shape
carat
color
clarity

HW micropave ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was in HW today and fell in love with their cushion micropave ring. I''m thinking of putting my RB in a similar setting. I know it won''t look the same, but I can''t afford the real thing right now. Thoughts?

Btw, for those of you who helped with my HW earring decision, I''ve settled on the middle size.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 9:53:01 PM
Author:Harriet
I was in HW today and fell in love with their cushion micropave ring. I''m thinking of putting my RB in a similar setting. I know it won''t look the same, but I can''t afford the real thing right now. Thoughts?

Btw, for those of you who helped with my HW earring decision, I''ve settled on the middle size.
Oooh, can''t wait to see the earrings!! The middle size will be awesome. Can we see a pic of the setting you saw today?? I don''t think I''ve seen it. Bet Leon could do it for you easily, as he is the master of micro pave.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 10:13:11 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 2/24/2007 9:53:01 PM
Author:Harriet
I was in HW today and fell in love with their cushion micropave ring. I'm thinking of putting my RB in a similar setting. I know it won't look the same, but I can't afford the real thing right now. Thoughts?

Btw, for those of you who helped with my HW earring decision, I've settled on the middle size.
Oooh, can't wait to see the earrings!! The middle size will be awesome. Can we see a pic of the setting you saw today?? I don't think I've seen it. Bet Leon could do it for you easily, as he is the master of micro pave.
There's no url to copy, but it's in their e-ring section. Would be great if you could get the link.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
Mark Turnowski with Engagmentringsdirect.com makes a pretty close copy. He originally made one for winnie and many have had the winnie recreated for their own settings (my own currently in the process!!)...
see links below

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-cut-mircropave-ring-by-mark-turnowski.36661/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-this-weekend-winston-inspired-cusion-in-pave-setting.52354/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-cushion-cut-micropave-ring-by-mark-turnowski.38944/

angeline

Ideal_Rock
is this it? it''s beautiful...

hw_m_pave.png

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it''s so gorgeous. Very dainty but makes the stone pop. I wouldn''t say no to a ring like that... stunning.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is beautiful and I agree with the suggestions for Leon or Mark T to make a smililar setting. I do also suggest you go and try on some halo rings with round diamonds. it''s going to be a different look than the halo on the cushion and I honestly am not a big fan of haloing rounds, and with a large diamond they look more cocktail ring to me. Of course with your stone any setting will be gorgeous and if you love the look go for it, love that HW setting..

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all.

Mrssalvo,
I''m not sure about haloing an RB either. Now, I''m thinking of having one of these guys make me a micropave setting without the halo. Anyone have pictures?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet.

Congrats on the earring purchase - I bet they look gorgeous on you! Can you take an earlobe shot? Maybe? Pretty please?
5.gif

I''m a little confused and may have missed some posts, but I thought you were going to get another stone? I thought you were thinking of a higher color?

I ask because if you are going to change the diamond, would the halo may mean you can''t re-use the setting? I hate to see you spend a lot of time, money and thought on a setting that you couldn''t use again. If you went micropave on the band and prongs for the diamond, perhaps you could re-use it if/when you get a new diamond.

Just a thought....

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/new-2-48-cushion-w-pave-setting-by-mark-t-erd-t55339.html

-- a micropave band w/o halo... also by ERD

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 11:36:56 AM
Author: starryeyed
Hi Harriet.

Congrats on the earring purchase - I bet they look gorgeous on you! Can you take an earlobe shot? Maybe? Pretty please?
5.gif

I'm a little confused and may have missed some posts, but I thought you were going to get another stone? I thought you were thinking of a higher color?

I ask because if you are going to change the diamond, would the halo may mean you can't re-use the setting? I hate to see you spend a lot of time, money and thought on a setting that you couldn't use again. If you went micropave on the band and prongs for the diamond, perhaps you could re-use it if/when you get a new diamond.

Just a thought....
Hi Enabler,

I won't get them till my birthday. So, you'll have to wait for pictures (at least this time you can't be mean about my nailbiting
1.gif
).

WF is looking for another stone for me, but it might take a while. If I don't do the halo, but just a micropave band, can I re-use the setting?

That HW ring is stunning. Then again, we were shown a 3 carat, D colour one!

Btw, I'm afraid I've added something to my wishlist besides the HW ring.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Ha-ha! Harriet you''re funny! I hope your birthday is soon! You have stopped biting your nails, right??
2.gif

I don''t want to tell you the wrong thing about the setting, but a halo sounds like it''s made for a specific stone, whereas a basket setting may have some wiggle room if you change stones. You may want to ask a professional.

As I''m finding out, pave is expensive and it would be a shame if you couldn''t re-use it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
harriet,

you can reuse a pave a setting a lot of times, sometimes even changing out the head to accomodate a larger stone, but each ring is different so you''d have to be sure you could do it with the ring you want.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Harriet, I agree with those who said a halo on a 3 ct. rb would look more like a cocktail ring than an e-ring. So I support your idea if the micropave setting without the halo. Besides Leon Mege, you might want to look at Michael B. He makes some outstanding settings as well. But under no circumstances would I reset your current stone now if you think you will upgrade it. I just feel like the setting needs to be made to fit the exact stone and it is not good to remove the original stone and replace it with another one that likely will not be the exact same size. I''d keep your Tiffany repro setting for this stone and wait until you upgrade the diamond and then get your dream setting!

Pearlman''s carries the Michael B if you want to see some of those. I''m sure the pictures don''t do them justice, though. More of Leon''s designs can be seen on his artofplatinum.com site.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS,

You might be right.

The fiance said to wait for the real thing, but I''m an impatient one. One option would be to recreate the HW ring, but with a coloured cushion.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 2:01:17 PM
Author: Harriet
DS,

You might be right.

The fiance said to wait for the real thing, but I''m an impatient one. One option would be to recreate the HW ring, but with a coloured cushion.

Harriet. I love spending you money. I really do. If you want to get a nice colored cushion in a halo like that... by all means, we would love to help you (and honestly I''d just tell you to call Leon up and have him source it all for you... colored stone and all)... but, um...
7.gif
is this jewelry compulsion a um... compulsion?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nah, it''s just a hobby (blame Starryeyed).

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 2:15:38 PM
Wait a minute....
2.gif

Ha-ha, it''s true, I''m an enabler. If it were up to me, Harriet would have one of everything from HW! And then I''d have to borrow from her!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 2:20:26 PM
Author: starryeyed

Date: 2/25/2007 2:15:38 PM
Wait a minute....
2.gif

Ha-ha, it''s true, I''m an enabler. If it were up to me, Harriet would have one of everything from HW! And then I''d have to borrow from her!
2.gif
Remember who''s the one with the collection!

Um, I''m thinking of buying the Cartier trinity ring.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 2:23:20 PM
Oo-oo-oo!
18.gif
Which one?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The simplest, skinniest one. What do you think?

widget

Ideal_Rock

Hey Harriet, you sound like a girl after my own heart! Compulsion? Nah!

I just posted about the Cartier Trinity ring in the lottery thread, but with a couple of ''friends''.

BTW..regarding the title of this thread...there is a rumor (don''t know if it''s true) that Leon actually does work for HW sometimes. If it''s true, and you go with him, then you''ll actually have an "HW", only without the signature!
1.gif

widget

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 2:41:58 PM
Author: widget

Hey Harriet, you sound like a girl after my own heart! Compulsion? Nah!

I just posted about the Cartier Trinity ring in the lottery thread, but with a couple of ''friends''.

BTW..regarding the title of this thread...there is a rumor (don''t know if it''s true) that Leon actually does work for HW sometimes. If it''s true, and you go with him, then you''ll actually have an ''HW'', only without the signature!
1.gif

widget
Interesting -- I don''t care about the name, just the craftsmanship.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just came back from NY...stopped into Harry Winston''s...tried on some amazing diamond necklaces...my mind is spinning now...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 2:34:33 PM
The simplest, skinniest one. What do you think?
Harriet, are you talking about the one that is a single band with the trinity ball hanging off it? Or are you talking about a basic tri-colored rolling ring?

My favorite is the one that is all WG with channel-set diamonds. There''s one on Signed Pieces right now, but I''m not clear about the size. SP calls it a 4.5, but the inside is stamped 51. A 4.5 is more like a 48; 51 is more like 5.25 roughly.

Cartier Rolling Ring $5700

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The basic tri-gold one to use as a rhr.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results