shape
carat
color
clarity

Huge Finewater gems peridot. Setting help, please!

cwt5770

Rough_Rock
Peridot is my birthstone and for a really long time I've been wanting a large stone to make into a pendant.
Well, I finally stumbled across this beautiful 7 carat peridot by Finewater Gems (I believe it's about 11 mm x 13mm), and now I need setting ideas.
In the past, I've used the ETSY vendors Adzia and Sally from Heart of Water. I have been very pleased with both their work, but this particular stone was very expensive for me, so I don't want to send it overseas, and I just want to make sure I go with the best possible option.
Honestly, it feels a little overwhelming because I haven't set too many stones and this one is really special.

I'm thinking I would want something simple and modern in rose gold. I really like claw prongs. Thinking possibly of an East to West setting/ slider pendant, but I'd be concerned about flipping. I know this particular picture is of a ring but I kind of like the idea of claw prongs surrounding/ protecting the stone:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/171713742/pink-red-tourmaline-solitaire-ring-in?ref=shop_home_active_51

Does anyone have any ideas or vendors they've been really happy with/ felt comfortable shipping to?

Thank you! Also, I tried my best with the pics, but they were taken with a cell phone which really did not do the stone the justice it deserves. The stone just glows!

_37709.jpg

_37710.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a magnificent stone, congrats. I think you could probably set it EW in a pendant if you put it into a basket that doesn't lend itself to flipping. Have you checked out David Klass, he was the first person that came to mind when I saw your stone.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an AMAZING peridot - even with "just" the iPhone pictures, it's glowing like it's got green fire inside :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where are you located? Adzia is based in Chicago, USA. Yvonne Riley is another good USA Etsy option.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1467809903|4052025 said:
Where are you located? Adzia is based in Chicago, USA. Yvonne Riley is another good USA Etsy option.

Adzia (which now shows on my Etsy as Slowack Jewelry) is exactly what I first thought of. They could do a pendant with a lovely scroll basket.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results