shape
carat
color
clarity

Humor Me. what would you do 3 options

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys, Sorry for my neverending posts/poll. But please humor me, so I just bought two .30 ish J BGD diamonds in hopes to do a 3 stone, then I started wavering quite a bit,, so what would you do?

ETA--- Hope Sundial doesn't mind, I love her three stone look. Option 2 I would also go with Mark Morell SUnburst Solitaire, Option 3 would bezel my diamonds with BGD...in Yellow gold.. all these would be in yellow gold. Thanks!

options optionsoptionstomany11.JPG

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I think I like option 1 and 2

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love the three stone semi bezel!!
30.gif

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I''d wait a bit to decide. You seem very unsure so rather than making a decision for the sake of deciding and regretting it later, give yourself a few weeks to lok around and try on everything you can get your hands on. Maybe you''ll come across ''the one'' and you''ll know what you want. All of your options are beautiful but they''re all very different.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 4:50:31 PM
Author: upgrade
Honestly, I''d wait a bit to decide. You seem very unsure so rather than making a decision for the sake of deciding and regretting it later, give yourself a few weeks to lok around and try on everything you can get your hands on. Maybe you''ll come across ''the one'' and you''ll know what you want. All of your options are beautiful but they''re all very different.
i know what you mean
33.gif
two of the options I know I''m going to get eventually whether now or later...

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you already have studs?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
We don''t mind your posts - it is fun to see if we can help. And of course I don''t mind if you post pictures of my ring! You know my choice would be the three stone semi-bezel ring, but this is about what is right for YOU and you don''t seem ready to commit to a three stone yet. Have you tried some on at local jewelry stores?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 5:02:07 PM
Author: motownmama
do you already have studs?
no studs,,, yet,, not a well cut studs anyway, so I know that I will get those someday.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 5:03:11 PM
Author: Sundial
We don''t mind your posts - it is fun to see if we can help. And of course I don''t mind if you post pictures of my ring! You know my choice would be the three stone semi-bezel ring, but this is about what is right for YOU and you don''t seem ready to commit to a three stone yet. Have you tried some on at local jewelry stores?
tried on a few at some not so great Maul stores, but they all had prongs- can''t find one that has some bezels (I asked them and they thought I was nuts
33.gif
), and I do love the spread of the diamonds.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will BGD allow you to trade three diamonds in towards a single upgrade? (i.e. the two little ones and your ACA)? WF only allows you to trade one diamond for one diamond, but BGD may be different... just wanted you to check that before you get too invested in a particular idea.

I think you should return your little diamonds and take a big breath and stick with what you have until you are totally sure! I say this as someone who also struggles with trying to get it all but stay within my means. Hang around PS, think it over, and clarity will come. I promise!

One thing I have learned in the last year is never make a purchase unless you are totally sure it is THE ONE! If you are the type to have many "ones" then all it means is that you need to think about it even more. Whenever I have waited to make a purchase I have always felt better in the end. And the journey can be fun too!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like option 1, but agree that you should wait until you are sure what you want.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 5:15:48 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Will BGD allow you to trade three diamonds in towards a single upgrade? (i.e. the two little ones and your ACA)? WF only allows you to trade one diamond for one diamond, but BGD may be different... just wanted you to check that before you get too invested in a particular idea.

I think you should return your little diamonds and take a big breath and stick with what you have until you are totally sure! I say this as someone who also struggles with trying to get it all but stay within my means. Hang around PS, think it over, and clarity will come. I promise!

One thing I have learned in the last year is never make a purchase unless you are totally sure it is THE ONE! If you are the type to have many ''ones'' then all it means is that you need to think about it even more. Whenever I have waited to make a purchase I have always felt better in the end. And the journey can be fun too!
oh DD
9.gif
I probably will never give up my K (well never maybe a bit strong)...... but the thought of having my studs, and then the reset with Mark Morrell and another 1 pointer bezel have crossed my mind... But maybe its hanging out on PS has got me all mixed up
11.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would choose that semi-bezel three stone in a heartbeat, but then i am not a solitaire kind of girl. I agree though, if you aren''t sure about your choice, i would hold off...i hate even saying that though, because i would love to see what you choose!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I like option #1! I went from a solitaire to a 3 stone ring with my princess diamond, and I was pleasantly surprised at home much finger coverage and wow factor that adding sidestones gives!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 6:07:23 PM
Author: february2003bride
I like option #1! I went from a solitaire to a 3 stone ring with my princess diamond, and I was pleasantly surprised at home much finger coverage and wow factor that adding sidestones gives!
Is this for a RHR? I know you had a couple of reset, do you still have your RB? I''m threadjacking my own thread... oh well..

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, so many lovely choices. Can you go buy a three stone fakey for a while and see how you like the finger coverage? I personally would say three stone in a heartbeat. But I know that SDL is wanting a solitare again after having had a three stone for a while. But... there's nothing to say you can't have a three stone NOW, and a MWM solitare later (and then put the lovely BGD diamonds in earrings then, or keep them in the three stone setting and put a colored stone in the center), is there? I would love a three stone, and if you're googly over Sundials, then I think you will really get a kick out of something similar on your own hand.

I have to say that there is nothing like the anticipation to make the final product even more worthwhile, so there is NOTHING wrong with taking some time to think about it. Any way you go... you come out a winner.
10.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 6:15:29 PM
Author: Gypsy
Wow, so many lovely choices. Can you go buy a three stone fakey for a while and see how you like the finger coverage? I personally would say three stone in a heartbeat. But I know that SDL is wanting a solitare again after having had a three stone for a while. But... there''s nothing to say you can''t have a three stone NOW, and a MWM solitare later (and then put the lovely BGD diamonds in earrings then, or keep them in the three stone setting and put a colored stone in the center), is there? I would love a three stone, and if you''re googly over Sundials, then I think you will really get a kick out of something similar on your own hand.

I have to say that there is nothing like the anticipation to make the final product even more worthwhile, so there is NOTHING wrong with taking some time to think about it. Any way you go... you come out a winner.
10.gif
Totally sounds like a winning idea
36.gif
yep,, been contemplating since march since I got my K back from WF,,, i had to get it in setting and didn''t want it to sit at WF and not on my finger..

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I love the 3-stone bezel idea.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I personally would do option #2 and #3 because I would love a larger center stone and I would love bezel earrings.
30.gif

Since you were going to do 2 of these options anyways, do them and wait until you are positive about the third.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 6:15:22 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 5/4/2009 6:07:23 PM
Author: february2003bride
Is this for a RHR? I know you had a couple of reset, do you still have your RB? I''m threadjacking my own thread... oh well..
No RHR
1.gif
My first engagement ring was a princess cut that I loved. I had Whiteflash reset it from a solitaire to a 3 stone (it''s posted here on PS somewhere). I took it to a jeweler and they discovered a large chip on the corner. Thankfully it was insured and that''s how I got my round diamond!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, option 2!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 6:28:19 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 5/4/2009 6:15:29 PM
Author: Gypsy
Wow, so many lovely choices. Can you go buy a three stone fakey for a while and see how you like the finger coverage? I personally would say three stone in a heartbeat. But I know that SDL is wanting a solitare again after having had a three stone for a while. But... there''s nothing to say you can''t have a three stone NOW, and a MWM solitare later (and then put the lovely BGD diamonds in earrings then, or keep them in the three stone setting and put a colored stone in the center), is there? I would love a three stone, and if you''re googly over Sundials, then I think you will really get a kick out of something similar on your own hand.

10.gif
Totally sounds like a winning idea
36.gif
yep,, been contemplating since march since I got my K back from WF,,, i had to get it in setting and didn''t want it to sit at WF and not on my finger..
Yeah, I wouldn''t want mine anywhere but on my finger. I can''t wait to see what you come up with (take your time, of course, but you know... it''s so much fun to see everyone''s choices!).

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I like all 3 options! Oh well, not much help from me...

But I agree that you should probably wait a bit till you make up your mind a bit better...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like options 1 and 3. But #1 you can look at all the time. I would really like #1 with a colored cente stone. Of course that''s just me. Or you could bezel set a colored stone and take the side stones and do #3. That''s probably what I would do...you have alot of good options.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 5:15:48 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

One thing I have learned in the last year is never make a purchase unless you are totally sure it is THE ONE! If you are the type to have many ''ones'' then all it means is that you need to think about it even more. Whenever I have waited to make a purchase I have always felt better in the end. And the journey can be fun too!
Uhhuh.gif

I totally agree with dreamer! All three options are beautiful! But before you committ, look around some more, maybe find someone that carries the HOF 3 stone bezel ring and go try it on, even if it means you have to drive for a bit! After my failed reset I drove all over the state of michigan trying on rings, until I found the one that made my breath catch when it was on my hand. And that''s how I knew it was the right one! Just seeing something on a computer screen is just not the same as having it physically on your hand. Take your time, and enjoy the process!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
My choice would be Option 2, but in the end it''s your choice what you really want to do. Go with your heart, what do you really love the most.
35.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for all your talk through with me, I really enjoy what others have to say and give me some perspective that i haven''t thought about. PS is truly an incredible place to be.
36.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
The bezel earrings sound like a great idea to me, but the three stone would be beautiful also
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

MrsDoubleP

Shiny_Rock
Ooooooo, the three stone semi-bezel!
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore Sundial''s ring, but I also love a nice set of bezeled studs!

I would wait it out though, until you''re sure!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results