shape
carat
color
clarity

Hubby forgot his wedding ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband has forgotten his wedding ring in the morning a couple of times (I see it sitting in our bathroom). It doesn''t faze me in the slightest because I forgot to put on my ering many times when I first got it.

I kissed him goodbye this morning...he was dressed up in a shirt and tie today because he was doing training. 15 minutes later, I hear the front door open, and TGuy calls out, "Honey it''s only me...I forgot my ring!"

"Huh? You came all the way back here for that?"

Yup, he says, and smiles and takes off again, probably late for work now.

At first I thought, aw, how sweet. Then I thought...that''s really weird he would turn around and waste 15 minutes just to put on his wedding ring. Then my mind really kicks off and I think...there must be some chick hitting on him and he needs protection!
23.gif
41.gif

I have no idea why I am sharing this story. I just thought it was weird he''d be late to work just to wear the ring when he''s left it at home before. Not a bad weird...a good weird.

I''m weird.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
At first I thought "aw how sweet"...but then after I kept reading I got the "werid" feeling too.
28.gif
All in all I think it''s cute that he came back for it.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
very sweet, but it does make one wonder.... hmmm, do you tease him when he forgets? my hubby might turn around just because i give him a lot of good-natured crap if he doesn''t have it on!
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 2:06:09 PM
Author: novia

very sweet, but it does make one wonder.... hmmm, do you tease him when he forgets? my hubby might turn around just because i give him a lot of good-natured crap if he doesn''t have it on!
2.gif
I teased him once right after we got married, but haven''t teased him since (and it has happened since). Maybe he''s used to his ring now and now feels naked without it? I know I hate it when I forget to wear my ring...I''ll turn around for it too because my hand looks strange without it.

Plus I am just sure the day I leave it at home will be the day my house gets broken into. LOL...

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
my hubby used to do that. turns out it was too big and had to be sized. once he got it sized he never took it off again. since 1995.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
My first thought was that because he is doing training today he will be meeting new people (?) and wanted to make sure it was obvious that he was married. Very sweet, if you ask me.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TG, my DH has forgotten his ring more than a couple of times (he''s actually on his 3rd band, lol--his recliner ate one, which we didn''t find for about a year and a half, and he lost one while traveling). He has turned around and come back for his ring on at least one occasion, and he wanted to have it on because he was going to a work-related golf outing and would be seeing customers that day. I don''t think in his mind he''s being "sweet," just making sure people don''t assume there''s trouble in paradise, hee hee.
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 3:18:14 PM
Author: monarch64
TG, my DH has forgotten his ring more than a couple of times (he''s actually on his 3rd band, lol--his recliner ate one, which we didn''t find for about a year and a half, and he lost one while traveling). He has turned around and come back for his ring on at least one occasion, and he wanted to have it on because he was going to a work-related golf outing and would be seeing customers that day. I don''t think in his mind he''s being ''sweet,'' just making sure people don''t assume there''s trouble in paradise, hee hee.
9.gif
Ha, that''s funny!

BizouMom, maybe that''s it. He does the training, so he stands up in front of the group. I noticed he also wore his "good" eyeglasses today so maybe he wanted to look sharp and polished, which includes that ring!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Mine never takes his off either. For 15 years it was a little too small and didn''t come off without soap, but now he has a new titanium ring (yay Boone!) that fits better and he still never takes it off unless he wants to show someone the engraving.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think the only time my DH ever took his ring off--cuz he didn''t want to lose it--when he was diving in Belize. Then he promptly lost it. He was devistated and I had another exact style ring made. He hasn''t taken that one off yet. Two in 21 years isn''t bad.

cheers--Sharon

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
Aww, that''s so sweet. Maybe he just feels naked with out it now...my FI ALWAYS wears his class ring, I don''t know that he''s ever forgotten it, but I bet he''d go back or feel really naked without it...hopefully the wedding ring will be the same. He even has a less fancy class ring to wear for when there''s a chance it''ll get too dirty or messed up.

But your guesses could always be right too...I know that if I can I always go back for my e-ring now, though I''ve rarely forgotten it recently (once or twice in the last four months). I was really bad about remembering it the first couple of months we were engaged though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results