shape
carat
color
clarity

Hypocrisy in a Pantsuit

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
HRC holds up a Trump tie complaining that it was made in China, while wearing her designer pantsuit made overseas. Her typical attire is a 3K to 15k paintsuit made in China and other foreign countries.

Trump gives his economic address today. Don't know how well he will communicate his plan, but his plan includes cutting taxes (and loopholes) for everyone, most importantly businesses while freezing regulations. This should result in bringing jobs back.

This is a short debate (not comprehensive) on two economic views. Little agreement there, just as I doubt there's much agreement here.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/08/07/stephen_moore_vs_paul_krugman_obama-paul_krugman_model_has_failed.html

BTW, I don't care how much Clinton spends on clothing. She's rich thanks to Wallstreet and billionaire foreigners and can afford it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1470672060|4063544 said:

Not anymore. And it is likely that the raw material from Mclemore's line is not produced in the US as most raw material is produced elsewhere and maybe assembled in the US.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/05/hillarys-extravagant-campaign-wardrobe-costs-at-least-200k/

excerpt:

It’s a marked shift from Clinton’s 2008 run, when she regularly recycled outfits such as blue-and-tangerine pantsuits from DC-based designer Nina McLemore. But just like Clinton’s fashion choices of the past, the makeover could turn out to be divisive. On one side will be those who say it’s an appropriate expense for Clinton, given that she’s in the unprecedented position of running for president as a woman — and looking the part is crucial to her success. On the other side are those who will see her spending as being out of touch with her message.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1470669939|4063538 said:
HRC holds up a Trump tie complaining that it was made in China, while wearing her designer pantsuit made overseas. Her typical attire is a 3K to 15k paintsuit made in China and other foreign countries.

Trump gives his economic address today. Don't know how well he will communicate his plan, but his plan includes cutting taxes (and loopholes) for everyone, most importantly businesses while freezing regulations. This should result in bringing jobs back.

This is a short debate (not comprehensive) on two economic views. Little agreement there, just as I doubt there's much agreement here.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/08/07/stephen_moore_vs_paul_krugman_obama-paul_krugman_model_has_failed.html

BTW, I don't care how much Clinton spends on clothing. She's rich thanks to Wallstreet and billionaire foreigners and can afford it.

Trumponomics.. who's going to pay for all the wonderful things Trump wants to do? This is quite a different world than the world of Ronnie Reagan.. The benefits of Trumponomics are again the rich and powerful, wall street. He's going to revamp the VA, where is all this money to come from? He's insane.

http://www.wptz.com/money/trumponomics-in-2-minutes/41100068

Oops forgot, Melania Trump is a chanel buyer and Ivanka Kushner(nee Trump) has all her clothes from her business made in China and Malaysia.. HIllary and Bill did NOT inherit their money.. they earned it the American way by speaking.. as have other presidents.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1470674448|4063553 said:

Trumponomics.. who's going to pay for all the wonderful things Trump wants to do? This is quite a different world than the world of Ronnie Reagan.. The benefits of Trumponomics are again the rich and powerful, wall street. He's going to revamp the VA, where is all this money to come from? He's insane.

Oops forgot, Melania Trump is a chanel buyer and Ivanka Kushner(nee Trump) has all her clothes from her business made in China and Malaysia.. HIllary and Bill did NOT inherit their money.. they earned it the American way by speaking.. as have other presidents.

And what is going to happen when she raises the minimum wage to $15? Fewer jobs because small businesses cannot afford to pay $15 and keep the same amount of staff. More automated tellers and ordering at the local McD's. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Plus add the increased cost coming next year to businesses for Obamacare.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Clintons earned their money by speaking to Wallstreet (release the speeches) and foreign powers with oppressive governments.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The point isn't that he is wearing clothes made in other countries but he is manufacturing clothes and other items overseas. He's shouting to white middle America about jobs being moved overseas while making his money from factoriesoverseas. That's the hypocrisy.

However, I do not think Hillary needs to harp on this issue, as it's become common practice in the US.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1470675445|4063560 said:
The point isn't that he is wearing clothes made in other countries but he is manufacturing clothes and other items overseas. He's shouting to white middle America about jobs being moved overseas while making his money from factories overseas. That's the hypocrisy.
This!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470674927|4063555 said:
Tekate|1470674448|4063553 said:

And what is going to happen when she raises the minimum wage to $15? Fewer jobs because small businesses cannot afford to pay $15 and keep the same amount of staff. More automated tellers and ordering at the local McD's. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Plus add the increased cost coming next year to businesses for Obamacare.

No one knows for sure but I have read that there is no agreement by economists. When you increase the pay of the lower end of the income level they will spend more, buy more, increase demand, I wasn't an econ major but I do know that whenever I received a raise at IBM I was pleased and boughtmore. We need a single payer health system, it's really quite simple. Did you stop to think that we as taxpayers support non profits? since non profits don't pay taxes, we subsidize them, I would love to see non profits taxed, that could help. The biggest killer of jobs has been technology, that is a given, it's not going away and it's going to get worse or better depending on how one looks at it. Robots will be performing surgery soon (some already).. software can

interesting read on the raising of minimum wage in NH.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/georgeanders/2016/07/26/is-tech-killing-u-s-jobs-the-actual-data-is-surprising/#4a65f2df1d96

so long lawyers
http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/28/technology/innovation/robot-lawyers/

robotic surgery
http://uchealth.com/services/robotic-surgery/patient-information/benefits/

with software and hardware new jobs will be formed but one wont be a high school graduate for those.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My local area cannot afford a minimum wage of $15 or even $12. Would the workers like to be paid that? Sure but the local economy can't support it.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470688479|4063614 said:
My local area cannot afford a minimum wage of $15 or even $12. Would the workers like to be paid that? Sure but the local economy can't support it.

How do you know this?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1470697495|4063661 said:
redwood66|1470688479|4063614 said:

How do you know this?

Because I have had this discussion with many local small businesses. They are very good at making their voices heard. And once the Obamacare business requirement is fully set there will be many part time only jobs and fewer full time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1470682008|4063589 said:
No one knows for sure but I have read that there is no agreement by economists. When you increase the pay of the lower end of the income level they will spend more, buy more, increase demand, I wasn't an econ major but I do know that whenever I received a raise at IBM I was pleased and boughtmore. We need a single payer health system, it's really quite simple. Did you stop to think that we as taxpayers support non profits? since non profits don't pay taxes, we subsidize them, I would love to see non profits taxed, that could help. The biggest killer of jobs has been technology, that is a given, it's not going away and it's going to get worse or better depending on how one looks at it. Robots will be performing surgery soon (some already).. software can
Wrong!..The biggest job killer is the "not so affordable care act" AKA Obamacare.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results