shape
carat
color
clarity

I am giving you One Million Dollars to spend on whatever you wish...GO!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
One way ticket & proper gifts to a place I know.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't gotten my million dollar check yet!

I expect it will get here before our stimulus check lol!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I'd invest it in the stock market. If that's not an option, I'd buy a bigger house!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d pay off the mortgage, redo the kitchen, bathroom, put in an en-suite then split the rest between the SPCA and the pug and bull breed rescues we already donate to.
Also have to say, working in USD gives me so much more to play with locally ☺️

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I‘d payoff both my mortgage and my parents mortgage. Then I’d start an animal sanctuary/ rescue organization. That’s been my lifelong (powerball) dream.

Anything left would be spent half and half. Some towards our retirement. Some to send my parents on a dream vacation (another lifelong dream of mine)....and probably something sparkly. :mrgreen:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hmmmm buy my son a property and invest in his business. I sound like @Austina!

Save a lot and donate a lot (more) to our food bank, homeless centers, and for our Veterans.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pay off our mortgage and cars then invest the rest for retirement.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are already retired so we wouldn't really need it for living expenses. So a fair amount would go to our children and grandchildren.

$100,000 : to various charities (church, adoption funds, local needs, etc.)

$300,000 : $100k to each child to go towards a house or new house (or retirement fund)

$250,000 : figuring on 5 grandchildren (3 so far), $50k each towards college fund

$ 50,000 : current home/yard improvements or downsize to a smaller home with premium interior

$100,000 : next two new cars

$100,000 : fun money account (jewelry, travel, misc.)

$100,000 : save

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking back through the other posts, I realize I am an overanalyzer even on totally hypothetical things! :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow spending $100k on jewellery feels perfectly reasonable - but thinking about spending $1000k on jewellery feels very callous and insensible!

Mortgages. Retirement. Animal shelthers. And I'll take my very reasonable $100k for bling, thanks. ::)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd still invest a substantial amount in stocks. So my allocation would be:

- 500k in stocks
- 200k in some nice bling, maybe a 7 or 8ct antique EC and/or some "holy grail" VCA piece(s)
- 50k on nice vacations and other misc.
- 150k to family members
- 50k to children charities and the remaining 50k to cat charities

That was a nice daydream!:razz:

Last edited:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Purchased in this order;

1. A house
2. A new car for my wife
3. New boat with appropriate tow vehicle
4. Large chunk put in savings for Finn
5. I'll reward myself with a rumbly V8, according to my mate it's the kind of V8 that goes wubwubwubwub :lol-2:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would have a stamped concrete fence installed around our property and a 3 season gazebo or greenhouse built in our backyard. The remainder I would give to animal charities - preferably to set up a free eye clinic.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very similar to many other replies- a property for each child (2) and a second home on one of the Scottish islands (most likely Mull). I don’t think there would be anything left. If there was, I would start pensions for the children.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven’t worked out yet whether current world events have changed my view on gratuitous travelling. Half of me thinks we (my family) should principally have holidays in the UK moving forwards, with overseas holidays an occasional treat, to be more responsible environmentally and to reduce the chances of recreating exactly the storm we’re currently in. The other half of me would dearly love to travel the world and show my children more of the places that I’ve loved and places I’ve never been. This half of me is currently The Hulk (vs stay at home Bruce Banner), largely due to cabin fever setting in!

Until I’ve decided where I stand, I’d set aside a chunk for family holidays to exotic (and non-exotic) places, just in case. I’d donate to charities, especially mental health charities that struggle for funding thanks to outdated attitudes still prevailing. I’d probably move slightly nearer to my children’s schools so they could have more free time each day. And I’d definitely set aside a chunk for rainy days.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to be boring, and say I’d contact our local hospital, find out what equipment they need to help in the current crisis, and then make sure they get it.

I’d keep a little bit back and buy a nice pair of OEC earrings, and have a bangle made like this.

25D0CDCC-81AA-4B8F-8A52-6FD602AFEEF2.jpeg

Don’t need anything else, already bought DS a house, invested in his business, and have enough to live on.

No worries, I'll help you dream this just a little bit bigger LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to be boring, and say I’d contact our local hospital, find out what equipment they need to help in the current crisis, and then make sure they get it.

I’d keep a little bit back and buy a nice pair of OEC earrings, and have a bangle made like this.

25D0CDCC-81AA-4B8F-8A52-6FD602AFEEF2.jpeg

Don’t need anything else, already bought DS a house, invested in his business, and have enough to live on.

I think a bangle like this would be perfect on your wrist @Austina and combined with Bella and OEC earrings just swoon! And yes to helping the local hospital. Blingy and good combined. The perfect combo.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course! Just get me that million and I'm on the first plane!

Haha wait a minute...if we are waiting on our funds we might be waiting a long while ::) :lol:

Q

Queenie60

I would donate it as I don’t need a million dollars.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give my son's 250K a piece. Give my niece 100K.

Put the rest in savings.

Great question girly! xo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls! I will fly in for a shop Missy has always said we should go to OWD while I am not in a buying position :) I am in an oogle position and we could go out to a fancy restaurant! it would fun.

Can we shop for it in NYC (when things are well again) please?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls! I will fly in for a shop Missy has always said we should go to OWD while I am not in a buying position :) I am in an oogle position and we could go out to a fancy restaurant! it would fun.

I cannot wait for that day @Tekate Great Kate!!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results