shape
carat
color
clarity

How''s this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking of buying a very small diamond from bluenile (~.25ct) , so there are no pictures etc. The specs check out on the HCA (1.3, TIC) and it is GIA excellent. It is also a VS1 clarity and the price is very good...

I don''t want to post too many specifics for fear of lurkers snatching it up
2.gif

Would you call them to get more information or would that satisfy you? Can I be certain that it is eye-clean based on the VS1 label? I am planning to set it into a titanium tension setting from Bruce Boone as an anniversary present for my husband, so it needs to be eye-clean!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 2:00:47 PM
Author:dreamer_dachsie
I''m thinking of buying a very small diamond from bluenile (~.25ct) , so there are no pictures etc. The specs check out on the HCA (1.3, TIC) and it is GIA excellent. It is also a VS1 clarity and the price is very good...

I don''t want to post too many specifics for fear of lurkers snatching it up
2.gif

Would you call them to get more information or would that satisfy you? Can I be certain that it is eye-clean based on the VS1 label? I am planning to set it into a titanium tension setting from Bruce Boone as an anniversary present for my husband, so it needs to be eye-clean!
I''m pretty sure in that size, most S1''s are going to be eye clean so no worries with a VS1 at all.

I really like the idea of a tension set pendant, but am wondering if the culet could possibly scratch the neck?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TIC GIA Ex which has been looked over by you Dreamer = no worries! If you want, just post the usual and the specs you entered for the HCA, then we can take a look
35.gif

As Elle says, I wouldn't worry with VS1 .25 for eyecleanliness.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elle it is actually for a tension set ring for my husband, so no worries about necks being scratched!

Lorelei Good vote of confidence! LOL!

Hmmm... so if SIs are eye-clean, then I can maybe go down in clarity and buy some size... would a VS2 be eye-clean at .30ct do you think? Still 0.8 HCA and TIC, GIA Ex.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 2:37:28 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Elle it is actually for a tension set ring for my husband, so no worries about necks being scratched!

Hmmm... so if SIs are eye-clean, then I can maybe go down in clarity and buy some size... would a VS2 be eye-clean at .30ct do you think? Still 0.8 HCA and TIC, GIA Ex.
omg, i think i got the idea because i was looking at Kretchmers tension set pendants on Pearlmans site while reading your post.

yes, no worries on the finger. Too bad I now want a tension set pendant.. grr

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tis justified m'dear!
9.gif

VS2 should be eyeclean at .30 if you want to consider that, results sound fine.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about this one?

I color, VS2, 1.8 HCA and GIA excellent... but with *strong florescence*

Makes the price right and I know lots of us around here love the florescence. What effect would that have on a little diamond like this?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 2:43:24 PM
Author: elle_chris

omg, i think i got the idea because i was looking at Kretchmers tension set pendants on Pearlmans site while reading your post.

yes, no worries on the finger. Too bad I now want a tension set pendant.. grr
LOL!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 2:56:06 PM
How about this one?

I color, VS2, 1.8 HCA and GIA excellent... but with *strong florescence*

Makes the price right and I know lots of us around here love the florescence. What effect would that have on a little diamond like this?
Looks good, you could notice a violety glow in some lighting which is way kewl in my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results