shape
carat
color
clarity

I am a sponge...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mtbr

Rough_Rock
and I want to soak up your knowledge.

Does the stone described below appear to be priced reasonably well?

Shape: Princess
Carat wt: 1.00
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Cert: GIA
Depth: 72.7
Table: 72
Polish: EX
Sym: VG
Flr: None
Dimension:5.49x5.43x3.95
Price $4,339

Does the "squareness" of a princess cut affect price?

How important is "polish"?

I love buying items off the internet but it is harder to do that when the item''s value will be truly measured by sight!

Beware - if you answer these questions, I will probably be spurred to ask a lot more!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/6/2003 2:36:51 AM mtbr wrote:

and I want to soak up your knowledge.

Does the stone described below appear to be priced reasonably well?

Shape: Princess
Carat wt: 1.00
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Cert: GIA
Depth: 72.7
Table: 72
Polish: EX
Sym: VG
Flr: None
Dimension:5.49x5.43x3.95
Price $4,339

Does the "squareness" of a princess cut affect price?

How important is "polish"?

I love buying items off the internet but it is harder to do that when the item's value will be truly measured by sight!

Beware - if you answer these questions, I will probably be spurred to ask a lot more!
----------------

Hi Mtbr!
wavey.gif

Yes, length to width proportions and "squareness" do affect price. It figures into the Cut Class rating, therefore determining value.

Finish is also a part of the pricing. Excellent polish is rated higher than Fair.

Based on the stats you provided, this diamond ranks as a Cut Class 2A based on the Table at 72%. Depth, length to width ratio, and finish are A-OK! Price Scope vendors sell similar color, clarity, and carat weight diamonds for $4,675 to $5,059.

Fancies can be tough without seeing them in person. This diamond could be a great bargain. You will really need to get Crown and Pavillion angles for a better determination. Try contacting the vendor for that info, and a copy of the Cert and inclusion plot.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results