorry.
15.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh for your kind words...

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I found a baby bird (so many yrs ago, can''t remember what kind) and we took it to the vet. It received fluids by iv and then we syringe fed it diluted canned Science Diet cat food until it was strong enough to let go. It''s so hard because the mothers won''t take them back and you don''t want the cats to find them...and they are so delicate.... I feel your pain on this one.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Cehrabehra your wonderful words of comfort were just too much not to be acknowledged. How articulate you are...and sensitive. It left me with a wonderful thought of peace for Scarleta.

You too Kaleigh...

Scarleta...My hubby walked upon a newly fallen male cardinal last week. It had some visable trauma that may have been purposely inflicted by man or another bird...My husband respectfully cradled it and put it to rest in a wonderful spot. As he told me he had tears in his eyes as (the cardinal''s) mate was in the tree canopy calling out for her beloved. My husband really took it hard as he treasures his song birds and feels the magnatude of loss of one. He too felt bad as he wasn''t able to help.

You should be commended for your past success in nuturing others...and in no way feel to blame for this. The fall may have damaged something so severe and not visable -that couldn''t be repaired with time, or help from you. Fortunately, there is a system in place for that situation. And as you described, it was peaceful and fairly quick.

Please, allow your sadness to give way to greatfulness...you and your compassion were meant to be there...
17.gif

It is Matthew 10:29 that reminds us that not even the sparrow would fall to the ground without our Father knowing. So at that very moment, you were not the only one grieving for the loss of that life.

DKS

Mag00

Rough_Rock
awww
7.gif

I remember I saw a bird egg on the ground, still intact.
but at first i wasnt sure what it was, so i lightly tapped it with my foot, and it cracked
8.gif

Ill be more careful next time that happens
5.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to all for your kind words .It made a big difference to me. I am still going back to read them .Many thanks to San Diego Lady,Justjulia, DKS and Mag and I hope I mention everyone, because trully your words were beautiful.The bird is now resting , and will always stay in my heart .

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
It''s a sad story, but also a hopeful one. This shows that there are many people out in the world interested in helping our wildlife. I am a big bird lover and I have had a similar thing happen to me with a wild baby bird. I know how sad it feels.

You did try your best and in the past you have been successful and I bet you will be able to help another baby bird in the future.

This weekend I am attending a class at our local humane society on how to feed the wild baby birds that turn up at the shelter. I am looking forward to this volunteer program.

I know this sad incicent will hurt you and stay on your mind, but you are a great person for trying to help the helpless baby birds.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Beacon and good luck to you..You are doing the right thing..

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you are feeling sad Scarleta. Bless you for trying to help the baby bird though, not many would have. You are very special.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much.I do like birds and all wild creatures for that matter.you guys helped me get over it with your replies.Much apprecieated..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results