shape
carat
color
clarity

I’m resetting my tapered baguette setting..

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay...I love the height of my new setting..and everything about it...but the milgrain and the thick bezel around the baguettes are bothering me. I would also want the points to be softened. If I had to do it again I would just prong set the baguettes and do without the bezel. I just emailed David. I’m certifiable crazy...or I’m a PS’er..hahaha TBC unfortunately..

I get you! I just had David make me a ring very similar to D&T’s Ball of Sunshine setting and when I got it something just wasn’t right. It just seemed too thin and the side diamonds were tiny. I haven’t had side diamonds in a long time and I just want more ooph! Lol!
I did email him right away and he not only remade my ring in less than a week, but he even sent it to me before adding the final details to make sure I was happy with it. Who does that? He’s amazing.
I just sent him back both the new ring and the current ring this Monday. Crossing my fingers it won’t take too long to set my diamond in the new setting and finish the details. My birthday is Nov. 17th so I’m hoping to wear it but I also don’t want to rush anything.
Excited for us both!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get you! I just had David make me a ring very similar to D&T’s Ball of Sunshine setting and when I got it something just wasn’t right. It just seemed too thin and the side diamonds were tiny. I haven’t had side diamonds in a long time and I just want more ooph! Lol!
I did email him right away and he not only remade my ring in less than a week, but he even sent it to me before adding the final details to make sure I was happy with it. Who does that? He’s amazing.
I just sent him back both the new ring and the current ring this Monday. Crossing my fingers it won’t take too long to set my diamond in the new setting and finish the details. My birthday is Nov. 17th so I’m hoping to wear it but I also don’t want to rush anything.
Excited for us both!
I’m happy for you!!! It will be a great birthday! I hope mine doesn’t take long either..
He is amazing...

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The reset is done! David put slimmer tapered baguettes in the new setting. He put the chunkier ones back in my original setting..I’m so relieved...I didn’t like the milgrain bezel chunky baguettes...I also asked him to make the shank slimmer like my second reset..whew!
I should get it next week!
EAFD69ED-4BAD-480C-A887-4D9D2F146426.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
The reset is done! David put slimmer tapered baguettes in the new setting. He put the chunkier ones back in my original setting..I’m so relieved...I didn’t like the milgrain bezel chunky baguettes...I also asked him to make the shank slimmer like my second reset..whew!

I LOVE it!!! Libby looks huge and your setting is so classic with the slim shank and dreamy baguettes! Soo happy for you and you are showing us to keep trying til we get it right. I can't wait to see it on your finger!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it!!! Libby looks huge and your setting is so classic with the slim shank and dreamy baguettes! Soo happy for you and you are showing us to keep trying til we get it right. I can't wait to see it on your finger!

Thank you @bling_dream19! I don’t know about hand shots! My normally ugly hands start bleeding and get chapped in cold weather! Lol

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! I’m sure you can’t wait to get it!
My recast is done too! I went the opposite and asked for a beefier shank than the one I had previously. I’m suppose to get my ring tomorrow.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great! I’m sure you can’t wait to get it!
My recast is done too! I went the opposite and asked for a beefier shank than the one I had previously. I’m suppose the get my ring tomorrow.

I’m so happy for you @Kayla! I hope you love it! Please post pics!
I’m having it sent to FedEx for pickup because I didn’t know when it would get here. We’re heading for Maryland on Friday..As it turns out..it should get there before 12 on Friday. I’ll swing by there to get it before we leave!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy for you @Kayla! I hope you love it! Please post pics!
I’m having it sent to FedEx for pickup because I didn’t know when it would get here. We’re heading for Maryland on Friday..As it turns out..it should get there before 12 on Friday. I’ll swing by there to get it before we leave!

Yes! Definitely swing by! I know I would. Usually next day delivers by 10 am. I’m excited for us both!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! What a world of difference your changes have made! I think this is goldilocks "just right"!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your Libby looks perfect with the smaller bags. I also love the six prongs and the height and shank look fabulous! Can’t wait to see it on your hand. :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your Libby looks perfect with the smaller bags. I also love the six prongs and the height and shank look fabulous! Can’t wait to see it on your hand. :)

Thanks @Slick1! I think the slimmer shank also makes it more proportional..I miss Libby!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean -

I'm thinking it and it's no good saying it after your ring arrives, so please forgive me if this is not the sort of feedback you want to hear.

I think the wraps at the end of the baguettes need to be slimmed. They protrude a fair bit north and south of the band when you're looking at your ring face on. I'd be asking them to slim them down, but that's my taste. I've gotten a sense of your aesthetic while watching you do numerous projects, and my gut feeling is that, if those wraps stick out, it will affect you in a similar way that the large bezels did. Make sure you're not going from the frying pan...back into the frying pan.

And if you love it the way it is - your choice and good for you! Taste is subjective and I'm gonna be pleased for you so long as *you* like it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean -

I'm thinking it and it's no good saying it after your ring arrives, so please forgive me if this is not the sort of feedback you want to hear.

I think the wraps at the end of the baguettes need to be slimmed. They protrude a fair bit north and south of the band when you're looking at your ring face on. I'd be asking them to slim them down, but that's my taste. I've gotten a sense of your aesthetic while watching you do numerous projects, and my gut feeling is that, if those wraps stick out, it will affect you in a similar way that the large bezels did. Make sure you're not going from the frying pan...back into the frying pan.

And if you love it the way it is - your choice and good for you! Taste is subjective and I'm gonna be pleased for you so long as *you* like it.

Omg @mrs-b..I think you read my mind! I already said yes..paid..and was looking at the wraps before I went to bed..and panicked. Amy already sent me shipping info..but hope they still have the physical package. I sent him an email..hoping I can catch it before it went out. I never called him but this may be the first time..It’s a little after 2 in the AM so you can see I’m nervous! TBC!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean -

@mrs-b I think I sent him three or four emails since last night...I blew the photo up and realized he prong set them... I also blew up a photo of my previous setting which now has been set with a temporary Swiss blue topaz. I didn’t mind that baguette setting..The north and south bars look similiar. Here’s a photo..I’m going to call him or Amy in the morning.He will think I’m certifiably nuts..which may be the case in this situation. This is the side view of the new setting.If he thins it the whole setting would be out of balance from the side... Poor David..haha
3377EE34-572D-44BD-B63B-6E4A380773FE.jpeg 1400EEE7-85B4-4190-820C-A3183D99AE8E.jpeg

Attachments

• A94042B0-35F1-4032-87B8-E19D4F38D658.jpeg
    A94042B0-35F1-4032-87B8-E19D4F38D658.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So...They are already on the way because I can see from the tracking that they are in Memphis. I probably won’t call now...I think they will be okay but I won’t know until it gets here on Friday. If you look at the side view it’s the same width as the cup..I’ll know it when I see it!

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is why I love working with David..
040A7C55-7D68-484F-AFE9-5354D12435F8.jpeg

L

lydial

@Mamabean and @mrs-b ... having been down this road of tapered baguette 3 stones thrice myself before I have been watching this thread. Exciting remake! So, I actually think the slightest prominence of the wraps and prongs on the baguettes balance the slightly beefier 6 tabbed prongs on the center stone in a very elegant manner. I am highly curious to see how it looks IRL to you. It lends a little futuristic element to an old classic.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean and @mrs-b ... having been down this road of tapered baguette 3 stones thrice myself before I have been watching this thread. Exciting remake! So, I actually think the slightest prominence of the wraps and prongs on the baguettes balance the slightly beefier 6 tabbed prongs on the center stone in a very elegant manner. I am highly curious to see how it looks IRL to you. It lends a little futuristic element to an old classic.

Thank you @lydial! I think it’s going to be fine..I thought they were wraps..They’re prong set which I didn’t expect but I think I like it after blowing up the photo. Everything looks so huge up close..I’m anxious to see it in real life!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Your old setting holds the baguettes in 'nothing' by the main stone's basket, this WWW has 'nothing' at their meeting the shank [I see the slight bulge of the shank - perhaps supporting the necessary groove better, and a slightly heftier casettes under the baguettes]

These are versions of construction to me, not faults.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your old setting holds the baguettes in 'nothing' by the main stone's basket, this WWW has 'nothing' at their meeting the shank [I see the slight bulge of the shank - perhaps supporting the necessary groove better, and a slightly heftier casette under the baguettes]

These are versions of construction to me, not faults.

Yes..This is what I though he was doing because I’m terrible at explaining every detail to him. My very first setting had the baguette flush with the shank. I think I may like David’s version but I won’t know until tomorrow!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely wait until you see the ring. I wasn’t crazy about the pictures of my ring also. Everything looks so different in real life. I also opted to have pave diamonds added to the shoulders so it’s something I have to get used to and they looked so big in the pictures. In real life they are just the right size.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am in the parking lot of FedEx lol! I LOVE THIS SETTING! These are horrible shots..The prongs look so much smaller in person. I actually like the prong set baguettes better than the flush baguettes I thought I wanted from the first setting!
I’m soooooooo happy! 22FD4BAB-2B34-4D22-968C-B8B1A1C3B85F.jpeg 428EF303-551F-465D-BCB8-0C2147A7D177.jpeg A44ABFDF-6A87-44CD-B2F4-82C0FFF8872E.jpeg 66DE8A0B-DB9A-4E62-881C-11CA192321FA.jpeg C94A44E9-85D6-40EE-8C3D-E7FB6D3A1168.png

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
I am in the parking lot of FedEx lol! I LOVE THIS SETTING! These are horrible shots..The prongs look so much smaller in person. I actually like the prong set baguettes better than the flush baguettes I thought I wanted from the first setting!
I’m soooooooo happy! 22FD4BAB-2B34-4D22-968C-B8B1A1C3B85F.jpeg 428EF303-551F-465D-BCB8-0C2147A7D177.jpeg A44ABFDF-6A87-44CD-B2F4-82C0FFF8872E.jpeg 66DE8A0B-DB9A-4E62-881C-11CA192321FA.jpeg C94A44E9-85D6-40EE-8C3D-E7FB6D3A1168.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

I LOVE IT @Mamabean !!! It looks gorgeous on you. The baguettes are perfect and I adore your 6 prong and Libby is stunning! You did it girl congratulations!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results