shape
carat
color
clarity

How''d he do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumgurl

Rough_Rock
Well, my darling boyfriend proposed on Christmas Eve. He did his best to get a one carot diamond which is great cause that''s what I was hoping for! We were wondering how he did.

GIA Cert:

Color: J
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 59%
Table: 67%
Symmetry: good
Polish: good
Girdle: thick to extremely thick
measurements: 6.37 x 6.45

He paid about $3000 total.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The price is spot on but could you check the numbers 67% table seems a little wierd.

It has a little extra weight in the girdle being thick to extremely thick
Thats about all I can tell by the info givin.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!
1.gif

Is this a round diamond? If so, it looks smaller than a 1 carat should...the diameters you posted are more like a .90c stone or similar. A well-cut 1 carat round stone should have the diameter of 6.5mm. So this stone face up looks like a .90c stone. Not surprising if the numbers you posted are right, 67% table on a 59% depth may be borderline fish-eye and not even sure if you'd have good spread at that point (probably not since it looks smaller). Lastly there is the girdle, probably hiding some weight in there too.

My opinion on how he did is: not great. Sorry, but you did ask. Anyhow, if you enjoy the stone, then don't worry about the numbers, what is your recourse now anyway? It's not like you can take it back.
2.gif
In the future for his diamond purchases, just give him the hint to NOT to shop at the maul or a friendly family jeweler, instead give him the Pricescope url that you just found and he'll be in much better hands (good for you!) with all of us diamond loving lunatics who love helping people find great stones.

Congratulations again!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement.

It doesn't really matter what we think....it's purchased, and you're happy....that's all that matters.

Again, congratulations.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! You'll find that most of us here agonize over the tiniest detail. I mean, you will see posts where the virtues of two nearly identical stones are hotly debated. Well, I'm being somewhat facetious, but you know what I mean. So, most people here probably would have made a different choice. But, what matters is that you and your new fiance are engaged and whether or not YOU love the ring! Happy wedding planning, and maybe you can use PriceScope when picking out your wedding band!
1.gif

Choon

Rough_Rock
Congrats...its what that comes out from his heart that matters most so i think its ok..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results