shape
carat
color
clarity

Huge price difference across stones with same characteristics at same vendor?

dogginup

Rough_Rock
Hello again! So I’ve started hunting mosy on Ritani and Frank darling. And if I put in my desired characteristics (2ct, DE, ideal, etc) there is a range in cost from 2k-5k. I know there is the type of process and hptii (sorry if I got that wrong) is more desired. Are there other things that justify a higher price that I’m missing here? Are there “more ideal” stones within the ideal? And does the cost always correlate or is it possible to overpay or get a “bad deal”?

My apologies if the answer is obvious or been answered already but I could not find a specific answer on the forums.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Can’t help you with the why but I can share that I’ve just experienced this with a lab diamond. The exact same stone ranged in price from $1.9k to over $4k depending on who was selling it. This was confirmed by checking the stone’s stats as well as double checking the GIA certification.

Stonealgo was a great source for checking pricing on my Lab stone search however not sure if they check Moissy.

dogginup

Rough_Rock
Hi @Kyton! “Mosy” was a typo, meant to say “on”. I’m searching for a lab diamond not moissy .Thank you so much for your reply and I’m glad I’m not the only one finding this pricing to be a bit mind boggling. Thank you for the stonealgo resource you mentioned I’ll look into that! Really appreciate your time!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did notice this as well. I also found when I did a google search for the same LGD I was able to find it for much less.
For example I found a 2.75 Emerald on the Ritani website for $4803 and then found the same
same exact stone on brilliance for $2253.
If you do find a Diamond you like you can post it here and I’m sure one of our experts can help determine if it is a good one to purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results