shape
carat
color
clarity

Huge Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JWSLLC

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I just recenlty acquired the largest emerald I have ever seen. It came from the Muzo mine in Columbia. Usually an emerald this size is very low quality and will look more like jade than an emerald but here it is a 126+ct oval brilliant cut emerald.

What do you think I should do with this stone? Would love to hear your suggestions or comments.

Happy Holidays

Jason

126ct emerald.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a big chunk!
I should say I had never seen one anywhere near this size range being sold. The quality of the stone (reasonably even nice color, somewhat havy inclusions) brings engraving in mind, given what jewelry fairs had to show this year. An arabic jewelry shop in the Middle east or eastern Europe may have some oversized piece like this as its show-off piece. Such stores would routinely offer custom-engraved emeralds (here "engraving" stands for text, not deep, sculptural work as in the previous sentence). You may find similar stones (meaning larger than 50cts, same quality) in auction records and there seems to be some demand for them. This is not my piece however, and I would doubt I might look for huge size as the primary quality in an emerald. I bet this already had an intereating shelf life, hadn't it?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! What a gazonga piece!
eek.gif

You could try selling it on CherryPicked.com (I think they are redeveloping their site and it should be back up soon.).

OR you could have it set in 18Kt gold as a gear shift knob for your 6-speed BMW M5
Up_to_something.gif
!

JWSLLC

Rough_Rock
9.gif
HEHE Shift knob! I can just barely close my hand around it. Well I don't own a BMW but I do own a circle track car. I'm #78 passing #87 on the inside in turn two
9.gif

I have many gems for sale so I'll have to check out that site.
Though I'm sill waiting for EGL to send my items back to me. They sure take there time. I'll take some better pictures of this emerald too. The engeving idea is great though I think some collectors would rather have the plain oval cut.

thanks!

Jason

Scan10019.JPG

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Great stone! I luv emeralds.

Another thought for you is to let Wink Jones' cutter take a look at it. Wink has a cutter that does some fabulous things with colored gem stones. Not engraving, but unique cutting techniques. The cutting can enhance the beauty of emerald with a variety of patterns that show thru the stone. I've seen some of their work and it is gorgeous.

Just a thought for you.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results