shape
carat
color
clarity

HRD / Independent Appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sue Johnson

Rough_Rock
HelloMy partner and I have been looking at diamonds all over everywhere, and have come across a certification board from Antwerp called HRD. Can anyone offer any words of wisdom on the credibilty and accuracy of the above body? We are looking at an E, VVS2 1.38 emerald cut so I want to make sure it is what is says it is.Which brings me on to my next question...Can anyone help me find an independent appraiser in London, UK? Ideally in the Hatton Garden area. Since it's the diamond district it shouldn't be that hard (!), but I am so wary I would really appreciate a recommendation. Also, how much should we expect to pay for this service?Finally, thanks to everyone for the help and advice contained in this website. Is there a UK version (i.e. with Uk suppliers) planned?ThanksSue

Sue Johnson

Rough_Rock
Many thanks for your help and all the wonderful advice on this site.Sue

Sue Johnson

Rough_Rock
Hello again,Well believe it or not, we are having a really hard time finding an appraiser who thinks it's worth appraising a certified stone! You guys have it easy over there!
My paranoia is not easing, so I am pursuing the crusade, but in the meantime I wondered if any of you experts in the US has any thoughts on the following:Emerald Cut
E
VVS2
1.38ct
No fluorescence
Culet: 'linear' (I have been told this means no culet)
Girdle: Medium
Measurements: 7.52 x 5.71 x 3.74mm
Table width: 67%
Crown height: 11.5%
Pavillion depth: 51.5%
Finish grade: Good We paid £5095 for the stone.Thanks as everSue

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sue,Well, don't tell about grading report before appraisal is done.The data for your stone look pretty good - AGA class 2: http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm .Close GIA graded diamonds are listed in the Internet for about $7,800. £5095 is about $7400 hence if your diamond is indeed as represented you've got a good deal!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I also agree with Leonid. Maybe I can open a branch office in Hatton Garden or in the West end... I would be nice. I love the visits I have made to the UK.------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

Sue Johnson

Rough_Rock
Sounds like a fine idea to me ! Hatton Garden ain't what it used to be!Once again, many thanks to you both for your words of wisdom!Sue

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you look up "Valuers" in the London Yellow pages, you will find appraisers. There are many trained experts there.HRD is a very good lab. It is not exactly the GIA, but that is not meant as a slur on either lab. Slightly different standards exist in grading. Not big ones, just little differences.------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results