shape
carat
color
clarity

hurricane gustav

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i didn''t want to clutter the happy labor day thread with all my sad gustav stuff. but, i wanted to say that my husband and i and our dogggie are safe. we did board up the house and are praying for the best. everything is looking so terrible, though. category 3 already and it''s not even in the gulf. this completely stinks. but again, we are safe and that''s what really matters.

those of y''all who are the praying type, please say a little prayer. i hope this storms looses a lot of stream and downgrades.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Gosh jcrow, I''m scared for you! I''ll be keeping you and everyone there in my thoughts. Stay safe!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, jcrow, I''ll be thinking of you guys!

Stay safe

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, JCrow, I will be thinking & praying for you and your DH during this difficult time. I hope everything is ok!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow keeping you, your DH, your family, and of course you doggie as well in my prayers! ((hugs))

snlee

Ideal_Rock
jcrow, thanks for the update. I''ve been thinking of you and will continue to do so. I hope everything turns out okay. Please stay safe.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
urgh. it''s a category 4 now.
7.gif
it''s predicted to strengthen to a 5, but hopefully die down a bit before impact.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
stay safe, jcrow! I''m glad you are already firmly out of the way of the storm. Hoping your house stays safe too...

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi jcrow! Be safe! I very worried also - it''s a very scary storm - almost has that same feeling as Andrew had so many years ago. I''m not liking this situation at all. DH and I have been preparing since Wednesday. There is just a nervous feeling all around...

I''m mainly worried about my parents and their home - they are 30 miles south of us - so will be in the brunt of the storm surge as they were with Rita
15.gif

Please be safe! Touch base after the storm passes and power comes back on!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
jcrow, we are in Houston and honestly don''t think anyone knows where it might make landfall. But I am glad you will be safe and made the best decision
based on the news reports.
A friend just called me and said she was hearing reports that gas is getting low here in the Houston area. Scary.
I''ve been through many hurricanes. Alicia put 5 trees on our house, no elec. for 5 days and of course damage to our house.
Prayers for all in it''s path.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jcow,
Thanks for checking in, this is scary. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. I am glad you got out now, I hope your house will be ok.
12.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Praying for the people of Louisiana here, thinking of you Jcrow!!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
jcrow, I''m glad you''re out and in a safe place. My parents are leaving NOLA in the morning for my aunt''s house in Mississippi. I''m hoping for the best for the Gulf coast.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you and your husband (and your dog)...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 6:44:00 PM
Author: Cleopatra
Hi jcrow! Be safe! I very worried also - it''s a very scary storm - almost has that same feeling as Andrew had so many years ago. I''m not liking this situation at all. DH and I have been preparing since Wednesday. There is just a nervous feeling all around...

I''m mainly worried about my parents and their home - they are 30 miles south of us - so will be in the brunt of the storm surge as they were with Rita
15.gif

Please be safe! Touch base after the storm passes and power comes back on!!

i was wondering about you. are you and your husband staying in town?
where we are we should have power throughout the storm, so i should be online a bit.

urgh, and then there''s hannah right after gustav and another storm behind that.
40.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Yes - we are staying for the storm - as much as it pains me to say that. Although, I do feel as though we are more prepared for this storm than any other previous one - even though it looks to be a doozy. We''ll see I guess...
20.gif

At this time, I''m simply praying for a change in path, a decrease in strength, and for Hannah to stay the hell away!
29.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh cleo! please be careful. last i read they are expecting it to land as a cat 4 and then brush across the state as a lower cat storm.
4. yikes. that scares the crap out of me.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
It definitely scares me too - My family and I have always ridden out storms and I feel as though this one sort of crept up on us - we were not ready to leave as we should have been - we don''t really have anywhere to go up North as all family lives in this area. All hotels are booked - All roads are cramped - it''s just a bad situation - we may see what the storm looks like tomorrow and what direction it may be taking - we plan to be ready to make a split second decision - just waiting for roads to clear and an idea of where to go!
40.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
def. scary. i don''t ever recall our town being vol. evacuation before.
most of my family went to arkansas. i''ve been reading online that there are places up there to go still.
my grandparents and mom are the only family that stayed. i''m scared to pieces for them.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
jcrow, I am praying that you and your family will be safe.

Linda

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrow, you and your family are in my thoughts. Please stay safe.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrow: keeping u in my prayers (and ur family)..

Cleo: thinking of you as well and wishing u and ur family safety...

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I am about 75 miles inland, but I am staying. This is my first hurricane, but it is supposed to head a little west of here. I am just hoping it decreases in strength. I am prepared as I know how to though.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
gosh blackpolkadot. hurricanes are no fun no matter how you look at them. growing up, i''ve been through many. lilly took the roof off of the apartment i was living in
23.gif
thank goodness i wasn''t inside when it happened!

stay safe and take care! i''ll keep you in my thoughts.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Miss JCrow, you''ve been on my mind a LOT during these past several days. I''ve been wondering if you were in an area likely to be affected.

I''ll be praying for you and K to stay safe and that your home/community will come through unscathed as well.

Much love and best wishes,
Alj

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow. Best of luck with everything. I''ll be thinking of you and your husband throughout the day, and pup, of course.

Well, checking in here from Clearlake, and we are out of gas. No, not my family... I mean the city. My visiting parents went this morning to fill up and 2 gas stations were already out of gas at 7 this morning, which was 3 hours ago. I''m looking outside at a gorgeous 90 degree day, and the sun is glistening off the bay. However, I''m inside waiting for a call from work, to see if I need to pack my bag and head to Dallas to work for the week.
8.gif
I''m pretty sure that we are just going to be looking at lots and lots of rain here.

I''m just hoping that my parents can get out of town, before 45N becomes a parking lot from people leaving Houston. I would like to think that most people are going to stop in Houston or Austin, rather than head that far north. Could make for a VERY long day. We shall see...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jcrow, be safe...this is scary, the same weekend a few years later...I hope it downgrades and does not hit hard...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 10:53:29 AM
Author: meresal
Jcrow. Best of luck with everything. I''ll be thinking of you and your husband throughout the day, and pup, of course.

Well, checking in here from Clearlake, and we are out of gas. No, not my family... I mean the city. My visiting parents went this morning to fill up and 2 gas stations were already out of gas at 7 this morning, which was 3 hours ago. I''m looking outside at a gorgeous 90 degree day, and the sun is glistening off the bay. However, I''m inside waiting for a call from work, to see if I need to pack my bag and head to Dallas to work for the week.
8.gif
I''m pretty sure that we are just going to be looking at lots and lots of rain here.

I''m just hoping that my parents can get out of town, before 45N becomes a parking lot from people leaving Houston. I would like to think that most people are going to stop in Houston or Austin, rather than head that far north. Could make for a VERY long day. We shall see...
Wow, Merasal, I need to check in with the local news! I''m in HOuston, close to IAH. No Gas???? Better go fill up, just in case.

my thoughts go out for all those who have to take shelter.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 10:53:29 AM
Author: meresal

8.gif

thanks for your thoughts.

wow. out of gas out there, too? we''ve been hearing lots of out-of-gas stories in louisiana as well.

i think people are stopping anywhere they can. i know my family headed to texarkana and arkansas. it will also depend on contraflow. what direction they take people.

stay safe! and i hope your parents are able to get out too!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ok, update...

Parents are staying until tomorrow morning, no evacuation for Houston. Work called and we''re all staying here, so no travel to Dallas for me. Again, I want to wish everyone the best and travel safely if your being evacuated.

Be sure to check in after the storm passes, however long it may be.
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results