shape
carat
color
clarity

HPHT clarity - is eye clean enough?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, fellow PS members!

Quick question: what is your stance on HPHT LGD clarity when it comes to VS2-SI1 that *should* be perfectly eye-clean under normal real-world everyday viewing conditions?
Does your mind-clean approach ever get in the way and prevent you from potentially missing out on what could be a great diamond at a great price due to the primary driving factors of color and clarity?

Here is what I consider a great example:

Eye-clean or not?
Eye-clean *and* mind-clean enough?
ALL thoughts and opinions in regards to this topic are welcome, so don't hold back!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no problem having a SI1 or maybe even lower. Based on your link, I would definitely not sneeze at it! So, in essence, you definitely could miss out on a real beauty and saving a little $ too!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, fellow PS members!

Quick question: what is your stance on HPHT LGD clarity when it comes to VS2-SI1 that *should* be perfectly eye-clean under normal real-world everyday viewing conditions?
Does your mind-clean approach ever get in the way and prevent you from potentially missing out on what could be a great diamond at a great price due to the primary driving factors of color and clarity?

Here is what I consider a great example:

Eye-clean or not?
Eye-clean *and* mind-clean enough?
ALL thoughts and opinions in regards to this topic are welcome, so don't hold back!

Not a problem for me as long as the clarity grade isn't based on grain, strain, clouds, or anything else that would affect the light performance

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Another example: cut precision and optics nice enough to the eyes, or does the proportions and angles exert hesitation?

D

Deleted member 161102

Hey everyone! Thanks for helping me choose, deja has been a huge help. Here are the options I’m deciding between:

This is what I have on order:

This was my original favorite:

This looked great too

Also in the running:

Thank you all for taking a look this really means a lot to me and I just want to make sure that I choose a diamond with the most rainbow and sparkle.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe not the norm but I prefer VS both in natural and lab diamonds. I could change my mind if a particular diamond was unique in cut, size or color.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
I’m also a VS girl. VS2 is my mind clean spot but everyone is different.

Agree. I prefer VVS but VS is as low as I feel comfortable going. And even then the type and location of the inclusions are going to come into play.

SeattleiteGirl

Rough_Rock
I like finding eye clean SI1 stones if they’re brilliant cut because then I can focus on color. I find it difficult to go below VS2 if it’s a step cut though. Like others have said, type and location are factors, but generally SI1+ is mind clean for me!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz I reddit messaged you, not about this thread tho :)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not talking about any specific diamond.
To me the price difference between vvs and vs2/si makes me kinda meh about them in mmd. Not enough of a discount in many cases.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz I reddit messaged you, not about this thread tho :)

Can you start a chat instead of message?
Messaging seems to be rather broken lately with their last few app updates.

Mom2424722

Rough_Rock
Maybe not the norm but I prefer VS both in natural and lab diamonds. I could change my mind if a particular diamond was unique in cut, size or color.

Totally agree. I have not had the best luck with SI “eye clean” diamonds. But, I also did not have the knowledge or help from awesome PS members in the past. If I did, my EGD would be a much better performer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results