shape
carat
color
clarity

How'd I Do on this 4.28 ct Blue Sapphire?

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful--congratulations! :appl: :appl:

sebas

Shiny_Rock
That ring looks gorgeous!

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Chrono|1354790364|3323930 said:
Can you take a few outdoor pictures?

Sure thing.

img_2684.jpg img_2627.jpg img_2658.jpg img_2675.jpg

I found it hard to capture a photo where you could see the color throughout the stone. The below picture is blurry, but it shows what it actually looks like at least in some lights, where you can see the color equal and even throughout the stone. Most the time there is some darkness with the color kind of sparkling from underneath. Not sure if that's extinction, but it's not unpleasant.

img_2667.jpg

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! 8)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILikeBond|1354814903|3324465 said:
I found it hard to capture a photo where you could see the color throughout the stone. The below picture is blurry, but it shows what it actually looks like at least in some lights, where you can see the color equal and even throughout the stone. Most the time there is some darkness with the color kind of sparkling from underneath. Not sure if that's extinction, but it's not unpleasant.

I find that happens with mine too, and the camera exacerbates it. What looks like a med-dark blue and med-blue irl will be translated by my camera to really dark blue and light blue (like in my avatar pic). *shrug* I love my stone in person and the areas of contrast move around/sparkle, so even if I can't get the most accurate pics of it I'm not fussed.

Your ring is beautiful!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much much nicer pictures. See, isn't it easier to photograph gems outdoors? No need to worry if you have sufficient light. :)) In terms of what you see, as long as the darkness moves around and doesn't cover more than half of the stone at one time, it isn't extinction. What I think you are describing is brilliance contrast. Yes, when the light is perfectly diffused, the sapphire will show all one shade but most of the time, you will see some bright areas mixed in together with some darker (but should not be super dark or black) areas.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like I'm a little late to this party. The ring looks beautiful, especially in the outdoor photos. Don't forget to come back with hand shots after you give the ring to your lucky wife!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the outside shots too! I really like the stone you chose over the other ring. You definitely did the right thing. I hope she loves it as much as you do. Its also so impressive that you pulled a lovely, quality ring together in a matter of what, three weeks? Congratulations! :appl: :appl:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and time line impressive. love the sparkle against the orange flower (not the Bougainvilleas)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results