shape
carat
color
clarity

HUGE surprise for me.1.61 RB I SI1, Did he do good ????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I received a HUGE surprise Friday.... Hubby had taken my Viachi Ering and had a beautiful 1.61 ct RB I, SI1 put in it :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am SOOOOO HAPPY but need to know if he did ok...... Also, jeweler set it in a 18Kt gold head instead of a platinum head.... IS THAT OK or should I have it changed to a platinum head??????

Here is the deal... I had him drop the set off along with the clarity enhanced marquise ring at one of our small local jewelers for a new appraisals. They said it would take a couple of days... So I didn''t think anything about it... We had decided to sell the set with the sapphire and save for a big diamond.... Well while he was in there he said the guy told him the set was soooo beautiful and we would get nothing close to what we had in it ...............WELL HE started showing my guy different diamonds and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AM I A LUCKY GIRL OR WHAT!!! Here is what I ended up with. According to him he trade the marquise in on this stone and they are placing the sapphire in the platinum diamond ring I had the marquise in..... When we went to pick my rings on Friday they brought it out and I about dropped to my knees I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!

Here are the specs. Let me know what you think :)

1.61ct RB GIA
I color
SI1 clarity
No Fluorescence
7.70 - 7.79 X4.39 mm
Gridle Thickness Thin to Med
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Cut Good

Paid $8500.00 minus $2500 trade on marquise...

Trying to get a good photo
7.gif
But not much luck

Picture 015.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Woo it's gorgeous! I like the round in that setting a lot. And what a lucky girl you are--if my husband ever bought me a new diamond I think I'd have a heart attack!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOO, the diamond looks lovely and Hubby did do great! Lucky girl
36.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a big beautiful diamond Woo and it looks incredible in your setting! He did VERY good!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2006 9:46:14 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh Woo it''s gorgeous! I like the round in that setting a lot. And what a lucky girl you are--if my husband ever bought me a new diamond I think I''d have a heart attack!!!
If mine ever bought me one, I know I''d have one.
20.gif

Wooo, you lucky girl, enjoy!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I am still shaking... I haven''t taken off.............. I am constantly flashing it front of my eyes :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I have to be honest I would have never thought he would do something like this...... :) WOOOOO he is very practical but
said he saw the diamond and LOVED IT!!!! I am so shocked... It is my dream diamond.. :) HEHEHEHE He told me this is
it and no more ....... WELL I AM THRILLED WITH IT :)

Do you think the 18kt head will be ok?????

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the head would be fine. Just make sure you get it inspected every couple of months.

Congrats on the stone! Looks wonderful....looks like no more upgrades...haha!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!! What a surprise from your hubby, awesome! Congrats on the new round brilliant. It really looks like it belongs in your set. You seem absolutely thrilled with his surprise. The 18k gold prongs should be fine with regular check ups every 6 months or so.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2006 9:53:44 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 9/11/2006 9:46:14 AM

Author: Dee*Jay

Oh Woo it''s gorgeous! I like the round in that setting a lot. And what a lucky girl you are--if my husband ever bought me a new diamond I think I''d have a heart attack!!!
If mine ever bought me one, I know I''d have one.
20.gif

Wooo, you lucky girl, enjoy!!

Add me to the list! You are a lucky lady Woo. Congrats on your new stone.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Looks great! Congrats Woo!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thank you all... I appreciate your input on the head. He said he didn''t know and the jeweler really never ask him ;( I was really nervous because of the 4 prong and gold... It looks fine but I wanted to make sure... It took so long to get this stone and with him doing it on his own I DON''T WANT TO LOSE IT :) WOOOOOO

I am so excited!!!!! It sparkles like crazy and is sooooooooooooooooooooo white.... I look under a lop and could see one little carbon spot but nothing ele :) Like I said. I was shaking sooooooooooo hard I almost got sick :) I couldn''t believe it was my ring. I thought I was just picking up my other rings with appraisels.... The people at the jewelry store were all waiting to see my reaction!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your newest! The setting looks great to me.
35.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
The sun is out :)

Picture u27.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Picture u029.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful surprise
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
!

Congratulations on a beautiful ring and a fabulous husband!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo, I swear, I can hardly keep up with you! Your ring evolution makes my head spin! The new stone is really nice, and so is your husband for the lovely surprise! You''ll have to show us how your sapphire looks in the old marquise setting.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
firegodess right there with you... a rollercoaster....Before we took them in for appraisal my hubby said he felt like most of my ring issues were from him asking me to settle for things I didn''t want.. He said he has felt bad for pushing me to do it the cheaper way only to see me keep looking
7.gif
It was such a sweet conversation...... After he gave me the new diamond, I said wow I am shocked and he said 23 years ago I gave you a terrible .75 ct (I3 stone m color) that you wore everyday for 20 years I figured it was time I stopped being cheap and buy you the diamond you wanted :) THAT''s what made it the BEST!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO here and I AM SMILING SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG I HURTS
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2006 1:54:18 PM
Author: woobug02
firegodess right there with you... a rollercoaster....Before we took them in for appraisal my hubby said he felt like most of my ring issues were from him asking me to settle for things I didn''t want.. He said he has felt bad for pushing me to do it the cheaper way only to see me keep looking
7.gif
It was such a sweet conversation...... After he gave me the new diamond, I said wow I am shocked and he said 23 years ago I gave you a terrible .75 ct (I3 stone m color) that you wore everyday for 20 years I figured it was time I stopped being cheap and buy you the diamond you wanted :) THAT''s what made it the BEST!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO here and I AM SMILING SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG I HURTS
36.gif

That IS the best! It''s nice to see him realize this. Sure makes it even MORE special!!!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
What a genuinely sweet, thoughtful surprise! Not to mention gorgeous!!!
30.gif
I''m so happy you finally got what you wanted, Woo-hold onto that man-he''s a keeper!
2.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
THANk YOU!!! I am feeling like the luckiest girl in the world!!!!! I have my hand out flashing...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh woo, this really is the stuff many of us will only dream of. I suggest you make that man a smashing dinner and dessert.
2.gif

And congrats again.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GREAT IDEA!!! Dinner and wine here I come :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a terrific surprise!!! Your hubby did great!!! Congrats on your new diamond!
36.gif

Oh, and there's nothing wrong at all with the gold head...I've had one for 29 years and it is fine!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~How sweet is that???!! It''s gorgeous!!!!
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He did good! What a sweet hubby!!! Mine would never do something like that in a million years! Lucky you.
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Woo, what a fantastic surprise by your hubby!! It looks perfect in your setting and on your hand. What a lucky, lucky girl!!!

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
What a great surprise for you woobug! I was ready to ask for names and addresses so that I may temporarily revoke you hubby''s "Man Card." LOL Making the rest of us guys look bad, that was until I ready the following...

Date: 9/11/2006 1:54:18 PM
Author: woobug02

and he said 23 years ago I gave you a terrible .75 ct (I3 stone m color) that you wore everyday for 20 years I figured it was time I stopped being cheap and buy you the diamond you wanted :)

... nice to know that chivalry still exists. Congratulations, I''m sure it was well worth the wait.

Also, in the name of chivalry, I''ve resized your avatar image should you wish to use it.

woobug02_100x100.jpg

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful hubby! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results