shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you spend approx $10k?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Out of curiosity, what is your old cut tint threshold?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Ok I have a lead on a nice stone but it’s probably too warm for you.

I found a 2.8 ct Q-R OEC with a starting bid of $8k that hasn’t been bid on and had considered asking that vendor if they’d sell outside of eBay… but I’ve only owned lower colored stones for very brief periods so I’m a little hesitant since after the return period (if there is one) I can’t upgrade.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I found a 2.8 ct Q-R OEC with a starting bid of $8k that hasn’t been bid on and had considered asking that vendor if they’d sell outside of eBay… but I’ve only owned lower colored stones for very brief periods so I’m a little hesitant since after the return period (if there is one) I can’t upgrade.

That’s the one! :lol:

The table/ depth percentages look like they have potential but if it’s too warm then it’s too warm…

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gonna say Paris or London. Nice VRBO/HomeAway. Some planned-ahead reservations at Michelin-starred or -recommended places.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
That’s the one! :lol:

The table/ depth percentages look like they have potential but if it’s too warm then it’s too warm…

Lol I love that a lot of us are in the same places. I mean without eBay fees that’d be a great price. It’s still on my watch list and I posted it on the somebody’s gotta buy this thread a week or so ago. I want to see better pics of it!

Gonna say Paris or London. Nice VRBO/HomeAway. Some planned-ahead reservations at Michelin-starred or -recommended places.

That sounds fun! I binged Chefs Table on Netflix and am dying to go to a Michelin started restaurant. I know they’re not all Michelin starred restaurants on that show but I was obsessed.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wanting an OEC in a blue sapphire target ring. I'd want to wear it daily, so I'd probably go for creating a new setting. Antique settings have romance, but wear issues.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I've been wanting an OEC in a blue sapphire target ring. I'd want to wear it daily, so I'd probably go for creating a new setting. Antique settings have romance, but wear issues.

Did you see the ones at I&R? When I first got engaged I was obsessed with antique target rings. I&R was the best priced at that time… but that was over 7 years ago at this point.

kumasue

Rough_Rock
I have too high of a standard

I can't go anything lower than VS1 for a colourless diamond for that budget (I would stare and get extremely upset if I were to find even a spot in it with my naked eye)

It will affect for months to come

I'd definitely go for DEF VS1 at least

But currently (ironically) I'm heading for a I1 natural fancy greenish blue diamond cause I lack the funds for a good stone

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Lol I love that a lot of us are in the same places. I mean without eBay fees that’d be a great price. It’s still on my watch list and I posted it on the somebody’s gotta buy this thread a week or so ago. I want to see better pics of it!

That sounds fun! I binged Chefs Table on Netflix and am dying to go to a Michelin started restaurant. I know they’re not all Michelin starred restaurants on that show but I was obsessed.

I know that stone too thanks to @lulu_ma! To me it looks very tinted and quite caramely looking almost. They sent other photos to me

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Did you see the ones at I&R? When I first got engaged I was obsessed with antique target rings. I&R was the best priced at that time… but that was over 7 years ago at this point.

Those settings are made in China and quite flimsy. Pretty, but not for daily abuse IMO. They are not made by their bench, which is fine. To me their bench is not out of this world amazing, but not bad either and well priced

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I have too high of a standard

I can't go anything lower than VS1 for a colourless diamond for that budget (I would stare and get extremely upset if I were to find even a spot in it with my naked eye)

It will affect for months to come

I'd definitely go for DEF VS1 at least

But currently (ironically) I'm heading for a I1 natural fancy greenish blue diamond cause I lack the funds for a good stone

Wow I’m really interested in seeing the fancy a greenish blue!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results