shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW HPD's Queen Pari - 2.31 Q-VVS2 CBI

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Until now, all 4 of my CBI diamonds were F in color. Prior to that, my e-ring of 20+ years was a 3.01 F-SI1 pear (still have this ring).

Saw a Q colored CBI that piqued my interest and thought why don't I do something out of the box and buy a warm colored diamond. While I was at it, why not do my first halo too. The resulting custom designed ring was cast by the same shop that casts for Harry Winston, and finished by Wink's bench with superior polish.

The ring has a 18k gold shank and a platinum halo.

First up, Jamie's glamour shots.

Img3871.jpg

Img3873.jpg

Here is Wink's video
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/ux9tucx4tq?tag=121083

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180322_120038.jpg

After I received the ring today, we looked all over the house trying to find a white wall so that we could accurately photograph my new ring. We settled on plotter paper that was a nice neutral white. These photos taken with Samsung phones

20180322_115003.jpg

20180322_120202.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: dreamy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning Q!:love: And that setting is gorgeous.:love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blimey! This could actually almost make me weep!!

I can honestly say, hand on heart, it is my favourite of your pieces & my favourite halo design ever :love:

I wanted to do something a bit different as I didn't want the halo to look like a ering. Thank you for your kind words @Alex T

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It certainly is different - I have been back twice to look at it again since you posted! I am in awe & envy. I love anything floral looking & yours is captivating. The hint of the diamond is just stunning. It wouldn't look the same with a F colour.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!!!:love: I am shocked how yellow your Q looks! Is there any yellow gold around or under that stone at all other than the shank???

Your pictures are so good I thought you might have a light box!

@diamondseeker2006

No, just the shank and white plotter paper. And even then the phone can't do an accurate capture because the paper is supposed to be white.

Jamie also took a photo of the bottom that is fully accessible for easy cleaning. The diamond is just suspended from the halo as shown in the 2nd photo from the top of the thread.

Img3872.jpg

Last edited:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006

No, just the shank and white plotter paper. And even then the phone can't do an accurate capture because the paper is supposed to be white.

Jamie also took a photo of the bottom that is fully accessible for easy cleaning. The diamond is just suspended from the halo as shown in the 2nd photo from the top of the thread.

Img3872.jpg

BEE U TEE FULL!!!:love::love:

Your Q is out of this world!!!!! I love how it looks like a soft bright sunflower is some lights and in others it's soft cream!! You have a sparkling scintillating chameleon!

Your halo with the yellow gold just perfection!
Enjoy that beauty!!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness gracious! What a gorgeous suite of diamond rings! I don't know which one I love the best. They're all so divine! Enjoy!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As expected, the diamond went dark in the sunlight, but super ideal cut diamonds do this.

20180322_194309.jpg

In the shade dispersion is still seen.

20180322_194432.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is nothing short of spectacular!! That color :love:. I'm in awe of what a lovely warm color it is. What a perfectly beautifully unique halo to compliment her and as always I'm a huge fan of the yellow gold shank :roll2:.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous!! I love the shape of the halo. :love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous!! I love the shape of the halo. :love:

Thank you. I wanted to make it a "cocktail" ring to wear on cruises or when I perform on stage. Had never done a halo before so I was a little nervous about it.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is nothing short of spectacular!! That color :love:. I'm in awe of what a lovely warm color it is. What a perfectly beautifully unique halo to compliment her and as always I'm a huge fan of the yellow gold shank :roll2:.

You know it is pretty cool that it is a super ideal cut diamond with some warmth to it at a very reasonable price.

If I ever win the lottery, I would ask @Paul-Antwerp to source some fancy yellow intense rough to cut me a FIY CBI to match the bracelet that he and Lieve sourced for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results