shape
carat
color
clarity

I’m resetting my tapered baguette setting..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
so Beautiful! I love the delicate milgrain, just a bit of whimsy but still classic!
Thank you @D&T! I like the milgrain too..I wasn’t sure and a little nervous..but I love it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MissGotRocks Thank you! I’m so relieved that I didn’t mess up again! Three strikes to get it right! :lol:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love your new ring mama bean! Libby is beautiful and such a classic setting! I love the adjustments you made. :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it @Mamabean sorry you have to send the aquamarine back but it looks inferior to the gorgeous setting imho.

Your pix are wonderful girl!!! so glad you got it today. :love::love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow @Mamabean, it looks fabulous!!! :love::love::love: Your diamond always looked pretty but it has come alive in this setting; it looks bigger and more sparkly. It turned out beautifully! Good call on your part. :clap: Are you happy with the milgrain? It looks perfect in the pics. Too bad about the aquamarine, darn that pesky window.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it @Mamabean sorry you have to send the aquamarine back but it looks inferior to the gorgeous setting imho.

Your pix are wonderful girl!!! so glad you got it today. :love::love:
Thank you @Tekate! I just don’t know what to put in it...I’m debating about putting an unmentionable in it until I can find the perfect stone. David said he could then pop it out and he can set what I find. I’m thinking of maybe an OEC diamond...in a lower color...but not sure how it would look with the H color baguettes.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow @Mamabean, it looks fabulous!!! :love::love::love: Your diamond always looked pretty but it has come alive in this setting; it looks bigger and more sparkly. It turned out beautifully! Good call on your part. :clap: Are you happy with the milgrain? It looks perfect in the pics. Too bad about the aquamarine, darn that pesky window.
Thank you @junebug! I’m really happy with the milgrain. It’s very fine in person. She sparkles more in this setting because more light gets to her...and she appears bigger now.
I have no idea what to put in the previous setting now. I would love a gemstone but don’t know anything about how to avoid a window..and I also don’t want to spend too much...;-)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be cool! the stones all would pop! great idea girl.

Thank you @Tekate! I just don’t know what to put in it...I’m debating about putting an unmentionable in it until I can find the perfect stone. David said he could then pop it out and he can set what I find. I’m thinking of maybe an OEC diamond...in a lower color...but not sure how it would look with the H color baguettes.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @junebug! I’m really happy with the milgrain. It’s very fine in person. She sparkles more in this setting because more light gets to her...and she appears bigger now.
I have no idea what to put in the previous setting now. I would love a gemstone but don’t know anything about how to avoid a window..and I also don’t want to spend too much...;-)

There are a list of gemstone vendors in the Colored Stones forum @Mambean, you could browse around and see if you find anything. Most of the stones are pretty well cut. Finding a gemstone for an existing setting can be a bit tricky sometimes because a lot of gemstones are fairly deep and might not fit in the setting.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are a list of gemstone vendors in the Colored Stones forum @Mambean, you could browse around and see if you find anything. Most of the stones are pretty well cut. Finding a gemstone for an existing setting can be a bit tricky sometimes because a lot of gemstones are fairly deep and might not fit in the setting.
Thank you @junebug17! I never thought about the depth...I also don’t want to spend too much either...I just would like a pretty stone without a window..but it doesn’t have to be perfect. I like lighter colored gemstones better..which I know is the least desirable...so that’s one thing in my favor!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Looking forward to your smtb thread and to all the different stacks you will be rotating!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I want a 6 prongs on my diamond. What a difference!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! :appl::appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7B52A0D7-A7AA-4971-B87E-9FFCAFC1A30B.jpeg CD5A5923-AA32-418D-9700-8E8B40402B4E.jpeg 02720495-3770-4AEB-BADD-9100B8438CB0.jpeg C5E530A8-4B87-478B-B6E4-13B70D3A2742.jpeg D7F03916-B0CC-47FF-8C17-873391AFBD41.jpeg E2915F1E-C9C9-49E7-BB64-7C7C7BA2C017.jpeg Libby is here and she looks beautiful! I’m also adding my previous four prong setting that David set with new diamond baguettes and an aquamarine he found for me. The aquamarine is going back because of a huge window in the center..but the diamond baguettes are beautiful...Anyway..It’s amazing the difference in visual size between the four prong and the new six prong setting. The baguettes even look bigger with the baby milgrain which I love. The profile is a bit higher but is more out there so I can see all of her because the head is separated and the cathedral shrink setting is gone. I’m soooooo happy! :appl:
Here’s Libby!

Stunning!!!:love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Looking forward to your smtb thread and to all the different stacks you will be rotating!
Thank you @nala! It’s chunkier so hope I can find something to wear with it..:twisted2: I really don’t need any more bands..:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now I want a 6 prongs on my diamond. What a difference!
Thank you @marcy! She shrunk in that last setting...but this is how she looked in the setting before that because it also had six prongs. That setting was too high though...This height is perfect for me. It does look bigger..:appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!:love:
Thank you @missy! Now I’m looking at diamond OEC’s....Haha...but probably not for a while. I’m sticking an unmentionable in it until I find one. I will probably do a warmer one..:roll2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @missy! Now I’m looking at diamond OEC’s....Haha...but probably not for a while. I’m sticking an unmentionable in it until I find one. I will probably do a warmer one..:roll2:

What's your favorite color mama bean? Maybe you could find a gem in your favorite color? I could see a pretty pink spinel in there...:geek2:
I really love your new ring, the 6 prongs really make a difference. :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What's your favorite color mama bean? Maybe you could find a gem in your favorite color? I could see a pretty pink spinel in there...:geek2:
I really love your new ring, the 6 prongs really make a difference. :love:
Thank you @bling_dream19 My favorite colors are blue and pink. The setting is shallow so I have to be careful with the depth. I need an 8mm with a depth no deeper than 5.08mm. That will be hard...:confused2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Side by side shot shows more difference than I expected. Great choice to do so
Setting is beautiful for your lovely stone. Looks fantastic on you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Side by side shot shows more difference than I expected. Great choice to do so
Setting is beautiful for your lovely stone. Looks fantastic on you!
Thank you @Rfisher...It really makes a huge difference in person too that doesn’t translate to a photo...

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
It looks AMAZING on the hand!
Isn’t amazing how a setting can change the diamond? You made a great decision doing this.
I think a colored gem is perfect for the old setting since color has a way to not be swallowed by the white metal and white diamonds.
It’s going to be a while but this is making me excited to start on my setting that will be SO similar!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks AMAZING on the hand!
Isn’t amazing how a setting can change the diamond? You made a great decision doing this.
I think a colored gem is perfect for the old setting since color has a way to not be swallowed by the white metal and white diamonds.
It’s going to be a while but this is making me excited to start on my setting that will be SO similar!
Thank you @JrJ! I agree about setting it with a gemstone. It will take me a while to find a gemstone with a shallower depth...That setting is looooowww...;)2 I’m going to set it with a blue colored unmentionable to see what color to get...
I can’t wait to see yours when you decide to do it!

Last edited:

BMI

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @JPie! I can’t tell you how much of a difference it made in the sparkle! The other setting with the stabilizing bars covering her...and how sunk in she was...reduced her capacity to sparkle..I’m enjoying looking at her from the side now because she looks so white..like a drop of crystal clear water. I’m so happy I went ahead with the same type of setting with the extra tweaks. It took me almost a full year to figure out why I was unhappy with it. David nailed it as usual.
YAY!!! Lentil has been LIBERATED! It's like Lentil was in a cocoon and now Libby is free like a butterfly to spread her beauty in every direction! :dance: I love the new setting and I'm so happy for you Mamabean!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Lentil has been LIBERATED! It's like Lentil was in a cocoon and now Libby is free like a butterfly to spread her beauty in every direction! :dance: I love the new setting and I'm so happy for you Mamabean!
Thank you @BMI! You named her! She didn’t like when I called her Lentil! :lol:

Reactions: BMI

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I would update what I did with my previous setting that was saved...David found me new tapered diamond baguettes in vs h color. He used my really well cut ones in my reset. These are a little slimmer but were able to be set in the setting nicely. I’ve been having a really hard time finding a gem to put in the setting because it’s so low profile. Most gems are deeper than my diamond was...I was reaching out to everyone...I decided to have it set with a temporary Swiss blue topaz from Mastercut Gems. This way I can get my setting back from David and look leisurely for a gem. I’ll be happy to get my setting back. I’m so grateful @SimoneDi for nudging me to keep my setting. I’ll share a pic when it’s done..:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results