shape
carat
color
clarity

Hurray for me! I''m engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
My story:
Background:
I had been dating my girlfriend for a 1 ¼ years when I got sent to the UK from the US. I think a long distance relationship will make or break a relationship quite quickly. You will either realize how really special the other person really was and miss them incessantly or you will find other things to do. That being said, the long distance is horrible and I don’t recommend it. So after several long months of being apart and not being able to see each other for various reasons we are finally together for the whole summer.

The Ring:
Being quite left-brained, I decided to research diamonds as much as possible before I bought on the internet. After searching several sites, I found Pricescope. Initially skeptical about buying online, I started to look at the vendors online as well as real jewelry stores. With low prices, abundant inventory and ample information, Good Old Gold eventually won out.

The Proposal:
I’ve made a big effort to try to make my girlfriend think that she wouldn’t get a ring until near the end of the year in order to keep some semblance of surprise. The weekend after she arrived for the summer, we went to Edinburgh. Between the main shopping street and Edinburgh Castle there is a big fountain. So I steered her over to take a look. Then I told her she should make a wish and that “the proper way to make a wish in a fountain was to stand with you back to the fountain, close your eyes, make your wish, and throw it over your shoulder.” So I got her to do that quite easily, but when she opened her eyes I was waiting on a knee with the ring and asked. We then went to dinner and then met some friends and partied the night away.

The Ring Part 2:

Okay, the ring is awe-inspiring. It is absolutely gorgeous and I must compliment Good Old Gold. It is a 1.15 carat H&A, G SI1 (GIA graded) 6.78*6.84*4.14. It is set in a platinum Precision Set 7970. After a while of awe and shock, when she asked the details, I made her guess what it was. She guessed at 1.5 carat, G VVS. The diamond sparkles like crazy and my fiancée can’t stop staring at it claiming she’s never seen a more beautiful ring.

So here it is:

CM side view 3s.jpg

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!
appl.gif
Your ring is gorgeous!

Will your fiancee be moving soon?
2.gif

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
So here's another photo:

CM Br115GSI1 finished 2s.jpg

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
And here's the spot where I asked:

The Spot---s.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!
love.gif
Congrats!! The setting is so elegant and subtle--perfect for showing off that awesome diamond!
1.gif

granite1

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, what a beauty!

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/28/2004 3:51:11 AM foundnemo wrote:

Congratulations!
appl.gif
Your ring is gorgeous!

Will your fiancee be moving soon?
2.gif
----------------

She'll be here for 2 months, and then I'll be going home 2 months after that, so we're almost done with this long distance stuff.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to you both! I love Precision Set settings, and yours looks perfect with that gorgeous diamond! My dream ring!! Did you get the matching band?? Pics on hand please
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful setting...the fountain and castle, that is.

The ring is gorgeous too!

Mocha

Rough_Rock
Wow, that e-ring is exquisite! I love precision set settings. It is absolutely beautiful - congratulations
appl.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Thank you for sharing you story. What a perfect location and beautiful proposal. What a lucky gal.
The ring is stunning. Just love those precision sets!
love.gif
appl.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! That is beautiful...that setting is amazing too!!!! Congrats!!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
A story to remember!

Congrats to you. Best Wishes to your fiancee! Beautiful Ring!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
That's a luvly engagement story & a gorgeous ring!
love.gif

Congratulations! More pics, pls!
9.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
AWWWW, great story and beautiful ring!!! A big congrats to you both! I can commiserate on the long distance blahs, but two months will fly by.
1.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! The fountain was also lovely. I'm glad that you'll be together with your fiance soon.

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful choice in ring and proposal location! I was in Edinburg a couple years ago and remember the castle and fountain well. Great choice, in both the ring and proposal.

bling

Shiny_Rock
soooo pretty! congrats on your engagement..great story.. !!
appl.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Your proposal story is unbelievably sweet, and your ring is gorgeous! Congratulations!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring - and such a sweet story!

Out of curiosity - what part of the UK do you live in? I was transferred to Putney (SW London suburb) for quite a while back in 2000/2001, and have always wanted to go back again. Take advantage of the travel opportunities while you're there!

Congratulations and best wishes!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Now, isn't it time to get rid of that awful avatar picture and replace it with your beautiful ring? (Or maybe the pic of the castle and fountain.)

What a nice proposal in such a beautiful spot. The Edinburgh castle is my all time favorite. I love the way it presides over the city.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I must say...you have very good taste! Congratulations!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo beautiful! I just love the setting. It's absolutely perfect.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
The ring has been complimented so much! I was finally able to educate her a bit about diamonds. She had some typical misconceptions, but I had always played rather dumb as not to give away the fact that I was looking. Then we had a bit of fun going to some jewerly stores on Sunday pretending to be searching for a pendant and just basically comparing stones. We would be shown a stone which had obvious color tint and were told it was a G-H. My stone you cannot see any color and it's a real G. I can't even see how it could be any whiter. Or they would say it's a VS1 and it has about the same inclusions as my SI1. It was fun to have the sales people, who work in a jewerly store, fawn all over YOUR ring.

Edinburgh is an awesome city and is quite underrated in the States. I've been living in Scotland for 7 months and I've made 4 trips to Edinburgh.
I really like the matching band for the precision sets. My digital camera isn't the greatest and can't get a nice closeup of the ring on the finger.

Good idea lop to finally change my avatar.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, Chris! Congrats on a beautiful stone in a very elegant setting!
1.gif

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
Great story, and a truly beautiful ring.

But, as comfortable as you appear to be in England, signing you entires with "cheers" - perhaps you'd better stay in the UK!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scotland is not in England. Scotland is a separate country.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chris-uk04

I noticed I omitted to say that your ring is absolutely beautiful, the platinum has such a nice finish to the polish and the diamond of course has a top cut.

Congratulations upon your engagement and I hope your fiancee enjoys her stay in Scotland and remembers fondly and sentimentally Edinburgh castle and Princes Street Gardens for the rest of her life.

Wishing you both a good life back in the States.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results