shape
carat
color
clarity

HPHT or CVD

nakel

Rough_Rock
I ordered a HPHT vvs1 D ideal lab grown diamond as I read that HPHT was the better lab grown option.
Now after doing more research I found the blue nuance issues with HPHT and that HPHT diamonds usually don’t pass a diamond tester or test as moissanite.

Did I make the right choice with the HPHT or what are your thoughts?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
The best way to answer your question is to see the video of your particular diamond. Both CVD and HPHT have various issues, but both also create beautiful stones. I'm assuming you just want to know about your purchase, correct?

If you don't know how to find the video, if you post the certificate number, the sleuths on here may be able to find it for you.

Congrats on your diamond purchase!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Both can have different issues. HPHT can be blue but not all are. CVD can have graining issues but not all do. You just have to make sure you pick a stone with good material. Post the video here and other can help evaluate it for you. I have beautiful CVD and HPHT stones.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, nakel!
As 0515vision and Jax172 stated, both methods can be found with material quality ranging from garbage can to pristine.
HPHT is not as prevalent as CVD due to the sheer cost of the equipment, so finding higher quality CVD is a much more daunting task...lots of growers out there producing grainy/hazy CVD material because of a "quantity over quality" approach, based on what I see in the inventories of sellers when searching.

nakel

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the response and some clarity. Here is the certificate number for the diamond I ordered: LG600348732

I paid for a rush fee to get it delivered in time for the trip we’re going on at the end of the month (this is when I’m asking the big question) so I won’t have time to return or exchange it.. so I’m pretty of nervous and hoping it doesn’t have blue nuance or any issues I read about.

But then again my girlfriend is clueless to diamonds so maybe I’m way over thinking all of this lol

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the response and some clarity. Here is the certificate number for the diamond I ordered: LG600348732

I paid for a rush fee to get it delivered in time for the trip we’re going on at the end of the month (this is when I’m asking the big question) so I won’t have time to return or exchange it.. so I’m pretty of nervous and hoping it doesn’t have blue nuance or any issues I read about.

But then again my girlfriend is clueless to diamonds so maybe I’m way over thinking all of this lol

No blue nuance in this stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results