shape
carat
color
clarity

I’m so smart. I think lol

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah. Joke’s on me. Finally the scientific literature is starting to very slowly acknowledge that titanium is not inert in some people!

I had a 2x failed 100% titanium dental implant— I’m probably in the literature lol. Oral surgeon said he had never seen a reaction like that— my body was actively pushing the implant out (and the pain, oh my the searing mind numbing pain). First try I made it 3 days. Second try (9 months later) I made it 1.5 days.

Same happened with me on my dental implant. Only stayed in 3 days and the surgeon said my body was rejecting it and pushing it out.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same happened with me on my dental implant. Only stayed in 3 days and the surgeon said my body was rejecting it and pushing it out.

UUGH. I’m sad to have a compadre who has gone through it. See, it’s not non reactive. Two people on this one board??

I also heard of “exosomes” which “scaffold” on top of the platelet rich plasma treatment, so I’m about to click on a link about that, offered near my other house.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It arrived. It was supposed to be size 10 for my largest finger, but it’s more like a 9 which is fine. I put it on my ring finger for the pic.

9539CBC1-B4C1-4531-BBB9-E1D22A914288.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. I just read this thread. You have horrible problems, whitewave. I actually had no idea that people could have metal allergies that could cause problems with necessary medical implants. So many other posters seem to be taking it in stride and calmly discussing ceramic parts and where in the world alternative surgeries are best performed. I am just sitting here with my jaw on the floor. I have always dreaded having my first knee or hip replacement. (I have had a dental implant and it was not a difficult procedure for me. In fact I may have had more than one.) To be contemplating surgery the way you are just floors me. I wish you the very best of luck. My fingers are crossed for that ring!!!

Hugs,
Deb

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It arrived. It was supposed to be size 10 for my largest finger, but it’s more like a 9 which is fine. I put it on my ring finger for the pic.

9539CBC1-B4C1-4531-BBB9-E1D22A914288.jpeg
So it's been a few days... has your finger dropped off yet or does it look promising? :D lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a (mild) metal allergy according to my dermatologist. And I have metal in my leg. He thinks I am allergic to it because it is sort of irritated and red around the skin where the implants are in my leg. But we aren't taking it out (unless the reaction becomes severe and we have no choice) because if we did I wouldn't retain use of that leg. There's so much metal in it removing it would irrevocably damage the leg.

Good luck @whitewave, hoping your experiment works and you can go with this option. Though I might opt for traveling and getting the ceramic implants.

How are you doing with the ring?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF Deb, thank you. What Missy discusses below is ththe conundrum— if you have the surgery and then have the metal allergy, you have removed the bone structure so then what???

@OoohShiny not a mark on me :mrgreen: but I also have an appointment tomorrow to discuss the stem cells and Platlet rich therapy.

@missy yes, this is my biggest fear!! You can’t get the bones they took out back!!! I hope it doesn’t get worse for you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your appointment today yields hopeful material, whitewave. And congratualtions on the ring!

Deb :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF Deb, thank you. What Missy discusses below is ththe conundrum— if you have the surgery and then have the metal allergy, you have removed the bone structure so then what???

@OoohShiny not a mark on me :mrgreen: but I also have an appointment tomorrow to discuss the stem cells and Platlet rich therapy.

@missy yes, this is my biggest fear!! You can’t get the bones they took out back!!! I hope it doesn’t get worse for you.

Thank you @whitewave and sending you lots of good wishes and hope your appointment goes well.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave I am so sorry you are so much pain. I have metal in my neck (2011) and then last year I developed osteomyelitis and had to have metal used for the infected bone and the metal became infected immediately, or I had an allergic reaction. Who knows. But they had to remove the metal as soon as the new bone healed. The area was draining :eek2: for weeks while we waited for bone fusion and removal. I also need dental implants now which I am very hesitant to try. I’ve read that titanium often get contaminated during the insertion in the OR.
Sending you much luck with the stem cell treatment. :kiss2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your appointment today yields hopeful material, whitewave. And congratualtions on the ring!

Deb :wavey:

@missy Thanks, I’m looking forward to the appointment in about 2 hours.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave I am so sorry you are so much pain. I have metal in my neck (2011) and then last year I developed osteomyelitis and had to have metal used for the infected bone and the metal became infected immediately, or I had an allergic reaction. Who knows. But they had to remove the metal as soon as the new bone healed. The area was draining :eek2: for weeks while we waited for bone fusion and removal. I also need dental implants now which I am very hesitant to try. I’ve read that titanium often get contaminated during the insertion in the OR.
Sending you much luck with the stem cell treatment. :kiss2:

Ooh, I am so sorry you are going through that. It sounds like a nightmare. My oral surgeon did mine in his office and I watched him with gloves and a good sterile field take the implant out of the sealed container and put it straight into my jaw, so I doubt mine was contaminated.

Drains, on my! How horrible.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t need a TKR!!!!! Second opinions are amazing! I have plenty of room and cartilage left and my main problem is torn meniscus.

I need a scope to fix the mechanical issues (no blood flow to where it is torn, so they cut it out) and then they will do the stem cells and PRP at the same time while I’m under anest and he will also drain my baker’s cyst on the back of my knee.

The PRP and stems cells are $4900 out of pocket and he said he believes I am an excellent candidate for it and it very well may fix the mild arthritis I have in that knee.

So we are going to wait until mid August to accommodate my vacation schedule because while the scope is a quick recovery, I will need 3x a week PT for a while.

I’m so excited.:appl: I showed DH pics I took of my knees and he was also like oh heck you don’t need a TKR.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is fabulous news, whitewave! I am so happy for you. Thinking you need a knee replacement and finding out you have a torn meniscus is fabulous. Years ago I went to HSS (the Hospital for Special Surgery) because my right knee hurt and I feared I had arthritis. I had been flying a kite on a beach. I had apparently slightly torn my meniscus. I had great cartilage in both knees. What a relief!

Good for you!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is fabulous news, whitewave! I am so happy for you. Thinking you need a knee replacement and finding out you have a torn meniscus is fabulous. Years ago I went to HSS (the Hospital for Special Surgery) because my right knee hurt and I feared I had arthritis. I had been flying a kite on a beach. I had apparently slightly torn my meniscus. I had great cartilage in both knees. What a relief!

Good for you!!!

Yes, I am so very relieved.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results